Bruce Feldman on Briles

Considering that the offensive line was the equivalent of a bunch of donkeys trying to win the Kentucky Derby, I can disagree with you as to why Morris is still committed with Wright still in the picture... I’m not necessarily trying to defend CWF here, but it isn’t like he just all of the sudden forgot how to coach when he came to Tennessee.
I have said this over and over... shoop too... if u are not here long enough to get your guys for your system or be allowed to actually coach/ call plays it’s gonna end badly.

Reactions: AM64 and VolNavy01
Good God Almighty! Will everyone stop and take a long breath!

Take a look back over the past 4 years of our OL play . . . Remember QD running for his life and getting hammered? Remember JD scrambling for his life? JG getting hammered as well as our RBs? Do you remember this? Our OL has been a shambles for YEARS!!

Let's also look at who CJP was recruiting up until the very end of the early signing period and NSD? JUCO and GT OLinemen!! I freaking wonder why . . . Our best OLineman was out Spring due to a medical issue - our second best OLineman was a back up center at Alabubba GT for Christ sake and we lost both of these guys during the season. The balance of OL on the team fall into some or all of the following categories: 1. Underdeveloped 2. Overrated 3. Undersized (ALL) 4. Lack of toughness.

Hell even Sam "By God" Pittman could not have fixed this dumpster fire in 9 months!!!

Lastly, I would bet a $100 that Will Friend has coached more damn OLineman than anyone on VOLNATION!!

Flame away!!

GBO

They rushed for 20 yards against UNCC and 190 against ETSU. Barely managed 100 against Vandy.

Even against comparable or worse talent, Friend couldn't get anything out of this offensive line.

If true, I hope Briles sticks to his guns. No reason to come here if he doesn't have enough control to be successful. Shoop didn't do us any favors by coming here anyway.

I have lived in Georgia for the past 10 years as well, and I’ve not heard any of this. The only thing I hear from Georgia fans is how they think they should win the national championship every year and be entitled to all things good. That aside, I still disagree with you because Friend didn’t have anything really to work with this season, and I think it’s unfair to judge someone on their first year of work at a new school with such a low talent save one or two people. But hey, you are entitled to your own opinion, and I respect that. I just can’t help it if your opinion is wrong. 😎 ha, I kid, I kid. To each his own, my man.
Oh , I am serious what they thought about Friend was they thought he sucked and myself at that time I thought he was really good but I wasnt a Dawg fan and really keep up with them but the people I was around hated Friend. I am not saying everybody hated him but from the ones I was around wanted him gone. My opinion isnt wrong. lol

Considering that the offensive line was the equivalent of a bunch of donkeys trying to win the Kentucky Derby, I can disagree with you as to why Morris is still committed with Wright still in the picture... I’m not necessarily trying to defend CWF here, but it isn’t like he just all of the sudden forgot how to coach when he came to Tennessee.
In some cases, they were just watching the derby go by.

Oh , I am serious what they thought about Friend was they thought he sucked and myself at that time I thought he was really good but I wasnt a Dawg fan and really keep up with them but the people I was around hated Friend. I am not saying everybody hated him but from the ones I was around wanted him gone. My opinion isnt wrong. lol
Lol yes it is and that’s what makes this fun. 🤓🤪

Reactions: tnvols72
If you want a decent OC you have to be willing to allow them to hire assistants.
What are some examples of this philosophy? Seriously? Pittman and Chaney became kind of a semi-package deal starting in that last season at UT, but what successful recent example do you have?

I lived in Ga for 10 years and even the Ga fans and radio sport talk wanted Friend gone years before he left and now I understand why.

Because they're Bulldogs! And what you say makes ZERO sense. He was only there FOUR years lmao. So...basically being idiots like Vol fans with knee jerk reactions. He took them from top-80 rushing when he arrived to top-20 his last 2 years. Sacks allowed went from bottom half nationally to top 25 his last 2 years (out of 4...).

3 great years at CSU.

Improved both our YPC and sacks allowed in year 1 DESPITE losing several veteran OL, Kennedy, then Trey!

Give the guy a freakin year all you know-nothings.

Reactions: volfanbill
Wasn't a coaching problem........ Friend is 1 of the best in the business. You'll understand gthat 1 day......maybe

Not worth trying to educate these people that can't tell you ONE thing about a coach other than "man we stunk this year". They have zero knowledge. Same people that said to not hire Lindsey because "even we beat him!" Know-nothing simpletons.

I was frustrated at first bc all the mixed reporting. I’ve moved past that and am now amused and ask you to join me. This stuff is really funny if you take a step back a look at it.
These media members so called experts, I mean they get paid for this, to research write and report. Lol these guys are getting the run around and it is funny. Idk if Pruitt is behind it or if it’s just them making fools of themselves but I for one am finding some genuine humor not at the expense of these guys, but of all the back tracking that’s taking place. They are making their money with this one. They are working hard no doubt, but it has kinda been all for nothing to this point. This first one that breaks this story is gonna be a legend 😂

Reactions: AM64

VN Store

Back