Fondest Bama Vol game you attended

1997 in Birmingham, my friend and I came across ESPN doing an interview with Archie Manning and Scott Hunter. Archie signed an item for me and then he handed the item to Hunter. At this point I stopped him. He said " You don't want my autograph?" I responded ' I don't want any autograph from a Bammer " Archie then turns to Hunter and says "I told you man, these Tennessee fans are hardcore"

After the game, my friend and I were able to get into the locker room. Four years later, same friend and I go to card show in Nashville where Peyton is appearing. As we get closer to the table, he is staring a hole through us. We get to the table and before we can say anything he says "You are the two guys who snuck into the locker room in Birmingham my senior year"

'96. Got a call the Thursday night before from a buddy with a free ticket. Took 20 minutes for him to convince me it wasn't BS. Sat in the rain in the lower bowl side-end zone amongst a bunch of Bama fans and watched Jay Graham bust a 79 yarder coming right at me. My one and only UT-Bama game. The Bama fans were even pretty cool believe it or not.

Jay Graham "The Run" 1996

Reactions: SycloneJoe
'96. Got a call the Thursday night before from a buddy with a free ticket. Took 20 minutes for him to convince me it wasn't BS. Sat in the rain in the lower bowl side-end zone amongst a bunch of Bama fans and watched Jay Graham bust a 79 yarder coming right at me. My one and only UT-Bama game. The Bama fans were even pretty cool believe it or not.

Jay Graham "The Run" 1996

You and I were sitting the the same area. I'll have to look for my tickets to see what section I was in.

Unfortunately, I have not been to many... My Dad had tickets to 1994 (L) & 1996 (W) but he took my Mom. Man, I really wanted to go. My first was in 2006 (W) and the only Bama win I have witnessed in person. My season tickets at that point were in JJ, so I was always near visitors. The Bama fans weren't bad. I remember a close game with Ainge having a horrendous first half... In a tie game, he threw an interception that should have been a pick six, but Ainge took a great angle and pushed out the safety out after a long return. The UT D stood strong and Bama ended up having to settle for a FG. I remember saying to the guy next to me, hopefully, we look back at that as saving the game for us. Second half the defense continued to play well and the offense finally put a few more points on the board. UT won a close one and I remember a not so nice chant coming from the student section near the end of game... something about two words and a Bama at the end of it. I am vocal at games but did not join in on that one. The Bama fans around me laughed it off...

Easy, 2003. I went to Bryant Denny with a co-worker and it was the 5 ot's game we endured. We should have lost that game but UT kept coming back and played lights out at the end but will say I watched all the overtime in the concourse for fear of my life for pulling for UT while being decked out in orange. As I smoked my cigar on the way back to my truck I was told many times where I could put it but will say before the game I had an 80 yr old woman that cussed me out and her family thought it was funny,,,,,,,,,I'll never go back!

Snapped an 11 year losing streak. Bear's last game in Neyland.

Thread over.

Since the thread is about the fondest memory of a game attended and not everyone actually attended that game, it is obvious plain English is a struggle for you.

That's OK, though. You can think you are in charge of threads if you want.

Mine has to be the year Johnny Majors beat Bear Bryant in Knoxville. One of my favorite games I was at all time.

I was sitting in Row 1 behind Bear Bryant. I followed the goal posts off the field and watched some students cut them up. So many years of defeat and frustration coming to an end. Great game. All games where we beat Bama, Florida, or Georgia are awesome for me.

Reactions: DuckInAPen
1992. We lost but that was my wedding day. Those who planned my wedding messed up (I was pushed to the side in terms of planning. Lol). I insisted that we still go to the game. My wife and I raced to the game in my tux and her wedding gown and sat in the student section. My best man wishes us well every year by saying “happy Bama game anniversary”. Just celebrated 29 years a few days ago. No way I’m that old.

Probably 1983 in Birmingham. Was with my uncle who was a Al graduate (if there is such a thing) and some of his friends. Used to go with him to the games in Birmingham. That was the first one where Tenn won.

Best outcome for game attended was 96 with late Jay G. Late run to close it out.

if you really can’t understand why many of us would prefer to see Bailey (as opposed to Milton again) there’s really no need in discussing anything with you. We’ll just have to agree to disagree
I was. Soaking wet if I remember correctly.

Mine has to be the year Johnny Majors beat Bear Bryant in Knoxville. One of my favorite games I was at all time.
No doubt. I had just changed jobs, moving from North Carolina to Alabama and had to work that afternoon. I listened to the UA radio broadcast and found myself slipping outside to burn some Marlboro reds to escape the crimson blowhards. Greatest day ever at work.
I feel sure some of my co-workers never wanted to see me again.
a

Last edited:
1982, I was a student then and we were only about ten rows up in the lower student section. Late in the game we started running roughshod over Bama with Chuck Coleman, and Bama had to take a timeout to regroup. On the next play Coleman gashed them again for a 40 yard or so TD. TN's OL was mauling the Bama DL at that point.

After Mike Terry's interception, everyone moved en masse towards the fence that surrounding the playing field. We started getting crushed by people behind us, and the cops finally gave up and allowed everyone to run around like idiots. I remember watching one of the goal posts come down, and someone as I recall got hurt when it fell.

I just wish I'd been more sober...

I was there too. That made 10 wins out of 12 games for Tennessee in the series. I would have savored it more, if I had known it was going to the last in my lifetime.
I certainly hope that’s not the case. I wish I would’ve savored it as well. Can’t believe it’s been so long.

1992. We lost but that was my wedding day. Those who planned my wedding messed up (I was pushed to the side in terms of planning. Lol). I insisted that we still go to the game. My wife and I raced to the game in my tux and her wedding gown and sat in the student section. My best man wishes us well every year by saying “happy Bama game anniversary”. Just celebrated 29 years a few days ago. No way I’m that old.
Shuler played the whole game with a concussion

VN Store

Back