Praying Before Game WILL NOT BE STOPPED AT UT (merged)

They didn't just start so in that I disagree and in fact if you could go back and spend a week in 1912 and 1962 you'd be amazed at the greater degree to which religion permeated govt and public life.

But though it is far less than it used to be any amount is wrong...

How? City council meetings that start with prayers and the example we are discussing promote the belief in a deity or a religious promotion that prayer is good.

The difference between that and a 5 minute pregame nondenominational devotional before a public high school's football game is only a matter of degree.

I see what your saying. I don't deny that it promotes I just don't believe that it is pushed.

I believe it is a representation of the local culture during a local event.

Absolutely is not. Probably closer to historical novel if anything.

I guess you were around when it was written. Maybe you were a drop of rain at that time? A fly? You can't disprove it. Just like the evolutionists (a religion by the way) can't prove evolution.

Reactions: 1 person
You guys kill me...you blindly believe every historical recount of any story, told by countless people but you wouldn't dare believe the Bible. The Bible itself is a historical document and tells of many witnesses that saw Christ after the resurrection.

Other religious traditions also have "historical documents" which recount miraculous stories about their founders. Presumably you would reject those stories outright without any outside corroboration. Why is only the founding document of your own religion exempt from the same scrutiny?

Reactions: 3 people
Other religious traditions also have "historical documents" which recount miraculous stories about their founders. Presumably you would reject those stories outright without any outside corroboration. Why is only the founding document of your own religion exempt from the same scrutiny?

It's not. In fact the Bible says to expect scrutiny. So really the Bible is only proven to be more accurate when scrutinized.

Reactions: 2 people
So much money to be lost if people quit believing. Gotta keep that machine goin' at all cost.

whenever someone has asked me where I worship or do you go to church I always love saying, "ehh...I just can't afford it right now"...almost invariably you see their minds turning, if only for a moment at least it makes them think.

I guess you were around when it was written. Maybe you were a drop of rain at that time? A fly? You can't disprove it. Just like the evolutionists (a religion by the way) can't prove evolution.

Were you around at that time? I fail to see evolution as a religion. But, it appears to be a science with evidence or facts.

The church has been wrong before.

The Church says that the Earth is flat, but I know that it is round. For I have seen the shadow of the earth on the moon and I have more faith in the Shadow than in the Church.

You guys kill me...you blindly believe every historical recount of any story, told by countless people but you wouldn't dare believe the Bible. The Bible itself is a historical document and tells of many witnesses that saw Christ after the resurrection.

Why do you you guys (atheists, agnostics) hate God so much if you don't believe in Him? I don't believe in unicorns but I can tell you that I wouldn't be on here spewing off about them and I certainly don't hate them.

I'm having a serious conversation and asking questions. What part of that seems like hate to you? I'm an inquisitive guy, by nature. I like to see why people believe the things they believe. I don't agree with you, but I certainly don't hate your deity or religion. I am indifferent to it. Does the fact that I disagree with it mean that I have to shut up and stay out of this public forum?

Perhaps the most revealing evidence is the fact that 10 of Jesus's disciples were martyred for preaching the gospel. Several were crucified. Would you go to your death by stoning or crucifixion for a lie?

By this standard, the Heaven's Gate cult members who committed suicide to join the spaceship when the comet came by were surely doing the right thing as well. Surely you're not arguing that early Christianity had a monopoly on martyrs?

paul wrote several books in the bible but at one point in his life he hated christians and wanted them killed but God spoke to him and paul changed his life. i also didnt want anything to do with church and i got the point my life hit rock bottom and i realized God was the only one to help. he still does miracles cause he did one in me

Good conversation. I'm going to bed though. I miss the good ole days (I wasn't alive so im not sure if they really existed) where people could talk to each other from different perspectives with respect in this country. I truly believe that a major issue within our country today is the inability for two adults to converse about important issues in life and dissagree or maybe even change their minds.

Evolution is not a religion, but a theory, which is subject to change should more compelling evidence come along. Religions do not work the same way.

So, what do you guys think are some pros and cons of blitzing a weakside corner when you're in 3rd and long situations?

Good conversation. I'm going to bed though. I miss the good ole days (I wasn't alive so im not sure if they really existed) where people could talk to each other from different perspectives with respect in this country. I truly believe that a major issue within our country today is the inability for two adults to converse about important issues in life and dissagree or maybe even change their minds.

I believe it is getting easier and easier for people to freely discuss their beliefs and civilly disagree with each other. 50 years ago, an athiest would be terrified to have this conversation. 100 years ago a Muslim might be brutalized for voicing such opinions in a Christian forum. The first protestants were killed for their opinions. We are progressively becoming a more sane, peaceful, and respectful species.

It's not. In fact the Bible says to expect scrutiny. So really the Bible is only proven to be more accurate when scrutinized.

guess god wasn't too good at math since he misjudged pi...not by much, but he is god, after all..1 Kings 7:23.

"Then he made the molten sea; it was round, ten cubits from brim to brim, and five cubits high. A line of thirty cubits would encircle it completely."

A circle w diameter of 10 would have a circumference of 10x3.14 or about 31.4 cubits meaning a line of 30 cubits could NOT encircle it completely...one of a gazillion dumb things in bible, like the sky was held up by pillars

Can you point to any statements in the bible that would indicate they did not come from bronze age shepherds?

By this standard, the Heaven's Gate cult members who committed suicide to join the spaceship when the comet came by were surely doing the right thing as well. Surely you're not arguing that early Christianity had a monopoly on martyrs?

So your saying that the disciples believed that if they were crucified for a lie they would join the spaceship or go to Heaven?

So, what do you guys think are some pros and cons of blitzing a weakside corner when you're in 3rd and long situations?

If you disguise it properly and don't show it too often it should be a nice change of pace. Just make sure you've got a linebacker who can cheat into the flat if need be and you'll need safety help over the top for sure.

'In God we trust' wasn't adopted until the 1950s either, so...

There's that. This country was not as religious as people want to make it out to be.

You know about the boat the Mayflower???? You need to look up Mayflower contract. 1st people to come over had little bit of it.
so There's that I guess!!

There are churches on every corner ..that are private institutions , and thats pretty much all they do is pray. They even have folkes that can teach you how to pray at home better than you ever dreamed possible.

Not sure why it has to be a mass public affair or affiliated with the government . Religion was always a private thing to me...

VN Store

Back