Praying Before Game WILL NOT BE STOPPED AT UT (merged)

With our kicking situation and all the 3rd and longs you could never take prayer out of Neyland Stadium.

Reactions: 35 people
i think that is ridiculous. of course cheeks dumb butt will probably remove it. that is the way the government and country operates things now. gotta bow down to the ones that are the minority.

Reactions: 18 people
They Took God out of schools, the work place and everyday life and now they want to take it out of football? And they wonder why we are so messed up.

Reactions: 54 people
Not Everyone is religious. I don't see why it's a big deal. I'm not religious but the prayer doesn't bother me so I don't why it should bother everyone else who is religious if they had a moment of silence instead. Pray then.

Reactions: 34 people
They Took God out of schools, the work place and everyday life and now they want to take it out of football? And they wonder why we are so messed up.

Not everyone believes in god and having it forced in schools to be taught to everyone would cause nothing but trouble.

Reactions: 24 people

I don't know who you mean by they, but I remember that the McCarthyites injected god into the Pledge of Allegiance back in the fifties if that'll make you feel better.

Last edited:
it used to be the majority ruled in this country now it's the minority and spineless politicians and groups like the one trying to remove it.

Reactions: 28 people
If you read the article, it says that the 6th federal circuit made a ruling in 1997 banning this sort of activity. The 6th circuit, sadly, is Tennessee's circuit, and that means that this ruling is controlling. Fighting this in court will be a waste of money, regardless of how wrong you think it is.

I don't mind observing a moment of silence, in lieu of someone else telling me how to pray. I know this will be an unpopular opinion, but consider it in reverse. What if a Muslim was praying to Allah on the field, I bet the Christians who feel this sort of thing is ridiculous would have a total different opinion then.

Again I say that I have no problem with the prayer in general, but every time I have been to a UT game I have wondered how long it would go on before it was legally challenged.

So many people pretend that they would turn their back on the University for changing a denominational prayer to a moment of silence (so you can pray in your own way), but I don't see anything wrong with it. They aren't removing God from anywhere, he answer's prayers, you don't have to have someone else pray for you to talk to him (unless you are Catholic, but these weren't Catholic priests praying at UT).

Just my two cents.

Reactions: 28 people
i think that is ridiculous. of course cheeks dumb butt will probably remove it. that is the way the government and country operates things now. gotta bow down to the ones that are the minority.

I think this is ridiculous also BUT it has its purpose.
The purpose is to keep order. I mean, most of us are in support of prayer before the game but what if a different religion said that they were excluded from praying at the game. then a law suit would be brought forth and then you would either have no prayer before games or you would have three or four different prayers before games. A Christian prayer, A Muslim prayer, A Buddist prayer, etc. etc.
See, if Christians can pray at public events, then the Muslims & Buddist will exercise their religious rights too.

Reactions: 2 people
It is because of hat idiotic group out of Wisconsin that is threatening school wil law suits if they don't stop the public prayers. They just got UTC a week or two ago and UTC folded for them.

Reactions: 2 people
If you read the article, it says that the 6th federal circuit made a ruling in 1997 banning this sort of activity. The 6th circuit, sadly, is Tennessee's circuit, and that means that this ruling is controlling. Fighting this in court will be a waste of money, regardless of how wrong you think it is.

I don't mind observing a moment of silence, in lieu of someone else telling me how to pray. I know this will be an unpopular opinion, but consider it in reverse. What if a Muslim was praying to Allah on the field, I bet the Christians who feel this sort of thing is ridiculous would have a total different opinion then.

Again I say that I have no problem with the prayer in general, but every time I have been to a UT game I have wondered how long it would go on before it was legally challenged.

So many people pretend that they would turn their back on the University for changing a denominational prayer to a moment of silence (so you can pray in your own way), but I don't see anything wrong with it. They aren't removing God from anywhere, he answer's prayers, you don't have to have someone else pray for you to talk to him (unless you are Catholic, but these weren't Catholic priests praying at UT).

Just my two cents.

Wow! Bravo!!! Someone else other than me gets it......

Reactions: 1 person
As long as you aren't forcing anyone to sit there during the prayer there is nothing wrong with it. Last time I checked the green shirts weren't patrolling to make sure everyone was praying. Lets work on removing Bon Jovi's "living on a prayer" first. Only sorostitutes sing along and quite frankly I think it is embarrassing as hell when we play it while we are losing.

I proudly cling to my God,family and guns.I am a southerner this is how,as an American was raised,this systematical dismantling of our rights and freedoms will continue to erode from us until we dig in our heels and say enough!

As long as you aren't forcing anyone to sit there during the prayer there is nothing wrong with it. Last time I checked the green shirts weren't patrolling to make sure everyone was praying. Lets work on removing Bon Jovi's "living on a prayer" first. Only sorostitutes sing along and quite frankly I think it is embarrassing as hell when we play it while we are losing.
If there was Muslim prayer, or any other prayer going on, or if atheists had some ritual they did, and they just said don't take part in it, you know just as well as I do that most people of different beliefs would still cry about it.

Reactions: 4 people
I think everyone one vol nation should send cheek a letter telling him to keep prayer a the footbal game and all UT sporting events this is still America is it not if they don't want to pray then don't but don't tell every one else they can't because it offends them separation of church and state was not intended to be used like it is IT is so the government can not tell you what to worship not for weak mind individuals to tell fellow Americans what they can worship or pray for so as far as I Am concerned freedom from religion foundation can go fly a kite

Reactions: 8 people
I think everyone one vol nation should send cheek a letter telling him to keep prayer a the footbal game and all UT sporting events this is still America is it not if they don't want to pray then don't but don't tell every one else they can't because it offends them separation of church and state was not intended to be used like it is IT is so the government can not tell you what to worship not for weak mind individuals to tell fellow Americans what they can worship or pray for so as far as I Am concerned freedom from religion foundation can go fly a kite
...or freedom from punctuation.

Reactions: 19 people
If you don't pray or have a religious belief, then don't listen or participate in the prayer. Simple as that. Many of us do pray.

Our country is doomed with the masses bowing down to everyone who is offended by prayer and morals and such.

Reactions: 10 people

VN Store

Back