Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
QB - Joe Milton
RB - Jabari Small/Jaylen Wright
WR - Bru McCoy/Ramel Keyton/Squirrel White
TE - Jacob Warren/McCallan Castles
OL - Jeremiah Crawford/Andrej Karic/Cooper Mays/Javontez Spraggins/John Campbell or Gerald Mincey

DL - Transfer/Omari Thomas/Dajon Terry/Tyler Baron
LB - Keenan Pili/Aaron Beasley
Secondary - Rickey Gibson/Brandon Turnage at DB
Doneiko Slaughter/Andre Turrentine at the safety spots.
(I'm putting my own because I hate Tank, Hadden, and Burrell, but you can just about bet those 3 will be starters next year....thanks Willie)

Not a bad potential starting lineup
DB = defensive back (corners and safeties)
CB = corner back

Why are y’all liking this?
In the player threads (as opposed to the general thread) a lot of people "like" posts that bring solid on-topic news, good or bad, as thanks. Since it was @VolByLaw bringing the news and he usually posts there, I think he got that response. I'm not aware of a single person who dislikes Walker Merrill. He's a great guy who works hard. And I can't imagine any Vol fan not wishing him well.

Got bored and perused some of my old replies 😂

View attachment 529150
I chortled.

In lieu of coming out in pads, what I'd really like to see are Nike warm up sweat pants, head, arm, and leg bands, with matching warm up jerseys. Id like to see a warm up similar to the Globetrotters right before the Washington Generals get that ass whupped.

I know it's football but man it would be great to see all those footballs spinning around. It would confuse fhe **** out of Kirby Dumb.

I really really hope that crap doesn't get started..we really don't need the pressure of crazy expectations yet. Stupid crap like that is what could cause this to implode.

Is it a possibility?...yes we have just seen a JH team barely miss the playoffs and his QB just fall short of the Heisman..Is it a probability?...hell no, this team is still paper thin at too many spots and they are still massively outtalented by Georgia and Alabama.

I love it. Don’t let the Butch Jones years scar you—this is a good staff that develops their athletes.

I always think of Requiem for a Dream and get grossed out. If you've never seen that disgusting film...don't.
This randomly has nothing to do with anything but I saw someone mention it was a drug addiction movie and it made me think of SLC Punk.Man I loved that movie when it came out.Im not sure who's watched a bunch of LSD popping metal gear heads trapped n middle of nowhere Salt Lake city Utah but it was definitely worth it.

They also raid the best players out of the portal too. They don’t say “nah we got these high school kids that will come in and start day 1.”
Last year…… Clemson and Georgia took no one that played…. SC took 9 guys…. Rattier, and wells played good…. Reed was a below average DB…. Terrell Dawkins didn’t play…. Austin stogner was nothing special at tight end…. Alabama did the best getting Gibbs, steen, and Burton…. They also got one of the highest rated CBs in Eli ricks but he performed poorly at Alabama and was injured a good portion of the time. Tennessee got Gerald Mincey, Bru McCoy, and Wesley Walker as contributors…. Seems to me that we did the second best of the teams that were mentioned in the portal.

QB - Joe Milton
OL - Jeremiah Crawford/Andrej Karic/Cooper Mays/Javontez Spraggins/John Campbell or Gerald Mincey

(I'm putting my own because I hate Tank, Hadden, and Burrell, but you can just about bet those 3 will be starters next year....thanks Willie)

If we get a DL transfer that can start…. It will probably take Terry’s or Barons spot…. Staff wasn’t real pleased with Terry’s production and Baron never solidified his position.

Reactions: TrippieRedd
After a decade of coaches you were nothing but constantly embarrassed for, it’s so refreshing to have Heupel.
I was just thinking….. how big of azzholes are coaches that shooting basketball with your son for thirty minutes is considered a big deal?

Last edited:
Next years roster at a glance. Scholarship players.

Offense
QB - Joe Milton, Tayven Jackson, Nico Iamaleava
RB - Jabari Small, Jaylen Wright (as of now), Dylan Sampson, Khalifa Keith
WR - Ramel Keyton, Bru McCoy, Squirrel White, Chas Nimrod, Kaleb Webb, Nathan Leacock, Cameron Seldon, Nate Spillman
TE - Jacob Warren, McCallan Castles, Ethan Davis
OT - Jeremiah Crawford, Dayne Davis, Gerald Mincey, Brian Grant, Vysen Lang, Shamurad Umarov, Larry Johnson III
IOL - Ollie Lane, Jackson Lampley, Cooper Mays, Javontez Spraggins, Andrej Karic, Addison Nichols, Masai Reddick, Mo Clipper Jr., Ayden Bussell

Defense
Edge - Roman Harrison, Tyler Baron, Joshua Josephs, James Pearce, Jr., Caleb Herring, Chandavian Bradley
DL - Kurott Garland, Omari Thomas, Elijah Simmons, Da'Jon Terry, Bryson Eason, Dominic Bailey, Tyre West, Amari McNeill, Jayson Jenkins,
Nathan Robinson, Daevin Hobbs, Tyree Weathersby, Trevor Duncan
LB - Aaron Beasley, Juwan Mitchell (for now at least), Keenan Pili, Kwauze Garland, Elijah Herring, Kalib Perry, Arion Carter, Jalen Smith,
Jeremiah Telander
CB - Warren Burrell, Brandon Turnage, Kamal Hadden, Doneiko Slaughter, Dee Williams, De'Shawn Rucker, Christian Harrison, Jordan
Matthews, Rickey Gibson, Cristian Conyer
S - Jaylen McCollough, Wesley Walker, Tamarion McDonald, Christian Charles, Andre Turrentine, Jourdan Thomas, Cameron Miller,
John Slaughter, Jack Luttrell

Special Teams
P - Jackson Ross (not sure if scholarship or not)
K - Charles Campbell

So if that's accurate, and the punter is on scholarship, that's 83. 82 if the punter isn't on scholarship. Probably some more guys will hit the portal, though.

@Weezer this is the same count I had with the exception, that I also was including Kingston Harris in my count. When I look on the 2021 roster he's there, but not for 2022 and I never saw anything about him transferring? Wonder what happened to him?

This randomly has nothing to do with anything but I saw someone mention it was a drug addiction movie and it made me think of SLC Punk.Man I loved that movie when it came out.Im not sure who's watched a bunch of LSD popping metal gear heads trapped n middle of nowhere Salt Lake city Utah but it was definitely worth it.
I'm not driving to Utah to watch a movie I've never heard of.

QB - Joe Milton

All that really matters is @LittleVol ’s opinion about the depth chart next year. Edge of my seat

Ainge needs to be quiet unless he just wants to be a shock jock. I think he liked the Twitter attention from his last big blunder.
Somebody on the FF mentioned Crompton being a radio personality. Jon is a strange dude. But, in actuality he is the opposite of Ainge's personality. Ainge's ADHD manifests in acting out. Jon just stares up into the clouds, lol.

After a decade of coaches you were nothing but constantly embarrassed for, it’s so refreshing to have Heupel.
100%
It starts at the top. DW has the entire Tennessee program rolling right now! Im proud of all our coaches. The best part about all of it to me is that it doesnt matter what it is....... Baseball, Basketball, Football, shoot even Corn hole for those that like to drink and toss some sacks. That one was for you Glitch! What a awsome feeling to just be in the conversation every year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back