Fondest Bama Vol game you attended

I was at the 1984 game in Knoxville. We won coming from behind with Tony Robinson diving into endzone for two at the end for win. I joined people storming the field and tearing the goalposts down. Great day to be a vol !!!!!

82. My high school teammate Duan Henry started at mlb for Tennessee. He was laying on top of Mike Terry after he intercepted the ball in the end zone! Next day our church had a football day for all the local teams in Cocke county. Gault, Reviz, White, and Duan came to it. Reggie brought the sermon that day!!

I might know you. Little younger, but I remember Duan and the church was at West End Baptist I believe. I played at Edgemont with his brother Quack. I think we had beat the Black Hawks on Saturday and was rubbing it in pretty good.

I've only been to one Bama/UT game - 2006.

My mother worked for a large regional bank in HR and never asked for UT tickets in the 20+ years she was there but did ask for tickets sometime in 2006. So instead of them giving her crap tickets to one of the throwaway games they gave her the Bama tickets. I have only been to Neyland a handful of times despite being a huge fan. About a month before the UT/Bama game I got a really bad staph infection. It hospitalized me and I was really upset thinking I was going to miss this game. I basically walked out of the hospital to go to the Bama game because it was that important to me.

My mom and I go to the game and it was a great atmosphere. The Bama fans weren't nearly as obnoxious in 2006 as they were not the powerhouse they became again under Saban. There was some point in the game where a UT player was injured and the Bama fans cheered and then the entire stadium started chanting F You Bama, F You Bama, and my poor mom was like WHAT are they saying. I said it's what you think and she just laughed and said wow this is crazy. We won the game that day - and it was the last time we beat Bama.

My mom was a very selfless person and sacrificed a lot all of her life to keep us comfortable even though we were very much at the bottom of the lower middle class. My dad became disabled when I was 14 and I got a special exemption to work to help us keep our house. So I never got to do a lot of things I wanted to and for her to be able to go to this UT game with me was a big deal. She passed away from aggressive cancer after a short battle 2 years ago. I'll always have tons and tons of fond memories of my mom but this Bama game was special for both of us. And we won that October afternoon. It was a really great day that I still look back on fondly.

Mine has to be the year Johnny Majors beat Bear Bryant in Knoxville. One of my favorite games I was at all time.
10/18/1969. At B'ham, we STOMPED them 40-14. Bammers were absolutely devasted. Crowd dead silent as they shuffled out. I was young, drunk and happier than anytime till I went to Phoenix for the defining moment of my UT fandom.

Reactions: ArdentVol
Is that the game where Stabler threw the ball out of bounds on 4th down? If so, My father was at that game. It was the, he had only been home from the Army a couple of weeks.

NO, I think that game was in Neyland. In 1967, it was not a run away but is was decided well before the last few seconds!

2003. Five overtimes in Bryant-Denny. I was sitting near the end zone where all the action happened. I’m not sure that experience can ever be topped.
I’ve been to few Alabama games and that my only win. I expecting that to change Saturday.

Late in the 2003 game the Vol fans got loud and then our defense ended the game with the win. I’m the one that got the Vol fans going.

10/18/1969. At B'ham, we STOMPED them 40-14. Bammers were absolutely devasted. Crowd dead silent as they shuffled out. I was young, drunk and happier than anytime till I went to Phoenix for the defining moment of my UT fandom.
was there after hitchhiking from NC,
Dont remember being that surprised by score, just reaction from folks leaving legion field
most thrilling victory for me that year was in athens, a frat brother of mine and I were both dating sorority
sisters at georgia and went to party where several doggie players were in attendance ....
just wish i could erase memory of the archie who> game that year

This will probably be the first year ever I won’t pull for all the Sec teams to win the championship. As much as I don’t like Bama I could still pull for them but Georgia no way. I’ll pull for anyone over them even Ohio State.

Reactions: VOLnMiami
shocked to see that my tenneesee-bama record is 10-12.
first two games were losses in 64 and 66 iwith the first win coming in 69 in bham
one of the other road wins wasthe Manning to Kent and then 99 and 01 victories r in gumpaloosa
last win for me came in 06. unfotunately went to 06 loss, and that was one of the last times i made it home to neyland.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Have to say the last time we beat them. My wife and I were at Neyland for that 16-13 win. A row behind us were some very whiny BAMA fans.

Reactions: alavolfan
1995 was in Birmingham. The game remained at Legion field until 1997. 1999 was the first game back in Tuscaloosa. I was also in Birmingham in 1997.

Correct...it has all run together for me. Now that I think about it, my first game in Tuscalooser was 2001. I attended every single UT-bama game from 1986-1998. Had to miss 1999, but did go in 2001-02. I've only been to a few since then.

Reactions: alavolfan
1968. My first game at Neyland. Beat the Bear 10-9. Fond memories of how happy my dad and uncle were after the game. Back at my uncles house in Morristown they got so drunk we had to spend the night and wait until Sunday to drive back to Johnson City. My mother was furious telling them they set a bad example for me as a 12 year old. Actually, it is one of my fondest memories and a big reason I am a Vol for life. Lost my dad in 2000 but drink a toast to him at the end of every UT game.

96. Somehow, I found myself sitting 3 rows under the "O". Still the highest up I've ever sat in that stadium. Loved watching Jay G. do his thing and drive the stake in their hearts again.

I attended the last Tennessee win over Alabama in 2006 - 16-13, and it the fondest to me because it was the last time we won. Ugly defensive game with a lot of offensive struggles. I haven't gone to a Tennessee-Alabama game since. I hope to go again someday. I hope to want to go again someday.

1985 in Birmingham. Tony Robinson went down with a knee injury, Daryl Dickey replaced him at QB and the Vols held on for a 16-14 victory with a Dale Jones interception on Bama‘s last drive of the game. A little additional color is my wife fainted during the game due to the heat and some medication she was taking and had to spend the entire second half in the Red Cross Medic room. I had to keep running back and forth from Red Cross to the tunnel to watch the game and check on her. What a memory
I was there... sat with my buddy (Bama grad)... we were in the endzone where Bama was trying to get to... Dale Jones was the man!

My one and only TN game l ever attended was also the best one l ever attended. It was in Tuscaloosa, AL (where l lived at the time) in 2003. Packed stadium, great experience (other than rude Bammer fans). The TN band was amazing too.

Deadlocked 20-20 at the end of regulation on a late score by TN. It went on for 5 overtimes. Saw some of my Bammer friends on the way out and yelled “Go Vols” at everyone of them! Been waiting to do that again for too long of a time now.

82 and it's not even close. Was in the upper deck but caught up with the goal post parade and stayed with it all the way to the intersection of 17th and the Strip.

What a great day and night.

VN Store

Back