More upgrades have officially started inside Neyland

I am disappointed. I thought the season ticket holders were going to get access to the club next to the field and the area under the jumbotron was for the rest of us.

$1,950 per ticket and each pair includes a parking pass. Looks like it's basically $240ish per game for an all in deal including parking and food.
Don't forget this amenity:
  • Sports bar feel with a warp around bar and drink rails
Altering the time space continum doesn't come cheap.

I don't think food/drink is included. Just private concession stands where you don't have to associate with the proletariat class.

Last edited:
Don't forget this amenity:
  • Sports bar feel with a warp around bar and drink rails
Altering the time space continum doesn't come cheap.

I don't think food/drink is included. Just private concession stands where you don't have to associate with the proletariat class.
1. I'm glad I'm not the only one that noticed those seats have warp capability.
2. I just saw "all in" and assumed they'd include something. Otherwise, $250 to stand in the Upper Deck seems rough lol.

Reactions: GulfCoasterVol
Never forget walking into class and hearing Lynyrd Skynyrd’s plane crashed the night before. I met them backstage 21 May, 1977 at the Knoxville Civic Coliseum. A little trivia.

That was my prom night, and it was even held at the Coliseum, too. I eventually couldn't stand it anymore so me and my date ditched the prom and went to their concert. That was the 3rd time I saw them live. Later that night, me, my date, and Skynyrd were the only ones at the Tiki Bar in the Hyatt. Dressed in a long-tailed tux and looking like a dork, I was just too chickensh*t to try hang out with them. Ronnie even looked at me at one point like he was expecting us to come over to party with them. From what I knew about them and myself at the time, it would have been a rip-roaring good time. It's one of the biggest regrets of my life, but it did teach me to not let moments like that ever go by again.

I think it's time to upgrade Neyland in line with UT Economics professor Tony Spiva's plan from the late 70's: Make it a dome, paint it orange, put a green exhaust vent on top, and burn the escaping alcohol fumes as an eternal flame. And voila the real Big Orange!
If we can spend money to make a 'stand around and chat' space then surely we can do that.

Last edited:
It's overdue progress towards modernizing Neyland. I understand being an old fart who gets sentimental over major changes. I'm one myself. It brought tears to my eyes when Morrill Hall was demolished 2 years ago ...

... but you can't live in the past. These changes are for the best.

They tore down Morrill? That sucks.

You guys help me since we are talking stadium. Is it worth buying season tickets. Lower bowl?
Next year has Bama and UF at home which you'll pay a premium for as individual tickets but the non-confernce schedule is filled with less than marquee opponents so those will be easy to get as individual games.

How many games are you going to, all or just SEC opponents? And in spite of a lot whining here about the new pricing structure, almost all seats are cheaper even lower level sidelines.

I was a student in 1976. Took biology in Neyland and yes, there were some dorms in there. Awesome to be able to stop and watch practice while on my way to class. I was also able to watch basketball practice in the old gym just outside the north gate. Never forget walking into class and hearing Lynyrd Skynyrd’s plane crashed the night before. I met them backstage 21 May, 1977 at the Knoxville Civic Coliseum. A little trivia.
Im glad they showed up...Bought tickets in 72 or 73 and they cancelled.

Reactions: 87&91ALUM
Next year has Bama and UF at home which you'll pay a premium for as individual tickets but the non-confernce schedule is filled with less than marquee opponents so those will be easy to get as individual games.

How many games are you going to, all or just SEC opponents? And in spite of a lot whining here about the new pricing structure, almost all seats are cheaper even lower level sidelines.
Prolly go to all but Florida game. Figured I’d sell and make some of my investment back. Be too hot for my family and don’t want my young ones to learn the how adults talk yet. So worth it?

VN Store

Back