If hooker can’t go against mizzou…

chattavol420

Please god give Bailey a chance. We all know what Milton is. He’s a 4th year college player at this point and he’s a 50% career passer. But what’s even worse than that…he has no pocket presence. He had a strip sack in both games he started and was sacked multiple times. God knows Tennessee fans know a qb with poor pocket awareness when we see one (obviously after 4 seasons of watching you know who).

I believe we are in good hands going forward with heupel. But the decision to go with Milton was a mistake. What if hooker had gotten all those first team reps. Perhaps he’d have hit a few more down the field throws. And perhaps he’d have a few less drops by the wrs (as every qb delivers the ball a little differently). We’d almost certainly have beaten Pitt. So with that in mind, if hooker can’t go I believe we HAVE to give the nod to Bailey. Most of us will never know as much about coaching as Heupel. But we’ve seen enough of Milton to know he shouldn’t be playing for an sec team. Who knows with Bailey. He hasn’t been given an opportunity under the bright lights yet.

Why do you want Bailey do “have a chance” so bad?

Seriously?

Why not wish for whichever QB is put in there to be amazing?

Why not wish for Hooker to be just fine?

Why so many folk in love with Bailey?

heck I don’t have anything against him…..I simply root for Tennessee……so usually I want their starter to do well.

Seriously?

heck I don’t have anything against him…..I simply root for Tennessee……so usually I want their starter to do well.

if you really can’t understand why many of us would prefer to see Bailey (as opposed to Milton again) there’s really no need in discussing anything with you. We’ll just have to agree to disagree

Seriously?

I’ll try to explain this to you anyway although I doubt it will help. But… We want Bailey to have a chance because Milton has already had a whole bunch of chances and has proven to be one of the worst quarterbacks I’ve ever seen. It is almost statistically impossible that Bailey would have performed worse than Milton if given the same amount of opportunity. Then you factor in the fact that he was one of the top high school quarterbacks in the nation and is the only quarterback that stayed with us (even after the coaching change) and there you have it. Not a hard concept to understand. Had Milton come in and performed even decent I think we would be giving the coaches the benefit of the doubt. But that’s not what has happened.

Seriously?

And finally who said I don’t wish for hooker to be good to go? Not that my opinion matters but I do think based on what I’ve seen he gives us the best chance to win right now. The title of the thread was “if hooker can’t go against mizzou”. Not…I don’t want hooker to be fine?

if you really can’t understand why many of us would prefer to see Bailey (as opposed to Milton again) there’s really no need in discussing anything with you. We’ll just have to agree to disagree

Did you read my post?

Yea…..if your saying “please God give…..”

Why not simply please let whomever……

I don’t know that Milton was a “mistake” at all. He has a very high ceiling. The mistake would have been riding Milton once you realized he couldn’t put it all together.

I think Milton has the highest ceiling and has the best command of the inter-snap game management……probably due to more fall camp QB1 reps……but at the end of the day, high ceiling or no, you have to move the chains.

I think HB is probably on the other end of the spectrum and his command and speed of the offense is the lowest….however he’s less experienced than the other two and probably has not received the live reps of the other two. He’s not a statue in the pocket, but not as mobile. Problematic behind this o-line…..

I think Hooker is smack dab in the middle of the two. Not as fast with execution as Milton….again perhaps it’s due to fall camp distribution of #1 reps and he’ll continue to improve. I think he’s certainly the most dangerous with his legs and 100% gives us the best chance to advance the sticks and put up points…….the “mistake” would be not yoking up with Hooker as QB1 the rest of the year.

If The Hook is out……I don’t know what we should do. Again from a raw physical and also execution standpoint Milton>Bailey……but all of that is for nought if he continues to chunk it over our receiver’s heads.

It’s all over the place.

I’ve seen Bailey posts in all kinds of threads.

“If” he came in and had to do meaningful time…..I hope he preforms well.

However I want whoever is at QB to do well.

Bailey hasn’t shown anything……especially in this system. Vs Tech he was 40 some %…..and it really didn’t look good at all.

He probably isn’t the answer…..and that’s probably why he is #3…….I just don’t get all the “fan” hype……why so many folk clamoring for him.

Uncle Rico is available in the portal.

checkthisout-napoleon-dynamite.gif

images

Last edited:
Please god give Bailey a chance. We all know what Milton is. He’s a 4th year college player at this point and he’s a 50% career passer. But what’s even worse than that…he has no pocket presence. He had a strip sack in both games he started and was sacked multiple times. God knows Tennessee fans know a qb with poor pocket awareness when we see one (obviously after 4 seasons of watching you know who).

