Fondest Bama Vol game you attended

A tough call. I was entering the upper deck of Legion Field when Peyton connected with Joey Kent, and i was only Vol fan in our group of six , Before that I was in Bham in 1969, having hitchiked with a fellow Knoxvillian while we were in college in NC after his parents had let us have their extra tickets for game. Most distinct memory was having a whiskey bottle tossed at his parents' car while we were trying to leave.
There was 82 --possibly the sweetest --since i had just taken a new job in Alabama,

Reactions: DuckInAPen and MAD
2003. Five overtimes in Bryant-Denny. I was sitting near the end zone where all the action happened. I’m not sure that experience can ever be topped.
I was living outside Tuskaloser that year. My wife, a Bama alum, were watching in separate rooms but I can't remember where a word was said the rest of that Saturday

nobody there for the 1967 Legion Field beatdown in B'ham? That one should be right at the top all time! The bear had Stabler, Homan and co! Vol's went on and earned one of their SIX national championships after that game!
does it count if i have dreams of watching Snake lose it. Was in Neyland in 1966 and 1964 games and in legion field for 69 game

1982 was the sweetest feeling. Like a 10,000 pound weight rolled off the program. Same feeling in 1995. The weight is even bigger now but we will roll it off under Heupel.

Worst was 1993. We had the talent to win the national championship and that tie when everyone on the planet knew Palmer was going to run wide there just killed me on the inside and made me feel like we would never beat them again.

nobody there for the 1967 Legion Field beatdown in B'ham? That one should be right at the top all time! The bear had Stabler, Homan and co! Vol's went on and earned one of their SIX national championships after that game!

Is that the game where Stabler threw the ball out of bounds on 4th down? If so, My father was at that game. It was the, he had only been home from the Army a couple of weeks.

Reactions: DuckInAPen
As a side note I hated Legion Field and once came back to find my car missing two wheels and tires after a game.

Don't remember the year, but was sitting in the South endzone and saw TRob run in a 2-pt conversion to beat them (iirc).

2006 game in Knoxville. Rushed from Hartsfield-Jackson in Atl. to Knoxville. Erik Ainge hustled and saved a Pick 6 by pushing the Bama defender out of bounds. If he doesn't make that play UT probably drops that game and Bama's streak starts a year sooner...

Mine has to be the year Johnny Majors beat Bear Bryant in Knoxville. One of my favorite games I was at all time.

Yep, same one I came here to post. An amazing day, starting with the Vols wearing orange and white pants for warmups, and then running out through the Power T in all orange. I've never heard a stadium that loud, ever. Then the Bama fumble on the first scrimmage play, and the ball seemed to be loose for 30 seconds before UT jumped on it. When we picked off the last pass with 17 seconds left, I don't remember seeing the finish as we were headed to the field and one of the goalposts.

I'll never forget carrying that goal post down the strip before we took it and dumped it next to the Rock. Cops were letting people have open drinks and beer in the street, and you could hear the partying still going from a couple of blocks away in on when I woke up the next morning in the house we lived at on Clinch Ave. I've been to a ton of sporting events, but none can match that day.

don diego, No,volfrombama was arrested for petty theft of condiments and lewd behavior because the cops thought he had a contraceptive device on his person.

1998 for me. Peerless' KO touchdown with a flag on the play that had Bama cheering was a great memory. Bama called on the penalty and that crowd roared again and the momentum swung back to us for the win.

Others ...
1978 dad surprised me on a camping trip in Crossville when I was 14yo. Bad game, but I remembered the cheerleaders for some reason. LOL

1986 Took a 1st date up from UTC and she was awesome. The game not so much. I think that tailback is still running toss sweeps left and right for 6-8 yards every play! 56-28 iirc. Although I don't remember the WR for us (Hancock?), But it was the greatest catch I've seen in Vol history on its merits alone. Deep ball around mid field, he leaped above all toothless defenders snagged it, got his feet cut out and flipped a time or 2 and crashed to the ground and held on ... holding penalty brought it back ... waaah wash waaaaaaah.

2003. Five overtimes in Bryant-Denny. I was sitting near the end zone where all the action happened. I’m not sure that experience can ever be topped.
I was there too. In the Tennessee section tho. Casey Clausen was a warrior. My favorite UT qb. Oh what he could have done with coach Cut….

VN Store

Back