More upgrades have officially started inside Neyland

Fightmaker

I have a stupid question-I’ve been in that stadium and seen pictures of it while empty, and I always see the seat backs randomly throughout. Do people just leave them there in their permanent seats year round? Do they not get weathered, or stolen, or mashed up into rubble by construction equipment?

OrngeJuiceJones

I have a stupid question-I’ve been in that stadium and seen pictures of it while empty, and I always see the seat backs randomly throughout. Do people just leave them there in their permanent seats year round? Do they not get weathered, or stolen, or mashed up into rubble by construction equipment?
Theyre installed by UT at request and extra charge by donor, or seat buyer per season.

OrngeJuiceJones

Theyre installed by UT at request and extra charge by donor, or seat buyer per season.
Remember my dad told me he roomed under the stadium his freshman year when he was in ROTC...don't know which side.
Would have been West side or South end zone i think

Vfl83

They are attached to the seat by the university (they are an upgrade you purchase) Pretty sure they will repair them if They break etc.

Remember my dad told me he roomed under the stadium his freshman year when he was in ROTC...don't know which side.
They used to be dorms and classrooms in Neyland.
I’ve heard a few stories of it being a game to get the freshmen lost down there. Whether or not it’s true would have to be verified by one of our resident students/graduates

They used to be dorms and classrooms in Neyland.
I’ve heard a few stories of it being a game to get the freshmen lost down there. Whether or not it’s true would have to be verified by one of our resident students/graduates
My uncle stayed in one of the rooms when it was a dorm back in the late 60's early 70's I believe. I had a class in one of the rooms in the late 90's down there.

TNnative

Well known pain in the azz
Well while I was there, East Stadium Hall was where biology classes were held. And I had seen signs for South Stadium Hall, where biology labs were done. Now I do not know if there were ever dorm rooms in the West portion. And I am sure you are aware that there was no North portion of the stadium until the late 80s or early 90s.

There definitely were no students living within the stadium when I was there. And to be honest? It was creepy enough to take a class in there. I could never envision what it was like when people lived within it.

VN Store