Praying Before Game WILL NOT BE STOPPED AT UT (merged)

So people who don't agree with the prayer don't have testicles? That's a nice way to look at society. So, anybody who has a different opinion from you get's shut out? That's gonna ensure that we progress with the rest of America.

I happen to love to the south, love it here at the University of Tennessee, and love the Vols. That's why I hate when people refuse to respect the opinions and beliefs of others. It paints our University in a negative light, and gives people reason around the country reconsider going here because of an atmosphere of bigotry. You can say, "I don't care, if they don't like it then they can geeet ouuuut," which just makes you look like a stereotype of this guy.

If you don't like America you can get out - YouTube

This isn't the type of image that I want associated with our university, because believe it or not, UT has a very diverse student body composed of people from all sorts of races, ethnicities, religions, and beliefs.

Sure, say I don't have balls. Whatever. Personally, I think it takes a pretty big pair to stand up for what I believe in when everybody else doesn't want to hear it.

Yeah I meant it when I said you didn't have a pair....it's not about the prayer to me....everyone in this country has different feelings and beliefs....it's about being respectful toward others even if it conflicts with your beliefs.....I have been around several things in life that don't fit my core belief system and I am always respectful towards others.

I don't think you or anyone else should get out.....my comments were directly stated toward the poster that was criticizing the south.

You call it progress but I don't....I'm ashamed in the direction America seems to be headed.....this prayer debate is just a small example of the problems in America....just look at a father daughter dance being cancelled bc it offended a single mom.....people have gone crazy.

Atmosphere of bigotry.......good grief what a stretch you are making with that claim.

Yeah I meant it when I said you didn't have a pair....it's not about the prayer to me....everyone in this country has different feelings and beliefs....it's about being respectful toward others even if it conflicts with your beliefs.....I have been around several things in life that don't fit my core belief system and I am always respectful towards others.

I don't think you or anyone else should get out.....my comments were directly stated toward the poster that was criticizing the south.

You call it progress but I don't....I'm ashamed in the direction America seems to be headed.....this prayer debate is just a small example of the problems in America....just look at a father daughter dance being cancelled bc it offended a single mom.....people have gone crazy.

Atmosphere of bigotry.......good grief what a stretch you are making with that claim.

Then I don't understand why you have an issue. Are you just too resistant to the changing it? Here's a fact of life: society is going to keep progressing no matter what. As you get older, it's going to change even more. It might look crappy to you, but it's actually a good thing. My grandpa thought society was going to hell when black people had the right to vote, and he believed that until the day he died. Hell, there are still people in the south who don't want them to.

I'm sure when I get older I'm going to be resistant to how society progresses, but I guess that's just the way the world goes.

So, if it helps you sleep at night, keep thinking that I want to stand up for what I believe in because I have small gonads. Personally, I think it's a little weird that you're constantly thinking about my balls, but whatever.

:peace2:

Reactions: 1 person
Hell, there are still people in the south who don't want them to.

And there are people in the north, east, and west who are racist. Even black folk, Hispanics, Asians, and a plethora of other races are racist. Hate and evil isn't limited to a region. It's limited to those who reject love & misunderstand that we're all the same.

As someone who is very serious about being a Christian & about knowing the One who created me I'd like to say that I understand the dilemma in this country. The question, "what if a Muslim prayer was being said?," is often asked. And it has merit.

But let me ask.

If you, as an atheist, a Christian, a Hindu, a Buddhist, an agnostic, or a "nothing" were to go to a soccer game in Kuwait & they had a Muslim prayer before the game how would that affect you?

As a Christian I'd just stand there. I certainly wouldn't pray to Allah. But neither would I try and get a law passed in Kuwait to keep them from praying to Allah.

I'd just tell 'em about Jesus.

You can't see the flaw in this logic? We aren't talking about Americans in Kuwait. We aren't talking about outsiders or foreigners at all. We are talking about American citizens with beliefs that differ from yours being led in a prayer to a god that they don't believe in. This is not a homogeneous country. That is one of the "prices" you pay when you live in a free and tolerant nation.

