Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just not good business to definitively say "I'm a Vol for life and would never, ever, ever consider leaving" when you're a hot commodity and your alma mater has an opening. Even if he has no intentions to leave Knoxville, he can still get a nice raise out of this.
Yeah, Im with you. I get it, it would just make me feel better lol

Reactions: Jimmy Football
EA interviewed coach this morning. Here's what he had to say.

Yeah, that's a dude that we will either run off, or he will retire here...maybe(?) the nfl could draw him away someday. He LOVES being a Vol. Fulmer was the last coach we had, that truly loved being a Vol.

I used to have zero opinion on the handling or this subject, period.
Coming back this year and reading details (from him) on which past kid got paid and exactly how much.. or what each parent received..?

Okay, it's possible all those kids or staff members just happened to volunteer private info, to a completely up & up organization with absolutely no involvement.. and for no apparent reason.
And that the only TN coaches he praised, were the ones fired for paying players, is all simply a coincidence.

Hell, let's just say it was all coincidence, why not. But how tf does someone act mad when they're the one laying out all the evidence themselves and act surprised when people draw the conclusion you lead them to draw?
It'd be like me giving very personal, UNRELEASED details on a crime and acting mad that people assume I, or someone I know, was involved??
Good grief.
Exactly..I can't believe people are so gullible that they buy his 🦬💩

Reactions: chargervol
FWIW, I didn't take this as a 100% denial of the OU job. I saw this as him repeating things he's said before, about what he's building here, and how much his family loves it, etc, etc. I'll rest easy when OU hires someone else.

I haven't even thought about him leaving, I learned about the full history with OK at the same time I learned how they treated him.

But I agree in the general sense. He definitely 'implied' but all these coaches just refuse a straight and simple "I am staying at __, let's be clear, I am not leaving".
They know until they see bottom line numbers, ya never say never.
Sneaky little bastards, lol.

It's just amazing what Heupel did for this offense. From the 100s in 2020 to top 10 in scoring offense in one season. That's unbelievable.
It is unbelievable..especially when you take in the early QB problems, his best RB being unavailable for big stretches..and most of all the OL issues. It blows my mind.

Looks like Penn State DC Brent Pry is taking the Va Tech job. He’s done a great job calling the Penn State defenses the past few seasons. Great recruiter as well. Good hire for the Hokies. I know they wanted a coach that could recruit and they seem to have found one

Reactions: BigSteve09
It's just amazing what Heupel did for this offense. From the 100s in 2020 to top 10 in scoring offense in one season. That's unbelievable.

I remember seeing similar stats after we hired him from when he was at Mizzou. Deep down i kinda felt like it wouldn't work like that here. Like for some reason I thought we were the problem and we were just destined to be derpy on offense. I couldn't actually believe it until i saw it. It was glorious though.

Wonder if Dan Mullen or Justin Fuente take other jobs this season.

Helton went from USC to Georgia Southern, so he definitely seems to still want to be coaching. I actually think Mullen could be good at Notre Dame, but they are without question going after Fickell first and honestly I don't know why he wouldn't jump all over that if true.

That would then open up Cincinnati and that would also be a great fit for Mullen.

Reactions: jkleno
You don’t help yourself posting updates on other teams commits. I respect you enough to never believe that you’re clueless in your intentions. Net result is you get your desired rise out of VN posters and then pretend it’s THEIR “narrative”. You pick a fight because you feel disrespected and in effect invite whole tonnage of disrespect. These posters will keep going at you, man. They don’t get tired. And neutral posters are perfectly capable of checking your post history and viewing your part in the fracas. Your efforts have succeeded in shutting down the Wade threads and Ty Simpson’s recruit thread is next. If that was your target? Happy shooting!
He won’t respond to this because it exposes his agenda just like he won’t respond to the “9” npa folks on the current roster. He won’t identify them as it doesn’t fit his narrative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back