Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any time someone brings up accountability from the head coach it only means two things change assistant or change the coach. We must agree that what we want and what we get are often two different things. I tend to believe that the people that are there everyday tend to have a much better grasp on what they are trying to do more so than any of us key board warriors. Do I always like what I see...no but am I or anybody else on here privy to what they want or expect.....no. So since I'm not in charge of that. I tend to accept the fact they know more about football in this day and age than I or you do.....simple.
If an assistant is failing, firing is on the table. That's up to Heupel. But if a position group is performing poorly, fans are going to comment. If you don't like the conversation, you can choose not to participate. The problem is some don't want the conversation to happen at all.

And by your reasoning that we should just trust those in chargr, Mike Hamilton should still be AD with Dooley as our coach.

No one was calling for Heupel's head.

If an assistant is failing, firing is on the table. That's up to Heupel. But if a position group is performing poorly, fans are going to comment. If you don't like the conversation, you can choose not to participate. The problem is some don't want the conversation to happen at all.

And by your reasoning that we should just trust those in chargr, Mike Hamilton should still be AD with Dooley as our coach.

No one was calling for Heupel's head.
I remember the last time we had a band member making the calls on the football field....didn't work out so well.

Yet by your own words, you thought he knew best.
I'll give everybody a chance, whether they deserve it or not. He failed....miserably, changes were made and we moved on, part of it. I had hopes but that is what I have for this staff and I will give them the benefit of the doubt until they fail and I'll move on again.

Lol...they have DW ranked waaaaay too low. He hasn't got near enough recognition for the job he did this year...IMO he is a huge loss to the offense, and it will be a big blow to the offensive production if we don't find somebody that is able to equal his success this coming season.

I'll give everybody a chance, whether they deserve it or not. He failed....miserably, changes were made and we moved on, part of it. I had hopes but that is what I have for this staff and I will give them the benefit of the doubt until they fail and I'll move on again.
Weird. That's pretty much what @utvols88 said when you and McGill started saying he was calling for Heupel to be fired. Strange how that works out.

Reactions: RikidyBones
Lol...they have DW ranked waaaaay too low. He hasn't got near enough recognition for the job he did this year...IMO he is a huge loss to the offense, and it will be a big blow to the offensive production if we don't find somebody that is able to equal his success this coming season.
Underrated, just like Trey was. Worked out well for Trey. Hopefully it works out well for DW.

Weird. That's pretty much what @utvols88 said when you and McGill started saying he was calling for Heupel to be fired. Strange how that works out.
What is weird is how you had to jump in there. Mine was all in jest he responded so I responded back nothing against anybody on here. It was just a difference of opinion.

Accountability doesn't come in one form. He doesn't have to be fired. Perhaps that's just answering questions from the media, fans (Vol Calls), etc. Or maybe it's making a change with a coach. Idk. But if you roll with what you have, you take that result as your own. Can't blame "lack of talent" anymore.
Has Heupel ever blamed lack of talent? Plenty of us have, but I don't think CJH has made too many excuses to this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back