Praying Before Game WILL NOT BE STOPPED AT UT (merged)

Depends on which religious god you are praying to. But once you have the religion you want you have to break it down further within that religion to get the god you need. Or just pick a different god each day so you cover all your bases cause it would suck if you picked the wrong god.

You obviously think you are your own god. The real GOD of the Bible won't be mocked. He doesn't need people to defend Him like the crazy folk do their god Allah. God will judge all one day and I honestly feel sorry for you guys. I do not say this to be judgemental and hope you all convert from worshipping yourselfs or whatever god you are following. Know this, you are following some god even if you think you aren't.

Reactions: 2 people
Provide sources and citations, and I'm happy to look at your evidence. Otherwise, its sounds fishy.

I would be glad to. Did a study on it recently. If you get the "Grace to you" app, MacArthur has a sermon on it that would probably be more helpful. Daniel 9:24-27. And look, this is just one example. There are tons of old test prophecies that come to be in the new test.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't think it's relevant either in the confines of this conversation and how it's been framed. I actually believe the meaning of "Freedom of Religion" as it's placed in the Constitution, is entirely different than what we argue today. Although I understand why it's framed that way as the courts have ruled in favor of "Freedom from Religion" in the last 100 years. I blame it on the courts and this idea that there is an "all encompassing" line that separates all things church and all things state.

Yup...I think that's definitely an arguable point if you read the text.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof

What happened to the "Like" button? It just disappeared for me a few minutes ago.

Provide sources and citations, and I'm happy to look at your evidence. Otherwise, its sounds fishy.

The lack of corroborating evidence from historians of the time re jesus is amazing...so yeah, let's see it.

Trust me...you ain't gonna see any unbiased corroboration of this...

I would be glad to. Did a study on it recently. If you get the "Grace to you" app, MacArthur has a sermon on it that would probably be more helpful. Daniel 9:24-27. And look, this is just one example. There are tons of old test prophecies that come to be in the new test.

No, I'm talking about actual records showing Jesus Christ being born, dying, etc. Not sermons and scripture. Actual citations to verifiable factual evidence.

Yup...I think that's definitely an arguable point if you read the text.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof

But, from Nov., 2011.....On Tuesday, the U.S. House of Representatives passed a non-binding resolution reaffirming “In God We Trust” as the national motto.

I fear it's a lot of politicians trying to firm up their re-election.

You obviously think you are your own god. The real GOD of the Bible won't be mocked. He doesn't need people to defend Him like the crazy folk do their god Allah. God will judge all one day and I honestly feel sorry for you guys. I do not say this to be judgemental and hope you all convert from worshipping yourselfs or whatever god you are following. Know this, you are following some god even if you think you aren't.

some logic there partner...hehe, god says, "hey boys...go rape ya some canaanite virgins!". This really happened according to your bible

Why people reject such a loving god, who, by the way seems surprisingly insecure does he not?

Creates a whole bunch of people whose whole purpose is to tell him how great he is? This doesn't seem just full out weird?

The lack of corroborating evidence from historians of the time re jesus is amazing...so yeah, let's see it.

Trust me...you ain't gonna see any unbiased corroboration of this...

You guys kill me...you blindly believe every historical recount of any story, told by countless people but you wouldn't dare believe the Bible. The Bible itself is a historical document and tells of many witnesses that saw Christ after the resurrection.

Why do you you guys (atheists, agnostics) hate God so much if you don't believe in Him? I don't believe in unicorns but I can tell you that I wouldn't be on here spewing off about them and I certainly don't hate them.

No, I'm talking about actual records showing Jesus Christ being born, dying, etc. Not sermons and scripture. Actual citations to verifiable factual evidence.

Good luck with that. Lot of scribes putting down history during that time. Must have forgot and left that stuff out.

But, from Nov., 2011.....On Tuesday, the U.S. House of Representatives passed a non-binding resolution reaffirming “In God We Trust” as the national motto.

