More upgrades have officially started inside Neyland

1. I'm glad I'm not the only one that noticed those seats have warp capability.
2. I just saw "all in" and assumed they'd include something. Otherwise, $250 to stand in the Upper Deck seems rough lol.

My biggest issue is how long it takes to get from Nashville there. It should only be about 2 hours 4 minutes but every time it’s almost 5 due to a traffic issue. I would love to have season tickets but it’s wearing just getting there and back. The really need to expand that interstate.

My biggest issue is how long it takes to get from Nashville there. It should only be about 2 hours 4 minutes but every time it’s almost 5 due to a traffic issue. I would love to have season tickets but it’s wearing just getting there and back. The really need to expand that interstate.
Murfreesboro to Chattanooga as well. The interstate from Chattanooga river bend to Monteagle Mountain and then from there to Murfreesboro is a nightmare.

Reactions: 09dunbar and NEO
2 hours and 4 minutes, it's 180 miles. You make it in 2 hours and 4 minutes on normal days? You wouldn't be driving a black Trans Am?

No. But I do drive about 90.

Trans Ams are awesome though. They need to bring Pontiac back.
There’s a stretch on the way that jams me up. I’ll be making good time and then the next thing I know I’m running about an hour later than planned. I always make great time on the way home.

Reactions: NEO
I think it's time to upgrade Neyland in line with UT Economics professor Tony Spiva's plan from the late 70's: Make it a dome, paint it orange, put a green exhaust vent on top, and burn the escaping alcohol fumes as an eternal flame. And voila the real Big Orange!
If we can spend money make a stand around and chat space then surely we can do that.
I think that Dr Spiva was a total hoot. Came from a Texas banking family , worked for Ford Foundation in India raved about PORSHAS all the time. Explained that banks print money...never forgot that. Econ 2110 on the tube. Eccentric was an understatement.

Don't forget this amenity:
  • Sports bar feel with a warp around bar and drink rails
Altering the time space continum doesn't come cheap.

I don't think food/drink is included. Just private concession stands where you don't have to associate with the proletariat class.
I gave a like, because I haven't seen this expression used in while... it reminds of the dry and stuffy (but funny) British humor of the 70's and 80's. John Cleese, mostly. Basically, American tourists were collectively referred to as "the proletariat"... with the pubs they frequented to be avoided, of course.

There’s a stretch on the way that jams me up. I’ll be making good time and then the next thing I know I’m running about an hour later than planned. I always make great time on the way home.

Same here.

Seems to be right after crossville and till the turkey hill area.

I think that Dr Spiva was a total hoot. Came from a Texas banking family , worked for Ford Foundation in India raved about PORSHAS all the time. Explained that banks print money...never forgot that. Econ 2110 on the tube. Eccentric was an understatement.
He was indeed a total hoot, and a really good teacher. The man had a full life to say the least. I think he also worked for the ADB in Indonesia. And he went to the ends of the earth to fly fish.

When we lived in Memphis I would just leave straight after work on Friday (Maybe I cut out a little early :p) and miss the traffic. The only way to avoid it is to be on the road when no one else is. Obviously this doesn't work for everyone but saves a ton of wasted time.

I live in Franklin. A normal drive (80-85) takes about 3 hours. Most significant congestion starts at I-75. If it takes you 5 hours on game day, leave earlier.

Otherwise, $250 to stand in the Upper Deck seems rough lol.

Maybe it's just me, but I feel that someone needs to put together an explainer video or else these tickets are an incredibly tough sell. Right now, as @GulfCoasterVol said, this is feeling a lot like a sports bar (except, you know, without air conditioning). I'm actually quite interested in this concept, but I expect things including:

• Drink and food options that aren't available in the general concourses
  • Some television screens showing other Top 25/SEC matchups (the Tennessee game is literally right there)
  • A guarantee that you aren't selling more tickets than there are non-reserved seats
  • Dedicated restrooms
  • Other amenities I can't think of right now but would become glaringly obvious after standing for five minutes

Maybe it's just me, but I feel that someone needs to put together an explainer video or else these tickets are an incredibly tough sell. Right now, as @GulfCoasterVol said, this is feeling a lot like a sports bar (except, you know, without air conditioning). I'm actually quite interested in this concept, but I expect things including:

• Drink and food options that aren't available in the general concourses
  • Some television screens showing other Top 25/SEC matchups (the Tennessee game is literally right there)
  • A guarantee that you aren't selling more tickets than there are non-reserved seats
  • Dedicated restrooms
  • Other amenities I can't think of right now but would become glaringly obvious after standing for five minutes
I agree completely. They need to do a better job of marketing exactly what is going to be available up there.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
I’m glad they’re working on renovations, desperately needed. I just want too see the concourses larger. I wish they’d take a trip and see A&M’s renovations, it’s beautiful. I took several anthropology classes in East Stadium Hall and always thought kinda of a cool place to have class.
I also lived in Morrill for a couple of years before Andy Holt. Can’t remember which floor, but it was the highest. Hated when the fire alarm was pulled. We’d try to hide and not have to go down the steps and then back up. Safety obviously was not on our minds!

That was my prom night, and it was even held at the Coliseum, too. I eventually couldn't stand it anymore so me and my date ditched the prom and went to their concert. That was the 3rd time I saw them live. Later that night, me, my date, and Skynyrd were the only ones at the Tiki Bar in the Hyatt. Dressed in a long-tailed tux and looking like a dork, I was just too chickensh*t to try hang out with them. Ronnie even looked at me at one point like he was expecting us to come over to party with them. From what I knew about them and myself at the time, it would have been a rip-roaring good time. It's one of the biggest regrets of my life, but it did teach me to not let moments like that ever go by again.

I have seen Skynyrd several times. Sadly, I never got to meet Ronnie. Donnie and Johnny? Yes, but I missed out on Ronnie. But they do speak fondly of him. I don't know if 38 special or Skynyrd are ever gonna tour again. But if they do? Getting to meet either group is really cool. Rip roaring good time? That and then some. If the chance comes, go for it. They are really cool guys.

A Whale-tail PORSHA, at that. He was a hoot.

Reactions: onthehill71
Or, Chevrolet can do a Trans Am package on the Camaro.

There is a shop in Florida called World Wide Trans Am that does that and they honestly look amazing.

80k for a car that has its entire warranty voided is a lot though. Shop goes under and you are out everything. But they do look sweet.

Reactions: kptvol1

VN Store

Back