Praying Before Game WILL NOT BE STOPPED AT UT (merged)

Yeah Rx I like this from that god of love..."save the virgins so that you can rape the **** out of em!"...real problem is that no one reads the bible

Numbers 31

31:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
31:2 Avenge the children of Israel of the Midianites: afterward shalt thou be gathered unto thy people.
31:3 And Moses spake unto the people, saying, Arm some of yourselves unto the war, and let them go against the Midianites, and avenge the LORD of Midian.
31:4 Of every tribe a thousand, throughout all the tribes of Israel, shall ye send to the war.
31:5 So there were delivered out of the thousands of Israel, a thousand of every tribe, twelve thousand armed for war.
31:6 And Moses sent them to the war, a thousand of every tribe, them and Phinehas the son of Eleazar the priest, to the war, with the holy instruments, and the trumpets to blow in his hand.
31:7 And they warred against the Midianites, as the LORD commanded Moses; and they slew all the males.
31:8 And they slew the kings of Midian, beside the rest of them that were slain; namely, Evi, and Rekem, and Zur, and Hur, and Reba, five kings of Midian: Balaam also the son of Beor they slew with the sword.
31:9 And the children of Israel took all the women of Midian captives, and their little ones, and took the spoil of all their cattle, and all their flocks, and all their goods.
31:10 And they burnt all their cities wherein they dwelt, and all their goodly castles, with fire.
31:11 And they took all the spoil, and all the prey, both of men and of beasts.
31:12 And they brought the captives, and the prey, and the spoil, unto Moses, and Eleazar the priest, and unto the congregation of the children of Israel, unto the camp at the plains of Moab, which are by Jordan near Jericho.
31:13 And Moses, and Eleazar the priest, and all the princes of the congregation, went forth to meet them without the camp.
31:14 And Moses was wroth with the officers of the host, with the captains over thousands, and captains over hundreds, which came from the battle. (31:14) "Moses was wroth with the officers"

31:15 And Moses said unto them, Have ye saved all the women alive?
31:16 Behold, these caused the children of Israel, through the counsel of Balaam, to commit trespass against the LORD in the matter of Peor, and there was a plague among the congregation of the LORD.
31:17 Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him.
31:18 But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
2 Timothy 4:3 for the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; Fact

and they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables FACTS

this proves alot of what u guys say bible said this would happen

more to come

Last edited:
I equate the whole "this country has always been Christian, and that's the way it should stay; anything otherwise is an injustice to our rights, history, and culture" argument with someone making an argument that only white, landowning men should have the right to vote in our country today, since they were the ones who primarily drafted the Constitution.

P.S. Look up Jefferson's thoughts on Christianity and religion in general sometime. If you dare.

Bingo...look how many arguments were made in this thread for "the majority wants it", "this is the way it's been", "why don't you pack up and leave if you don't like it?", "this is our culture"...

But not a single response when pointed out every single argument was made for southern apartheid in america.

Allah is arabic for "the God" and refers to the God of the Torah, The New Testament, and the Qu'ran, all being the same deity. Muslims in the same God that you do, they just believe he created more prophets than do you.

That being said, I think its just as likely we're all worm food when we die, but I hope you find happiness in your religious beliefs.

I won't argue with your first point that the word Allah is used interchangeably with the word God in many cultures but the God of the Christian faith is very different than the one of the Muslim religion.

This is not the place nor is there enough time to point out the many differences but it is a common misconception. One that can be easily realized when talking to a devout Christian about his God and a devout Muslim about his. There's always the Quran and the Bible. It is very evident when reading the two.

I equate the whole "this country has always been Christian, and that's the way it should stay; anything otherwise is an injustice to our rights, history, and culture" argument with someone making an argument that only white, landowning men should have the right to vote in our country today, since they were the ones who primarily drafted the Constitution.

P.S. Look up Jefferson's thoughts on Christianity and religion in general sometime. If you dare.

Religion and religious rituals belong in churches and private homes, not public places. There are many atheists in America--who have logic on their side, friends--and who don't necessarily like all this god stuff that so comforts so many people. Like it or not, we also have a much more diverse country. This wasn't an issue for a long time--until xtian groups started pushing their views on everybody.

Reactions: 4 people
I won't argue with your first point that the word Allah is used interchangeably with the word God in many cultures but the God of the Christian faith is very different than the one of the Muslim religion.

This is not the place nor is there enough time to point out the many differences but it is a common misconception. One that can be easily realized when talking to a devout Christian about his God and a devout Muslim about his. There's always the Quran and the Bible. It is very evident when reading the two.

Well, I was raised Christian (Catholic), and do not know much about Islam. Therefore, I will concede that I may be misinformed and might not have all the answers. That is more than I can say for many people posting in this thread.

how does the story of Blount College's founding matter? Or let me phrase it another way...get in the way of what?

Is anyone disputing this point and why does it matter?

The statement was that the University was not founded by Christians. This fact seems to contradict that statement.

Well, I was raised Christian (Catholic), and do not know much about Islam. Therefore, I will concede that I may be misinformed and might not have all the answers. That is more than I can say for many people posting in this thread.

That we can both agree on. :)

How do the Dead Sea Scrolls prove the existence of God?

