Bruce Feldman on Briles

Lol no they’re not. If you honestly think that two HS players who haven’t played a down are more important than a competent OC, then look at our offensive performance between 05/06 with basically the same roster. Or between 08/09 with the exact same QBs and receivers.
We had a bad OL in both of those instances

We had a bad OL in both of those instances
3-4 guys on the 05 team who played on Sundays. Try again. Also your point is completely irrelevant because my comment was based on the fact that competent coaching turned the team around after a poor performance the year before. If we had poor Oline play it would have only furthered my point...ie Kiffin did have a patchwork offensive line in 09 but managed to scheme around it.

Reactions: dduncan4163
Give Briles whatever he wants, period. We need a coach that can open a door or two in recruiting some of those Texas blue chip players.
Boom nail on the head. We have come to figure out that pulling Cali kids w Heltons contacts isn’t a reliable method of recruiting. It’s simply is too far away. If the guys we almost got from the west coast in last years recruiting cycle were say Texas distance ...

Reactions: Vato
Lol seriously? No o-line coach in the country could do anymore with this group. Losing the two best to injury and having to move those guys around to fill holes created an impossible situation. And let’s admit it they aren’t the most talented group to start with.
Sadly, I said this all season and people were still missing it. I don't know how much more clearly it can be said. At this point they are just delusional because their hope is just that high.

I want an OC that has had success, Briles isn't the only one that fits that description but he fits it.
That's often why they're a "name guy".
Briles has been at mid major. We ran into this the last few coaches. Can he make the jump to P5?? I don't know. But the mid major mindset is the reason we are in the mess we are in.

Reactions: AM64
Briles has been at mid major. We ran into this the last few coaches. Can he make the jump to P5?? I don't know. But the mid major mindset is the reason we are in the mess we are in.

He was the OC at Baylor in 15. He jumped pretty high back then.

Reactions: Behr
I buy this at the top job but completely proven top tier OC's don't stay OC's for long.
When they leave a top program, it's usually for a head coaching position. Lateral moves aren't that common. Doable but not the standard.

Reactions: shotgun83
I can’t stand the new narrative going around now about Dooley. He was as dumb as they come. At least Butch recruited some linemen. Yeah they weren’t world beaters but he got some decent guys in there. Oh and let’s not forget trey smith. Butch>doooley all day long and that is saying something. Interested to see year two for CJP and if he gets a bowl. If not, fire up the firm again

I can’t stand the new narrative going around now about Dooley. He was as dumb as they come. At least Butch recruited some linemen. Yeah they weren’t world beaters but he got some decent guys in there. Oh and let’s not forget trey smith. Butch>doooley all day long and that is saying something. Interested to see year two for CJP and if he gets a bowl. If not, fire up the firm again
I agree 100% Butch was a decent mid major coach that just wasn't cut out for the SEC meat grinder. Dooley on the other hand was completely incompetent and an arrogant pri*k to boot. Butch beat Florida once, UGA twice, and USCjr three times. He also owned the Big 10 in bowl games. Dooley had a 4-19 SEC record. There's simply comparison. Butch was in over his head. Dooley was completely out of his league.

friend is a better crooter with more connections. Best case scenario is Kendall with his OL coach, move friend, and boot weinke. Friend is a better coached and recruiter than weinke. Kendall will greatly appreciate Friend when Wanya and Wright get to Knox.

Why Weinke he could be an asset to the QB room!
Have you ever watched a Kendall Briles offense? Do me a favor and go watch Baylor in 2015, and 2016, FAU in 2017, and Houston this year. Tell me what Chris Weinke would tell those qb’s. Bc every single one of those offenses finished top 10 in the nation. I think Kendall can handle the qbs. Educate yourself before posting.

VN Store

Back