I believe we are in good hands going forward with heupel. But the decision to go with Milton was a mistake. What if hooker had gotten all those first team reps. Perhaps he’d have hit a few more down the field throws. And perhaps he’d have a few less drops by the wrs (as every qb delivers the ball a little differently). We’d almost certainly have beaten Pitt. So with that in mind, if hooker can’t go I believe we HAVE to give the nod to Bailey. Most of us will never know as much about coaching as Heupel. But we’ve seen enough of Milton to know he shouldn’t be playing for an sec team. Who knows with Bailey. He hasn’t been given an opportunity under the bright lights yet.

I agree 100%. I think he needs to get at least a half vs Mizz to prove he can or can't be what the O needs moving forward with or without a healthy Hooker! If Bailey doesn't at least get a shot and transfers and blossoms on another team, Heupel better hope the pro style QB's that do have the ability to do some damage with their legs when necessary aren't needed at all during his coaching career!!! Because he probably won't get another 4 or 5 star pro style QB to come to play for him!!!!

It’s all over the place.

I’ve seen Bailey posts in all kinds of threads.

“If” he came in and had to do meaningful time…..I hope he preforms well.

However I want whoever is at QB to do well.

Bailey hasn’t shown anything……especially in this system. Vs Tech he was 40 some %…..and it really didn’t look good at all.

He probably isn’t the answer…..and that’s probably why he is #3…….I just don’t get all the “fan” hype……why so many folk clamoring for him.

He was playing in mop up time with 3 stringers!!! You can't judge him in Heupel's system until he plays with the 1st string against a average to good SEC team!!!!

I don’t know that Milton was a “mistake” at all. He has a very high ceiling. The mistake would have been riding Milton once you realized he couldn’t put it all together.

I think Milton has the highest ceiling and has the best command of the inter-snap game management……probably due to more fall camp QB1 reps……but at the end of the day, high ceiling or no, you have to move the chains.

I think HB is probably on the other end of the spectrum and his command and speed of the offense is the lowest….however he’s less experienced than the other two and probably has not received the live reps of the other two. He’s not a statue in the pocket, but not as mobile. Problematic behind this o-line…..

I think Hooker is smack dab in the middle of the two. Not as fast with execution as Milton….again perhaps it’s due to fall camp distribution of #1 reps and he’ll continue to improve. I think he’s certainly the most dangerous with his legs and 100% gives us the best chance to advance the sticks and put up points…….the “mistake” would be not yoking up with Hooker as QB1 the rest of the year.

If The Hook is out……I don’t know what we should do. Again from a raw physical and also execution standpoint Milton>Bailey……but all of that is for nought if he continues to chunk it over our receiver’s heads.

Well, that is going to happen and Milton has NO POCKET AWARENESS! If he did, he would have tucked the balls or got away from the defenders instead of fumbling several times! Yes, Milton is a better athlete and runner. But, Bailey is a much better passer that can open up the run game AS LONG AS HE MAKES FASTER DECISIONS and GETS RID OF THE BALL SOONER!!!

Reactions: Big Al Orange
He was playing in mop up time with 3 stringers!!! You can't judge him in Heupel's system until he plays with the 1st string against a average to good SEC team!!!!

he was playing “against” 3rd stringers vs Tech too.

He looked bad……43%

Sure he could use more reps for “us” to have a more “complete” judgment……..but I’m fairly confident Heupel has him at #3 for a reason…….don’t you think?

If he can’t handle “mop up” duty vs tech……what makes you think he can handle starting roles vs SEC competition?

I’ll try to explain this to you anyway although I doubt it will help. But… We want Bailey to have a chance because Milton has already had a whole bunch of chances and has proven to be one of the worst quarterbacks I’ve ever seen. It is almost statistically impossible that Bailey would have performed worse than Milton if given the same amount of opportunity. Then you factor in the fact that he was one of the top high school quarterbacks in the nation and is the only quarterback that stayed with us (even after the coaching change) and there you have it. Not a hard concept to understand. Had Milton come in and performed even decent I think we would be giving the coaches the benefit of the doubt. But that’s not what has happened.

Great points, but, you can't get a lot of people on this board to TRY and THINK LOGICALLY!!! All of the Bailey supporters just want to see him play AT LEAST A HALF and be able to throw the ball AT LEAST 25 times in the first half of a game with the 1st string behind him against an average or better SEC team!!! If he fails, at least the coaching staff proved he isn't an option. Until then, their is going to be speculation that Bailey could perform better at QB than what we have seen this year!!!!

Last edited:

VN Store

Back