Fondest Bama Vol game you attended

I got pelted with mustard and ketchup packets at Legion Field in 1995. Was and is still my favorite butt whoopin and Peyton moment i ever witnessed.
That was a great day. You must have gotten pelted early. I was sitting in the end zone that Joey ran to on the opening play. We were right in the middle of a sea of crimson. By early fourth qtr we pretty much had the section to ourselves.

Reactions: DuckInAPen
Would love to give an answer, but I was 10 the last time we won a game in the series. 😂

2000 at Neyland. Second game I attended after the Florida game that year and he who shall not be named made the "catch".

99. My second Vols game ever. My daddy took me. First game in Tuscaloosa in years and we beat them like a dog.

2003. Five overtimes in Bryant-Denny. I was sitting near the end zone where all the action happened. I’m not sure that experience can ever be topped.
What a beautiful time that was. I was there in the upper deck (got crummy student tickets). But man there was like a 4th and 20 we converted. Just incredible.

82 and 95. Some good ones in Legion field I missed. Dale Jones interception was one I wish I'd seen.

82. My high school teammate Duan Henry started at mlb for Tennessee. He was laying on top of Mike Terry after he intercepted the ball in the end zone! Next day our church had a football day for all the local teams in Cocke county. Gault, Reviz, White, and Duan came to it. Reggie brought the sermon that day!!

When the goalposts went down the Strip. I am told I was there.

I think it was 82.

2003. Five overtimes in Bryant-Denny had 50 yd line tickets. The fans were nice for the biggest part. Took forever to get home.

1977 Tennessee 92 Bama 89

I was at that game in Tuscaloosa as well as the difficult to accept OT loss there the year before. Much more rewarding than either of the only two football wins I saw in person (2000 and 2006). But I have seen a dozen or so losses in person. None of them fun.

1995 in Birmingham.

Peyton hit Joey Kent for 80 yards right out of the gate and the rest was history.
Mine too. I was sitting in the Tide Pride section (big Bama boosters) with a customer who invited us to the game. By mid 3rd quarter he was so mad he left and went back to his RV along with most everybody in that section and my wife and I were the only people left in the section. It was glorious.

It had to be 2004 when Parys Haralson returned that fumble for a touchdown.

2003 5 overtime brawl for it all down in Tusky! Got my tickets from a well off motel owner in Pigeon Forge and sat in the TN section in the endzone where most of the overtimes were played including the Casey Clausen dive for the pileon! Was Amazing!

1982. My late father & I drove up to Knox with absolutely no idea Tennessee could win that game. Bama was #2, thought at that time to be Bear’s best team ever, just destroyed Penn St (eventually the Nat Champion). Unbelievable beautiful October day. Worlds Fair next door. My dad talked about that game until he left. Special memory.

Mine too. I was sitting in the Tide Pride section (big Bama boosters) with a customer who invited us to the game. By mid 3rd quarter he was so mad he left and went back to his RV along with most everybody in that section and my wife and I were the only people left in the section. It was glorious.
was with five tide fans that night. not sure of exact time we left but it was a pretty difficult finding things to talk about ion ride back to tuskaloosa county

1982, I was a student then and we were only about ten rows up in the lower student section. Late in the game we started running roughshod over Bama with Chuck Coleman, and Bama had to take a timeout to regroup. On the next play Coleman gashed them again for a 40 yard or so TD. TN's OL was mauling the Bama DL at that point.

After Mike Terry's interception, everyone moved en masse towards the fence that surrounding the playing field. We started getting crushed by people behind us, and the cops finally gave up and allowed everyone to run around like idiots. I remember watching one of the goal posts come down, and someone as I recall got hurt when it fell.

I just wish I'd been more sober...
I believe that was the year the uprights were paraded down Cumberland and eventually cut up into pieces and handed out or sold. If I am remembering correctly, the Strip was barricaded at each end and looked like a war zone with broken bottles and people running around.

I attended the 17-17 tie in Tuscaloosa, and I can tell you that I had ice thrown at me hitting my back side through out the whole game. When Garner broke the 80 yard touchdown run, that made things even worse. They tried to get my seat from all of these alpha clubs, but thank goodness the staff member stopped that. I was sitting down by the Bama band with four other Tennessee guys, and they even got hit with ice. About three to five beautiful girls tried to make us move from our seats, said those seats belonged to them from those clubs. I told her for the right price, I would get up. She didn’t like that to much, because I was all decked out in orange.

VN Store

Back