Praying Before Game WILL NOT BE STOPPED AT UT (merged)

Before you start ridiculing the beliefs of others, consider that many men and women that you admire and are indebted to as a member of this free nation believed in this so-called "fairy-tale." Are there some stupid Christians? Yeah. Are there some stupid atheists? Yeah. But when you imply that all Christians are delusional morons, (including such people as Martin Luther King Jr., Abraham Lincoln and many men and women in uniform today), all you do is make yourself look like a prejudiced imbecile.

Before you start ridiculing the beliefs of others, consider that many men and women that you admire and are indebted to as a member of this free nation believed in this so-called "fairy-tale." Are there some stupid Christians? Yeah. Are there some stupid atheists? Yeah. But when you imply that all Christians are delusional morons, (including such people as Martin Luther King Jr., Abraham Lincoln and many men and women in uniform today), all you do is make yourself look like a prejudiced imbecile.

If you are indeed a pastor not exactly an unbiased observer though. The Upton Sinclair quote comes to mind...

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his job depends on not understanding it."

I'll just ask you, and you certainly don't have to engage me in a discussion, but do you believe the bible to be the inerrant story of how we got here? How old do you think the earth is?

Reactions: 3 people
sorry so late to reply but my earlier posts were not judgemental. just because u believe there is a god dont make u saved. the bible says even the devil knows there is a God. u guys can laugh poke fun try to shake me all u want but i wont be moved... i will pray for u and goin to church dont mean u r saved... every knee shall boy and every tongue will confess... just hope it aint too late

Spoken by a truly loving individual. I think any reasonably intelligent human being can read the responses on here and determine who the "hateful" people actually are.

Exactly what I was thinking. I always find it funny that at any given moment most of us think we have it all figured out. As if our thoughts and beliefs will never change and what we believe now and who we are right now will never change. That sounds like anything else but wisdom.

Its also interesting to look back on what mankind thought was fact at a given time and how its been proven wrong over and over while other theories replace the old ones. Funny.

bottom line is there are alot of religions and alot of gods ( money, drugs, alcohol, etc...) and religion will send alot to hell but there is only one true living GOD and he will stand when the worlds on fire. mark it in ur books

Reactions: 1 person
bottom line is there are alot of religions and alot of gods ( money, drugs, alcohol, etc...) and religion will send alot to hell but there is only one true living GOD and he will stand when the worlds on fire. mark it in ur books

well, that just, like, your opinion, man.

The only thing that has anything to do with prayer, that I want taken out of Neyland, is the band when they play Bon Jovi again.

If you read the article, it says that the 6th federal circuit made a ruling in 1997 banning this sort of activity. The 6th circuit, sadly, is Tennessee's circuit, and that means that this ruling is controlling. Fighting this in court will be a waste of money, regardless of how wrong you think it is.

I don't mind observing a moment of silence, in lieu of someone else telling me how to pray. I know this will be an unpopular opinion, but consider it in reverse. What if a Muslim was praying to Allah on the field, I bet the Christians who feel this sort of thing is ridiculous would have a total different opinion then.

Again I say that I have no problem with the prayer in general, but every time I have been to a UT game I have wondered how long it would go on before it was legally challenged.

So many people pretend that they would turn their back on the University for changing a denominational prayer to a moment of silence (so you can pray in your own way), but I don't see anything wrong with it. They aren't removing God from anywhere, he answer's prayers, you don't have to have someone else pray for you to talk to him (unless you are Catholic, but these weren't Catholic priests praying at UT).

Just my two cents.

If this has been going on throughout the Dooley era, it's also hard to argue that it's been effective.

Reactions: 1 person
not opinion its facts

you seem to not understand the meaning of the word 'fact', so here's a helping hand:

A fact (derived from the Latin factum, see below) is something that has really occurred or is actually the case. The usual test for a statement of fact is verifiability, that is whether it can be shown to correspond to experience via proof.

VN Store

Back