Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly, people love to worry about stuff, even when they get their answer 🙄
Agree BUT in all fairness to those good folks, little nick saban said no to bama….not that Coach Heup has that same character. Until Coach proves me wrong or his seasons go south too many times or pigs fly, I want to believe he takes us to the top and keeps us there until College Football goes semi-pro and by that time I’ll be pushing up daisies and won’t care what the morons do !

On a side note, looks like Doc is about 4 days behind !

So just throwing mud at the wall a bit.

Bob Stoops is the interim (only 61 and was coaching last year in the XFL I think if they wanted to go with him though they wouldn't have made him interim, still he's going to have a say in who they pick) so with that being said I think that puts Heupel low on the list.

A few other names in the Stoops Coaching Tree

Mike Leach - OU is an upgrade over Miss State, and the fact he's now shown some ability in the SEC will be a positive.
Bo Pelini - Nebraska firing this dude was a huge mistake and has set them back and I think he's far enough removed from that falling out to be an option. (probably low on their list)
Kevin Sumlin - I mean he had success at Houston & Texas A&M, rough go at Arizona, but many coaches have gone there and done poorly. I think his ties to Stoops help and the fact he's very familiar with recruiting that region.
Mike Stoops - Long shot I know but maybe we're looking at the wrong brother? (I think this would be a bad hire and think they'd take everyone else on the list before him...but he is his brother)
Jay Norvell - I'm baffled why his name hasn't come up more, 33-26 at Nevada and making chump changes. OU assistant from 2008 to 2014

I know USC & LSU went and got big names for big money, not sure if OU has the pull to do that or if they even want to. But not sure who Stoops would be wanting to see there either...
I believe Norvell was fired with Heupel.

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
Stoops is a fraud. Just like this year they get by by playing nobodies. OOC schedule is annually terrible. They beat up on bad schools pretty much insuring they get to 6 wins. They know who they are and they’re ok with that stoops is ok with that. They’ll never win anything significant.
Yep and when we keep getting better…. It will make his recruiting a lot more difficult.

His “new” contract is laughable if reports about what’s in are true.
He was overpaid before - it's totally absurd now.

And that isn't to say that he's doing a bad job there, because he isn't. What UK is paying him relative to what their expectations are is just kind of wild. He puts together nice seasons (with the big blemish being his record against UT) but they pay him like he's winning the SEC East.

I wonder if Saban is scared to retire? I mean that fan base is crazy in the real world not just on twitter. Like Mark David Chapman crazy. If it was me I'd make sure I had another house set up somewhere else before announcing

Otis was a wonderful Human being . we lost a really good person.
❤️❤️Juice and his signature “✌🏾

His pictures are plastered all over Wayne Densch training center at UCF for a reason. A wonderful ambassador for the university.
I had the pleasure of getting to know him and Marlon Williams really well. devastating .
Just know he died doing a service, protecting his mother.
Unbelievable man. My hands are shaking typing this. 23 ****kng years old . This sadness just turned to anger.

I wonder if Saban is scared to retire? I mean that fan base is crazy in the real world not just on twitter. Like Mark David Chapman crazy. If it was me I'd make sure I had another house set up somewhere else before announcing

It would be so funny if they had to helicopter him out of Tuscaloosa.

Otis was a wonderful Human being . we lost a really good person.
❤️❤️Juice and his signature “✌🏾

His pictures are plastered all over Wayne Densch training center at UCF for a reason. A wonderful ambassador for the university.
I had the pleasure of getting to know him and Marlon Williams really well. devastating .
Just know he died doing a service, protecting his mother.
Unbelievable man. My hands are shaking typing this. 23 ****kng years old . This sadness just turned to anger.

Saw that his mother was also shot and killed, so sad man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back