Bruce Feldman on Briles

Hmmmmm.... Will Friend not getting promotion AND may have to shift positions to get Briles? interesting indeed. Friend had a very good resume before coming here (UT the destroyer of reputations). Would hate to lose him actually - and didnt he recruit Wanya? He was a badass recruiter at GA too.

Last edited:
Hate that for Will Friend. I can’t blame Briles for wanting a different OL coach though.
I doubt the reason is personal against Friend. In the real world of coaches, Will Friend is very well respected. Just a matter of familiarity and giving a bud a boost. EDIT: I almost got caught up for a moment in the same insanity of the rest of the board, why is this person's tweet with info from unnamed sources have any more clout than any of the other thousand or so already posted?

Last edited:
Uhhh? I could!! Morris and Wright!
After watching a Friend coached OL, I cant believe Morris is still committed and Wright even thinking about committing. But I get what you are saying. This is a dirty business , sad but it is.

They might hire this guy, who knows? But if there's ever been a media conspiracy against TN it's that every few days they take turns screwing with the obsessed weirdos. The brainstorming sessions for these tweets must be fun.

After watching a Friend coached OL, I cant believe Morris is still committed and Wright even thinking about committing. But I get what you are saying. This is a dirty business , sad but it is.
Considering that the offensive line was the equivalent of a bunch of donkeys trying to win the Kentucky Derby, I can disagree with you as to why Morris is still committed with Wright still in the picture... I’m not necessarily trying to defend CWF here, but it isn’t like he just all of the sudden forgot how to coach when he came to Tennessee.

tough call for Pruitt, but might as well bring him too, can figure titles out later.

If we really want Briles then we might ought to listen to him, he must attribute a lot of his own success to this guy or he wouldn't base his move off of this....

Not getting my hopes up...this stubborn attitude with position coaches is the very reason Cut didn’t come home after Lane bolted. My goodness, how much different our story would’ve been if he could’ve just brought his dang coaches with him!

Never easy here in TN.

Pruitt has to let his OC hire his guys. We all seen what happened when Butch did not let Shoop bring his guys. There is no reason for Pruitt keeping Friend to begin with. Cant believe he still has a job today. Pruitt might want to do whats best for Tennessee and not for his Friends.
Lol seriously? No o-line coach in the country could do anymore with this group. Losing the two best to injury and having to move those guys around to fill holes created an impossible situation. And let’s admit it they aren’t the most talented group to start with.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back