Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m trying to kick my coffee addiction this year (I know I m ow, why would I do that?). It’s going poorly. Trying a shroom substitute coffee. Not the psychedelic two marijuana ones. Lions mane, reishi, etc. There’s a lot out there on the market.

A little bit of coffee is fine. How much were you drinking in a day?

Yerba mate is a nice alternative if you can handle an earthy tea.

Strong agree. I think Pearce/Josephs/West are going to be really, really good, and we have Herring/Bradley/Weathersby coming in too. Our pash rush is going to be fun for a while.
I'm intrigued to see how big of a jump Pearce, Joseph's and West make next year. They might be a problem.

QB - Joe Milton
RB - Jabari Small/Jaylen Wright
WR - Bru McCoy/Ramel Keyton/Squirrel White
TE - Jacob Warren/McCallan Castles
OL - Jeremiah Crawford/Andrej Karic/Cooper Mays/Javontez Spraggins/John Campbell or Gerald Mincey

DL - Transfer/Omari Thomas/Dajon Terry/Tyler Baron
LB - Keenan Pili/Aaron Beasley
Secondary - Rickey Gibson/Brandon Turnage at DB
Doneiko Slaughter/Andre Turrentine at the safety spots.
(I'm putting my own because I hate Tank, Hadden, and Burrell, but you can just about bet those 3 will be starters next year....thanks Willie)

Not a bad potential starting lineup
We can only pray they finally decide to sit tank, but I doubt it. And I think Sampson takes the starting role at RB and Thornton starts over Keyton at WR. But they will likely rotate more receivers next year.

So looking ahead to next year.

vs Virginia (at Nissan Stadium)
vs Austin Peay (sorry @peaygolf )
at Florida
vs UTSA
vs South Carolina
BYE
vs Texas A&M
at Alabama
at Kentucky
vs UConn
at Missouri
vs Georgia
vs Vandy

I like that the Bye week is a bit later. If we can get to the Bama game undefeated that'll be another top 5 matchup most likely. We also catch them just before their Bye so we'll be the 8th straight game for Bama.

Winning at the Swamp isn't a given, but I like our chances with the Gators having to break in a new QB. No clue how good A&M will be, but our luck they'll probably be having a great season. I could see us going 9-3 with this schedule, 8-4 if Milton struggles.

If we get a DL transfer that can start…. It will probably take Terry’s or Barons spot…. Staff wasn’t real pleased with Terry’s production and Baron never solidified his position.
West likely starts next year. Baron will Likely be a reserve his time here. But he plays that role well.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
We can only pray they finally decide to sit tank, but I doubt it. And I think Sampson takes the starting role at RB and Thornton starts over Keyton at WR. But they will likely rotate more receivers next year.

I have a soft spot for Keyton. I truly hope Thornton doesn't come in here and start, but at the same time I hope Keyton beats him out. Idk I think Keyton deserves it. I actually hope we don't take a WR.

I have a soft spot for Keyton. I truly hope Thornton doesn't come in here and start, but at the same time I hope Keyton beats him out. Idk I think Keyton deserves it. I actually hope we don't take a WR.
Personally I think the WR room is one of our strengths, never really understood the desire of the staff to take a WR from the portal, but then again I don't see what they see every day

So if we go 11-2 again but our passing defense hasn't drastically improved then what should be done with Heupel?

Heupel HAS improved the roster this offseason. Maybe not in the way many fans want him to, but the staff apparently feels very good about the incoming freshmen and growth of the current players.
He goes 11-2 again next year, I give him COY, name a building or street after him, another raise and extension, and celebrate my ass off.

We need depth bad. We lost 3 already. Have to take another one. Then rotate between Bru, Squirrel, Thornton, Keyton, Nimrod, and Webb.

Personally I think the WR room is one of our strengths, never really understood the desire of the staff to take a WR from the portal, but then again I don't see what they see every day

Don't disagree, but so far at least it's proven the right move.

They inherited Velus, but he & Payton balled out last season as transfers. This year it was Bru.

I do think this WR room is a good enough balance of experience, size, and speed that you don't need a portal guy though. I also think Keyton could have a big year if he's the starter full time, based on plays on the field he was easily the most productive WR on the team (other than Hyatt obviously)

I also personally want to see some of the younger guys play sooner. Seldon, Webb, Leacock, & Nimrod

But they want numbers for WR room too...and with Tillman, Hyatt, Holiday, Calloway, and Walker all leaving they will most likely take a portal WR (maybe a younger guy with more eligibility left)

A little bit of coffee is fine. How much were you drinking in a day?

Yerba mate is a nice alternative if you can handle an earthy tea.

I dunno, between 24-32 oz. I have anxiety and it’s overall ineffectual at giving me that jolt. I am consistently tired. Then I got to reading about mass produced coffee and how it’s supposed to be grown. Arguably the most chemically treated product we consume. Covered in dormant mold spores. Not ideal.

I dunno, maybe I’m just old and have young’ns.

I like tea. I’ll check that out. Thx.

And it’s surprisingly good. Although I’ve been trying the mushroom additive to my coffee and not the full replacement. Only been using a few days so not sure about all of what they claim but will say I feel like I’m not crashing in the afternoon.
Cool, which brand are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back