Fondest Bama Vol game you attended

1985 in Birmingham. Tony Robinson went down with a knee injury, Daryl Dickey replaced him at QB and the Vols held on for a 16-14 victory with a Dale Jones interception on Bama‘s last drive of the game. A little additional color is my wife fainted during the game due to the heat and some medication she was taking and had to spend the entire second half in the Red Cross Medic room. I had to keep running back and forth from Red Cross to the tunnel to watch the game and check on her. What a memory

1985 at Legion Field in Birmingham. Bama after diving at Tony Robinsons knees all day finally crippled him and took him out with TN ahead 16-7, as soon as Robinson went out Bama scored to cut it to 16-14 and had the momentum. Bama was driving for the go ahead score when Dale Jones tipped a Mike Shula pass in the air and then caught it himself for the interception, still one of the greatest individual plays I’ve witnessed. TN held on for the win and we celebrated hard at The Downtown Sheraton that night, the band and team joined us for awhile. Good times back then.

Reactions: smokeymon
1998. Pow on Zow. Peerless with the 100 yard kickoff return for a TD directly following Shaun Alexander's long TD run where he gave the fans an "L" symbol on his forehead.

Reactions: ArdentVol
1996. Bama led 13-0 and Tennessee put up 20 unanswered points. Game was tied 13 all late in the 4th. Crowd was getting pissed thinking Fulmer was playing for OT when Jay Graham broke off an 80 yard touchdown. Tennessee had to hold on late when Leonard Little hit Freddy Kitchens and forced a fumble on 4th and goal. It was high drama. 1998 would be second but that game was never in doubt.

1998 for me. My 28 year old son was 5 at the time and this was his first game. He is in the military now, but we managed to begin a tradition to see at least one game together for 22 years straight before missing a year. We'll resume one day I hope.

Reactions: DuckInAPen

VN Store

Back