Would be a really long post. In short the the atheist view before Dead Sea Scrolls was that the old test was written after the new test which is why the old test prophecies were spot on. Dead Sea Scrolls were discovered in 1940-50 and dated to be written well before new test events. If interested, study Daniel 9:24-27, God tells the exact day Christ will come in the New Test and He did. Just one example.

The statement was that the University was not founded by Christians. This fact seems to contradict that statement.

Ok...I trust you but I thought they were talking about the country. Ehh...I could be wrong.

Not sure its original private existence really relevant though.

Could Lipscomb do it? Maybe.

Could the NFL do it? Certainly

Could a public/gov't institution do it? No way.

Religion and religious rituals belong in churches and private homes, not public places. There are many atheists in America--who have logic on their side, friends--and who don't necessarily like all this god stuff that so comforts so many people. Like it or not, we also have a much more diverse country. This wasn't an issue for a long time--until xtian groups started pushing their views on everybody.

In what way are "xtian groups" pushing their view on everybody. I grew up in Knoxville Tennessee and currently live in Nashville Tennessee. I have never had anyone "push" their view on me. In fact i'm not even sure how one "pushes a view" on to another person.

Would be a really long post. In short the the atheist view before Dead Sea Scrolls was that the old test was written after the new test which is why the old test prophecies were spot on. Dead Sea Scrolls were discovered in 1940-50 and dated to be written well before new test events. If interested, study Daniel 9:24-27, God tells the exact day Christ will come in the New Test and He did. Just one example.

Have we officially settled when Christ was born? I thought that we set it around that time simply because of the Winter Solstice (in a Roman attempt to make the newly adopted Christianity more palatable to conquered "Barbarians"). Furthermore, is it possible that the happenings composing Christ's life were molded to fit some of the Old Testament scripture? I suggest anyone interested look up the mythology surrounding the ancient Egyptian god Osiris sometime. It might sound kind of familiar.

matthew 24:5 reads For many shall come in my name, saying I am christ; and shall deceive many. 6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumors of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. 7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines and pestilences, and earthquakes in divers places 8 all these things are the beginning of sorrows 9 then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted and shall kill you: AND YE SHALL BE HATED OF ALL NATIONS FOR MY NAMES SAKE 9 AND THEN SHALL MANY BE OFFENDED, AND SHALL BETRAY ONE ANOTHER, AND SHALL HATE ONE ANOTHER more facts see why people fight harder against christians and want it all gone because it always proves itself to be true people hate Gods children and they all get offended.. glad the bible warned us

wow...how odd that the people writing the new testament 50-150 yrs after the events they describe would make it all match up as they tried to promote their religion...real stunner there.

You got any independent sources from people with no interest?

How do you know that anything from the New Testament even happened and that someone didn't just make it all up? There are no written records of Christ's existence, except the Bible. Even if there were, it would only show that he was born and died. His supposed claims and miracles are only recorded in the scriptures. Many scholars believe those texts were written several hundred years after Christ supposedly lived. What prevents the writers from simply having fabricated the story? It would be easy to correctly prophesize(sp?) "future" events in the bible if the whole thing is fiction and that wouldn't prove anything, except that the writers of the Bible knew how to accomplish the literary device known as foreshadowing.

Have we officially settled when Christ was born? I thought that we set it around that time simply because of the Winter Solstice (in a Roman attempt to make the newly adopted Christianity more palatable to conquered "Barbarians"). Furthermore, is it possible that the happenings composing Christ's life were molded to fit some of the Old Testament scripture? I suggest anyone interested look up the mythology surrounding the ancient Egyptian god Osiris sometime. It might sound kind of familiar.

It's not when Christ was born but when He entered Jerusalem before the cross. That event is recorded in other historical documents other than the Bible.

Ok...I trust you but I thought they were talking about the country. Ehh...I could be wrong.

Not sure its original private existence really relevant though.

Could Lipscomb do it? Maybe.

Could the NFL do it? Certainly

Could a public/gov't institution do it? No way.

I don't think it's relevant either in the confines of this conversation and how it's been framed. I actually believe the meaning of "Freedom of Religion" as it's placed in the Constitution, is entirely different than what we argue today. Although I understand why it's framed that way as the courts have ruled in favor of "Freedom from Religion" in the last 100 years. I blame it on the courts and this idea that there is an "all encompassing" line that separates all things church and all things state.

im not pushing on anyone God gave everyone the right to their own belief thats why i dont like it when people say well if God is all love then he wont send me to hell... he is a God of love but also a God of wrath he dont send u to hell u send urself by the choices u make

In what way are "xtian groups" pushing their view on everybody. I grew up in Knoxville Tennessee and currently live in Nashville Tennessee. I have never had anyone "push" their view on me. In fact i'm not even sure how one "pushes a view" on to another person.

They didn't just start so in that I disagree and in fact if you could go back and spend a week in 1912 and 1962 you'd be amazed at the greater degree to which religion permeated govt and public life.

But though it is far less than it used to be any amount is wrong...

How? City council meetings that start with prayers and the example we are discussing promote the belief in a deity or a religious promotion that prayer is good.

The difference between that and a 5 minute pregame nondenominational devotional before a public high school's football game is only a matter of degree.

It's not when Christ was born but when He entered Jerusalem before the cross. That event is recorded in other historical documents other than the Bible.

Provide sources and citations, and I'm happy to look at your evidence. Otherwise, its sounds fishy.

VN Store

Back