I fear it's a lot of politicians trying to firm up their re-election.

Ehhh...nonbinding...but just times we live in...Obama is an atheist most likely but can't admit it. No politician can.

How do you know that anything from the New Testament even happened and that someone didn't just make it all up? There are no written records of Christ's existence, except the Bible. Even if there were, it would only show that he was born and died. His supposed claims and miracles are only recorded in the scriptures. Many scholars believe those texts were written several hundred years after Christ supposedly lived. What prevents the writers from simply having fabricated the story? It would be easy to correctly prophesize(sp?) "future" events in the bible if the whole thing is fiction and that wouldn't prove anything, except that the writers of the Bible knew how to accomplish the literary device known as foreshadowing.

Those are great questions. Remember that most of the books that comprise the New Testament were individual writings that were collected later on by the Church.

There are several other writings and historical accounts by others at the time. The Jewish historian Josephus is one. He wrote about Jesus in "the Antiquities of the Jews."

“Now around this time lived Jesus, a wise man. For he was a worker of amazing deeds and was a teacher of people who gladly accept the truth. He won over both many Jews and many Greeks. Pilate, when he heard him accused by the leading men among us, condemned him to the cross, (but) those who had first loved him did not cease (doing so). To this day the tribe of Christians named after him has not disappeared”

Phlegon was one of several Greek historians who wrote about Jesus. None of them in flattering way.

“Now Phlegon, in the thirteenth or fourteenth book, I think, of his Chronicles, not only ascribed to Jesus a knowledge of future events . . . but also testified that the result corresponded to His predictions.” (Origen Against Celsus, Book 2, Chapter 14)

“And with regard to the eclipse in the time of Tiberius Caesar, in whose reign Jesus appears to have been crucified, and the great earthquakes which then took place ... ” (Origen Against Celsus, Book 2, Chapter 33)

“Jesus, while alive, was of no assistance to himself, but that he arose after death, and exhibited the marks of his punishment, and showed how his hands had been pierced by nails.” (Origen Against Celsus, Book 2, Chapter 59)

Perhaps the most revealing evidence is the fact that 10 of Jesus's disciples were martyred for preaching the gospel. Several were crucified. Would you go to your death by stoning or crucifixion for a lie?

You guys kill me...you blindly believe every historical recount of any story, told by countless people but you wouldn't dare believe the Bible. The Bible itself is a historical document and tells of many witnesses that saw Christ after the resurrection.

Why do you you guys (atheists, agnostics) hate God so much if you don't believe in Him? I don't believe in unicorns but I can tell you that I wouldn't be on here spewing off about them and I certainly don't hate them.

People who believe in unicorns have never been denied certain rights that we hold as natural today; they've also never been burned at the stake for being "heretics."

Absolutely is not. Probably closer to historical novel if anything.

There are only fragmentary mentions of Jesus in relatively contemporaneous extra-biblical sources, none of which really say anything about him personally. There's nothing like an account of his entrance into Jerusalem anywhere but the BIble.

The date of the entry was Monday, 10 Nisan, A.D. 30, exactly 483 years after the decree of Artaxerxes mentioned in Daniel 9:24-26. This from MacArthur's sermon. He does his homework and I'll find a source for you.

There are only fragmentary mentions of Jesus in relatively contemporaneous extra-biblical sources, none of which really say anything about him personally. There's nothing like an account of his entrance into Jerusalem anywhere but the BIble.

Funny, thousands of years later all the Jesus haters are still doing their best to remove Him from our schools, government, games, etc.

You know what, the US isn't mentioned in the Bible either and it will likely fall and crumble before end times because of the very nature of the people in it. I can see it based on the comments in this thread. Good night folks. God loves you.

went to revival tonight and the preacher preached on fighting battles with God on your side... i would hate to be you guys fighting so hard against him. you wont bother me at all talkin about me cause everyone else does. but i wouldnt talk about God or his people

VN Store

Back