Praying Before Game WILL NOT BE STOPPED AT UT (merged)

Atheists like yourself are the one's that are close minded.

I can't remember the last time I saw a news blurb of a Christian crying because an Athiest was, well, just....sitting there? What is it you clowns do again?

Oh, yeah. You judge other people from a distance (loudly at that) and assume you're on some sort of higher intellectual playing field than those pesky "believers"...

You don't believe in anything. Why would you be offended?

Ridiculous.

Today's Athiest is the equivalent of a Jahova's Witness on my front door step preaching the word of God. Of course, there's on major difference. You've become what you hate.

GTFO.

This is just so full of tolerance and xtian love.:good!:

I can't remember the last time I saw a news blurb of a Christian crying because an Athiest was, well, just....sitting there? What is it you clowns do again?

Oh, yeah. You judge other people from a distance (loudly at that) and assume you're on some sort of higher intellectual playing field than those pesky "believers"...

Ridiculous.

Today's Athiest is the equivalent of a Jahova's Witness on my front door step preaching the word of God. Of course, there's on major difference. You've become what you hate.

GTFO.

Oh the irony.

Ridiculous.

GTFO.

Calling us clowns. Thanks for proving my point. Believe it or not several people judge us for being atheist and you are doing just that right now. Not all but I've ran into several Christians who judge me simply bc I'm atheist. THAT'S CLOSE MINDED. And the ones who think it should be forced in schools are CLOSE MINDED. Thank you sir

Reactions: 5 people
Did anyone else see the second half of this game ?

This bunch needs everyone to send a prayer in for them.....

no matter witch god you mail it to !

The point is that it's 2 different religions a d you people are close minded. Btw this country wasnt founded by Christians.

It may not have been, but I know where it's headed if things keep going the way they are now.

You people huh? Look, I believe, but I don't grace the doors of a church every Sunday. It's just hard to see outsiders come in and try to take away something you have been around for many years. People have been praying around here long before you and I my friend; and before these so-called outsiders.

I guess this is what happens when we keep losing, huh? :)

Calling us clowns. Thanks for proving my point. Believe it or not several people judge us for being atheist and you are doing just that right now. Not all but I've ran into several Christians who judge me simply bc I'm atheist. THAT'S CLOSE MINDED. And the ones who think it should be forced in schools are CLOSE MINDED. Thank you sir

Yeah...pretty typical...no judgement but only slightly more christians would vote for an atheist vs a pedophile...

Atheists do not believe in anything equally stupid.

Not to mention the level of open mindedness that it takes to be an atheist in a christian dominated society, especially when you grow up being brainwashed from birth as I was in christianity.

Reactions: 3 people
Yeah...pretty typical...no judgement but only slightly more christians would vote for an atheist vs a pedophile...

Not to mention the level of open mindedness that it takes to be an atheist in a christian dominated society, especially when you grow up being brainwashed from birth as I was in christianity.

They have to get that 8 year indoctrination quick.

Believing in a higher power and saying this country is a Christian nation, republic, or what have you are two entirely different points.

I'm not sure what "In God we trust" who be. Christian seems to mean religion to most. I'm just saying this country's forefathers believe in a God. Was that God Christian I have no idea. Was there God my God, again not sure. But because I believe and you don't doesn't give me or you the right to stop the other just because it makes one of us a little uncomfortable!!!

Show it to me.....it always makes me laugh when they try to show that.

Look up the evolution of finches. Or you can look up Italian wall lizards and how they adapted to a new island and environment, and over millions of years they now ironically rely on vegetation to eat. And they bite with more force now which is ideal to eating leaves and stuff. Several examples if you look around with a open mind

Show it to me.....it always makes me laugh when they try to show that.

Good grief...this is truly sad...are you even aware that there were lots of other human species on earth both before and at the same time as our species? That there are countless fossilized transitional species that show evolution in motion? That we share 98% of our dna with bonobos?

What of those dinosaur bones? Did your magic god put em there to test your faith?

Most atheists were brainwashed at a young age. I was too. I was told I'd burn in hell for this and that then my dad gave me a opportunity to look at a different perspective since he's atheist also.

They have to get that 8 year indoctrination quick.

Francis Xavier: "Give me a child until he is seven and I will give you the man"

try to tell the biblical story of the world story to an adult who has never heard it before and I think it would be as difficult to believe as the first time you heard what scientologists or mormons believe.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm not sure what "In God we trust" who be. Christian seems to mean religion to most. I'm just saying this country's forefathers believe in a God. Was that God Christian I have no idea. Was there God my God, again not sure. But because I believe and you don't doesn't give me or you the right to stop the other just because it makes one of us a little uncomfortable!!!

I wasn't implying the Founding Fathers were atheists, I agree most believed in some form of a higher power. I'm also not trying to deny you, your right to pray or believe. If that was what you took then I'm sorry. If that were to ever happen I'd be out in the streets protesting right along side you. I said earlier that religion and matters of morality ought to remain within the church building.

Reactions: 1 person
It may not have been, but I know where it's headed if things keep going the way they are now.

You people huh? Look, I believe, but I don't grace the doors of a church every Sunday. It's just hard to see outsiders come in and try to take away something you have been around for many years. People have been praying around here long before you and I my friend; and before these so-called outsiders.

I guess this is what happens when we keep losing, huh? :)

Where, exactly, is it going now?

Francis Xavier: "Give me a child until he is seven and I will give you the man"

try to tell the biblical story of the world story to an adult who has never heard it before and I think it would be as difficult to believe as the first time you heard what scientologists or mormons believe.

Yep, I was thinking of that. Missed it by a year. Damn.

I believe in creationism. I created my kids therefore I am God! I grew up in the southern churches and I know from experience that christians are some of the most hateful people on the planet and none of them do what their beloved bible tells them to do. They just pick out what they like and say.. you do this or you go to hell! thats the way it is and always will be.

Spoken by a truly loving individual. I think any reasonably intelligent human being can read the responses on here and determine who the "hateful" people actually are.

Most atheists were brainwashed at a young age. I was too. I was told I'd burn in hell for this and that then my dad gave me a opportunity to look at a different perspective since he's atheist also.

It's something that is slowly changing, really...there are stages...eventually we will be where much of western europe and asia is now. The light of day helps. I finally made the last leap from agnosticism/christian light post internet where it was much easier to be exposed to discussions and information.

Once you're outside the bubble of that community a lot of it seems crazy. But when you're in it, everyone believes the same thing and your views are never challenged...a lot different.

You can do/believe whatever you want...just can't promote religion/belief in a deity at a public/govt institution. Simple as that. You wanna pray? Close your eyes(or not) and give it a go...

'In God we trust' wasn't adopted until the 1950s either, so...

There's that. This country was not as religious as people want to make it out to be.

VN Store

Back