Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad you’re not worrying. I do believe that the coach that took what he was giving 2 years ago and turned it into the number 1 offense while playing in the SEC will be able to figure out the RB situation so I am spending my time on other problems. Mainly because I know he’s not going to ask my opinion. Fulmer didn’t either. Butch and Pruitt probably could have used some of my advice.

The others should have asked and maybe they would not have been fired. 🤣

I agree and my other posts reflect it. My comments just relate to bridging the gap between the talent is everything crowd on here and the enough talent with a great scheme group. Heup already knows it. So as you say, no need to worry.

We have one UGA/Bama/OSU/UM type quality RB that they field regularly - Sampson, a freshman. If Wright leaves, that's it. Wright has the talent, running style and experience to be in rotation with the aforementioned backs in elite RB schools. Probably not the starter, but a contributor. Sampson has the talent to develop into the starter in those rotations. UGA has three of them now. Bama nearly always has that many. OSU has several and UM had a couple until their best was injured.

Watch Monday night's game and see the difference.

As an example and IMO, UM beats TCU if their star RB was healthy. They would have two strong RB's to rotate with different running styles. They would totally control the LOS and time of possession. TCU would have needed 8 in the box and the UM QB could have play actioned all over the field with less pressure.

That's all I'm saying. We are not in position to turn down a good fit in the portal because one key injury and our production drops significantly, especially if Wright leaves, which makes us easier to defense. Heup may already have one in the wings or he may be planning to go committee again next season.

Small has never fully recovered from the shoulder issue in two seasons, so the odds are he will deal with it again next season. He is one tough, dedicated VFL. However, that tells us we need two other good RB's ready to go in the rotation if we want to compete at the highest level we can attain next season.

I am in doc's camp. 15-0 until it ain't. 😀

You make me smile - I love how you teach facts and make it fun! They probably won’t and haven’t forgotten the facts that went with the fun!!!
Thanks! Not teaching now. Work at the library 3 days a week because of health issues. But still have kid programs because I love kids. They make me smile!

The others should have asked and maybe they would not have been fired. 🤣

I agree and my other posts reflect it. My comments just relate to bridging the gap between the talent is everything crowd on here and the enough talent with a great scheme group. Heup already knows it. So as you say, no need to worry.

We have one UGA/Bama/OSU/UM type quality RB that they field regularly - Sampson, a freshman. If Wright leaves, that's it. Wright has the talent, running style and experience to be in rotation with the aforementioned backs in elite RB schools. Probably not the starter, but a contributor. Sampson has the talent to develop into the starter in those rotations. UGA has three of them now. Bama nearly always has that many. OSU has several and UM had a couple until their best was injured.

Watch Monday night's game and see the difference.

As an example and IMO, UM beats TCU if their star RB was healthy. They would have two strong RB's to rotate with different running styles. They would totally control the LOS and time of possession. TCU would have needed 8 in the box and the UM QB could have play actioned all over the field with less pressure.

That's all I'm saying. We are not in position to turn down a good fit in the portal because one key injury and our production drops significantly, especially if Wright leaves, which makes us easier to defense. Heup may already have one in the wings or he may be planning to go committee again next season.

Small has never fully recovered from the shoulder issue in two seasons, so the odds are he will deal with it again next season. He is one tough, dedicated VFL. However, that tells us we need two other good RB's ready to go in the rotation if we want to compete at the highest level we can attain next season.

I am in doc's camp. 15-0 until it ain't. 😀
What? I watched Monday night’s game. First NFL game I watched since Peyton retired and was traumatized! Will be a while on that one!

The goal is always to be improving and getting the best players possible. Of course we want Chuck Webb and Reggie Cobb. I am just not as worried about having the best roster in the nation as I have been since I started in the 80s. Nice to just relax and cheer for the team we have. But realize some still like imagining possibilities. Just don’t let it ruin it for you. I went back to worrying about all that the day after we won the national championship. Didn’t fully appreciate what just happened!

Last year…… Clemson and Georgia took no one that played…. SC took 9 guys…. Rattier, and wells played good…. Reed was a below average DB…. Terrell Dawkins didn’t play…. Austin stogner was nothing special at tight end…. Alabama did the best getting Gibbs, steen, and Burton…. They also got one of the highest rated CBs in Eli ricks but he performed poorly at Alabama and was injured a good portion of the time. Tennessee got Gerald Mincey, Bru McCoy, and Wesley Walker as contributors…. Seems to me that we did the second best of the teams that were mentioned in the portal.
Last year…… Clemson and Georgia took no one that played…. SC took 9 guys…. Rattier, and wells played good…. Reed was a below average DB…. Terrell Dawkins didn’t play…. Austin stogner was nothing special at tight end…. Alabama did the best getting Gibbs, steen, and Burton…. They also got one of the highest rated CBs in Eli ricks but he performed poorly at Alabama and was injured a good portion of the time. Tennessee got Gerald Mincey, Bru McCoy, and Wesley Walker as contributors…. Seems to me that we did the second best of the teams that were mentioned in the portal.
Sick No Way GIF by Looney Tunes - Find & Share on GIPHY.gif

At least it is serving some purpose, sure as **** cant make a cup of decent coffee. Flavored water.

I’m trying to kick my coffee addiction this year (I know I m ow, why would I do that?). It’s going poorly. Trying a shroom substitute coffee. Not the psychedelic two marijuana ones. Lions mane, reishi, etc. There’s a lot out there on the market.

What? I watched Monday night’s game. First NFL game I watched since Peyton retired and was traumatized! Will be a while on that one!

The goal is always to be improving and getting the best players possible. Of course we want Chuck Webb and Reggie Cobb. I am just not as worried about having the best roster in the nation as I have been since I started in the 80s. Nice to just relax and cheer for the team we have. But realize some still like imagining possibilities. Just don’t let it ruin it for you. I went back to worrying about all that the day after we won the national championship. Didn’t fully appreciate what just happened!

That was horrible. But no, UGA/TCU and UGA's RBs next week.

👍 It's gonna be a good season. Vols are on a roll.

I’m trying to kick my coffee addiction this year (I know I m ow, why would I do that?). It’s going poorly. Trying a shroom substitute coffee. Not the psychedelic two marijuana ones. Lions mane, reishi, etc. There’s a lot out there on the market.
Have you considered ginseng? I mean, its easily attainable, up thar on the side at Mountain.

My wife took off for Bristol early Monday to be with her sick mom, who had to be hospitalized with pneumonia and I just discovered the burner for our gas hot water heater is out. Not a good week so far.
Tankless my friend...tankless. Just finished descaling mine. Just a workhorse.

So if we go 11-2 again but our passing defense hasn't drastically improved then what should be done with Heupel?

Heupel HAS improved the roster this offseason. Maybe not in the way many fans want him to, but the staff apparently feels very good about the incoming freshmen and growth of the current players.
Accountability doesn't come in one form. He doesn't have to be fired. Perhaps that's just answering questions from the media, fans (Vol Calls), etc. Or maybe it's making a change with a coach. Idk. But if you roll with what you have, you take that result as your own. Can't blame "lack of talent" anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back