Players Speaking Up

Pawns? You mean a player? Because that’s what they are. They are a player in a game. A game which the winners are not determined according to ones political beliefs. So it’s great they have opinions. Literally nobody is saying they cant. But it has nothing to do with the game, yet theyre the ones telling fans not to come

How is it that all you took from their post is “don’t come to our games”? Because that is not even close to the point they were trying to make and it’s disingenuous to suggest otherwise.

Reactions: kcvols1
How is it that all you took from their post is “don’t come to our games”? Because that is not even close to the point they were trying to make and it’s disingenuous to suggest otherwise.
You seem to be similar. Anyone who challenges your opinion is “obtuse” or “disingenuous”. Can you really not tolerate disagreement let alone discussion? Smh. They’re the ones who specifically said don’t come to the games “if people can’t respect them as humans”.

Are people on an opinion-based message board honestly getting upset because players from “their” team are expressing opinions? What I like is that these guys are a family and have each other’s backs. At the end of the day it’s about that team. Not you, me, or anyone else.
Really? How is that team without fan support, guy? The locker room might be a family, but those scholarships, stadiums, players lounges, etc. depend upon fans paying their hard earned money to sit in the stands, buy jerseys, dogs, and beer. Thumb your nose at us at your own peril.

You seem to be similar. Anyone who challenges your opinion is “obtuse” or “disingenuous”. Can you really not tolerate any disagreement? Smh. They’re the ones who specifically said don’t come to the games “if people can’t respect them as humans”.

I don’t care if you disagree. That’s perfectly fine and it’s valid to have your own opinion. But in several of your posts you were being “obtuse” and “disingenuous” because you have taken my words out of context and prior to this most recent post had failed to accurately capture what Trey and Josh were saying.

They’re not asking fans to not come to the games. And Trey has also said much more on the topic since that singular tweet in the TC’s original post.

Given the minuscule percentage of the black American population that black professional athletes actually represent, bringing up LeBron James as some sort of measurement of level of possible success for a black person is a bit ridiculous, and is just a way for you to disregard the fact that the average black person has a very different experience than the average white person in America.
My God man, how can you say this and not have the self-awareness of how you are simultaneously articulating the exact counterpoint to your dopey claim?

View attachment 289774
I’m not taking anything out of context

Seriously? I’ll state it again. You’re missing the entire point if all you’re latching onto are those 4 words. Realistically, the only people that should feel hurt by that quote are people who don’t respect Trey and Josh as human beings since you’re taking the literal approach.

I assume everyone on this board respects them as human beings. Thus, they aren’t asking you not to come to games.

Have you ever been pulled over or stopped by the police solely because you were white?
No. Now show your work that blacks are pulled over based ”solely because they were” black. Your childish emotions are not evidence of actual harm.

Did you read the part before the statement? "If you don't support us as as human beings", that does not say "If you don't agree with us politically or ideologically".

You are really coming across as a person who only tolerates black Americans who keep their mouths shut and happen to help your favorite football team win games.

No. Now show your work that blacks are pulled over based ”solely because they were” black. Your childish emotions are not evidence of actual harm.

Lol "childish emotions"...

See post #110 for Stanford's Open Policing project for the raw data.

My God man, how can you say this and not have the self-awareness of how you are simultaneously articulating the exact counterpoint to your dopey claim?

So you honestly believe that because LeBron James, found success in the NBA, that that experience of the average black American, is someone how free of discrimination?

Pleas elaborate on your 'dopey claim'.

That’s not true though. Racial profiling is a thing. Now, if you’d said “comply with police officers and you won’t get shot” I’d agree. But I don’t think black people, generally speaking, have as good of a chance at success as white people. That being said, I think BLM does more harm than good. We had come a long way with respect to racism. The current situation will set us back, I’m afraid.
I agree with you.
All this is setting the country back into racism.
As far as blacks African Americans go I don’t believe they are targeted by police.
I believe some have had people call the police saying they were suspicious.
I still believe the only way to cure this is to teach our children not to judge people by thier skin color but as a person.
Having someone call me a honky or snow or a snowflake cause I am white is wrong same as a black is called the n word a Hispanic called a ******** all that is wrong.
By the way I was called all those name plus been called white trash because I was in a black neighborhood.
Where was the respect for me as a person just because I wanted to play basketball

Nothing better than a bunch of (assuredly) white guys on a message board chastising a couple of black kids on the experience of black people in this country to prove it's not a problem. You certainly know better than they do or any of those other malcontents whom you've been able to discern their true intentions, which don't match their stated ones. Lucky on that one, lest you be forced to consider the possibility they may have a point.

Did you read the part before the statement? "If you don't support us as as human beings", that does not say "If you don't agree with us politically or ideologically".

You are really coming across as a person who only tolerates black Americans who keep their mouths shut and happen to help your favorite football team win games.
That has to be one of the most ridiculous proclamations to make. How are they not being supported as human beings? Who doesn’t support them as human beings? What does that even mean? I’ve asked a few times and nobody has an answer. Also you can **** off with that racial ********

Reactions: Rickyvol77
So you honestly believe that because LeBron James, found success in the NBA, that that experience of the average black American, is someone how free of discrimination?

Pleas elaborate on your 'dopey claim'.
No, Lebron James lives a life only a fraction of a fraction of white people could only imagine. And yet he claims to be living the horrid life of an average American black male. It’s a farce.

As is the idea that most black Americans routinely deal with racism and police brutality. They don’t. They simply do not. They work, go to school, eat at restaurants, go to movies, and live their lives in a 1000 other ways that resemble the average American life.

It’s people like you - cynical political activists - that want to take the anecdotal example of racism and project it upon the entirety of black life. It’s just isn’t true. No matter how many hot takes you make.

We are more similar than we are different. Now drop the political gamesmanship and start treating people as individuals instead of voting blocks.

Last edited:
I have no problem with him, or anyone else, speaking out. I have a big problem with the attitude of "support my point of view" or else you're racist or guilty of whatever.

We all want equal treatment of all people. The question is how do you achieve that. And that's the part no one wants to focus on. It's easy to take a knee, march, tear down a statue, like something on facebook, hashtag something or wear a colored ribbon.

How are we going to fix the illegitimacy rate, the teenage pregnancy rate, the high school dropout rate, gang violence, drug abuse, etc, etc, etc?

No one wants to deal with that stuff.

This is so perfectly stated that I’m mad I didn’t say it.

Post this stance on social media and you will get lit up for it. And therein lies the problem.

No, Lebron James lives a life only a fraction of a fraction of white people could only imagine. And yet he claims to be living the horrid life of an average American black male. It’s a farce.

As is the idea that most black Americans routinely deal with racism and police brutality. They don’t. They simply do not. They work, go to school, eat at restaurants, go to movies, and live their lives in a 1000 other ways that resemble the average American life.

It’s people like you - cynical political activists - that want to take the anecdotal example of racism and project it upon the entirety of black life. It’s just isn’t true. No matter how many hot you make.

We are more similar than we are different. Now drop the political gamesmanship and start treating people as individuals instead of voting blocks.

Please tell me where LeBron says anything about living a "horrid life".

You are throwing out numbers, without any evidence to back it up, and you are flat wrong: For black Americans, experiences of racial discrimination vary by education level, gender

I'm far from a "political activist" but I'm fully aware that my own experiences as a white person growing up in America are not the same as the experiences of minorities in America.

VN Store

Back