People from many backgrounds want to be here. Sometimes the majority needs to be a little bit tolerant toward the beliefs of others. Or we could become an old, outdated, stagnant culture that gets surpassed by many others over the coming centuries. No one is asking that you not pray at the game. They are asking to not be led in prayer to your god in a public place at a public university that they fund every bit as much as you. It is not unreasonable. No one is banning prayer or even talking about banning it. A moment of silence is not a prayer ban.

I honestly don't know how praying bothers anyone, but I guess it is a moral issue.... That or it is just a bunch of azzholes with an axe to grind on something they are not tolerable of.

Reactions: 2 people
Then I don't understand why you have an issue. Are you just too resistant to the changing it? Here's a fact of life: society is going to keep progressing no matter what. As you get older, it's going to change even more. It might look crappy to you, but it's actually a good thing. My grandpa thought society was going to hell when black people had the right to vote, and he believed that until the day he died. Hell, there are still people in the south who don't want them to.

I'm sure when I get older I'm going to be resistant to how society progresses, but I guess that's just the way the world goes.

So, if it helps you sleep at night, keep thinking that I want to stand up for what I believe in because I have small gonads. Personally, I think it's a little weird that you're constantly thinking about my balls, but whatever.

:peace2:

Progress, you honestly call what is going on in the world progress? Charles Manson didnt believe in God, so I think all Atheists are just like Charles Manson.....Ok maybe that is a stretch but no more ridiculous than to compare an invocation before a ball game to racism during the 50's...

The reason I think it is a big deal is bc pretty soon we wont be to do anything in this world bc there will be nothing we can do that wont offend somebody...I tend to not be offended by anything as long as it doesnt hurt me or someone close to me ino some way.....people need to stop being so sensitive and fragile.

And if I was thinking about your balls in the way you claim, there would be a bunch of groups ready to defend my right to do so and maybe even hold a protest or two LOL

Progress, you honestly call what is going on in the world progress? Charles Manson didnt believe in God, so I think all Atheists are just like Charles Manson.....Ok maybe that is a stretch but no more ridiculous than to compare an invocation before a ball game to racism during the 50's...

The reason I think it is a big deal is bc pretty soon we wont be to do anything in this world bc there will be nothing we can do that wont offend somebody...I tend to not be offended by anything as long as it doesnt hurt me or someone close to me ino some way.....people need to stop being so sensitive and fragile.

And if I was thinking about your balls in the way you claim, there would be a bunch of groups ready to defend my right to do so and maybe even hold a protest or two LOL

That's attacking the straw man if I've ever heard it. Obviously prayer at a game is not nearly as big of a deal. I'm just giving a well known example of social progress.

Also, I get the point you're trying to make, but Manson is not an athiest. He believed he was a prophet of God, or something goofy like that.

That's attacking the straw man if I've ever heard it. Obviously prayer at a game is not nearly as big of a deal. I'm just giving a well known example of social progress.

Also, I get the point you're trying to make, but Manson is not an athiest. He believed he was a prophet of God, or something goofy like that.

Well I dont consider attacking everything in life as social progress....cant pray before a game, cant have father--daughter dances,cant discipline our kids, no christmas, no halloween, no competition, no freedom of speech---chic fil a as an example----some cities are trying to keep them from building there, and the list goes on and on.

This is not the kind of progress I want to be a part of.

The prayer is part of the tradition.

Of behalf of the Racoon Union, we object to that hat that Davy Crockett is wearing on the Vols sidelines. Sure, he has been doing it for fifty freaking years. But the racoons just recently formed a union and therefore they now have a united voice and a lawyer with an inkpen.

Save the 'coons!

_MG_2239.512.JPG

The prayer is part of the tradition.

Of behalf of the Racoon Union, we object to that hat that Davy Crockett is wearing on the Vols sidelines. Sure, he has been doing it for fifty freaking years. But the racoons just recently formed a union and therefore they now have a united voice and a lawyer with an inkpen.

Save the 'coons!

_MG_2239.512.JPG

Racist

VN Store

Back