Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what I just realized?

How is Caleb Williams' finger nail obscenities not am Unsportsmanlike Conduct? That's unsportsmanlike by definition, and its directed to the opponent.

They wouldn't allow a player to go Double Gauldens to the opponent's bench. They wouldn't let a player wear a bracelet or socks or shoes with that on there would they? So how does he get away with that?

First play should be a penalty. If he doesn't remove it the second would ve a disqualification for his second Unsportsmanlike penalty.

Am I becoming an old geezer?

Being an old geezer doesnā€™t mean youā€™re wrongā€¦as one old geezer to another. šŸ˜Ž

Yet according to AP, we're not looking for secondary help from the portal. That means it rests on the freshmen to fix our secondary. That's a lot to ask of freshmen.

WOW, I sure hope AP is wrong... If we don't get help, and suck again in the secondary next season like we did this year, I may be questioning Heup for the first time since he's been here... surely that isn't correct...

AP saying we aren't likely to add another LB, AP saying we aren't likely to get help from the portal in the secondary... what the heck is going on? Defense and those two position groups in particular are our biggest need right now... We aren't going to have quite as high powered offense as we did this year to lean on, so we sure as heck need to upgrade the defense... I sure hope he doesn't know what he's talking about...

Yet according to AP, we're not looking for secondary help from the portal. That means it rests on the freshmen to fix our secondary. That's a lot to ask of freshmen.
I donā€™t want to hear a single talent argument from anyone if our secondary struggles again next year. If they arenā€™t taking portal help, then they think we have the talent to have a good secondary.

Hard to see progress when you actually believe we had one the the worst secondaries in FBSšŸ¤£ As ole Wheezy does.

When we literally ranked 59th and 66th in the 2 best efficiency metrics. Average...yes. Not even close to the bottom...about 60 spots away.
Yeah... They was improvement. But going from the 120's to 60's... Sometimes hard to see it.šŸ˜‰

Reactions: Devo182
I think the line play and the linebacker play were pretty decent most of the year. Yes, everyone on defense was bad for that one game, but overall, I think those guys did good. I don't feel the same can be said of the secondary. So now we're looking at freshmen to come in and fix it. I guess we'll see.
Did we not redshirt any DBs?

Jimbo hiring Petrino is huge... bigger than I think folks realize if it works and he stays for a while... A&M has talent, and now they'll have someone who can call the right plays and actually use the talent they have...

Ofc he would do it as soon as we're about to play them.

Just like LSU winning the West out of nowhere...or Ole Miss in 2021 having their best season. Jfc.

That said I still have lots if hope in Jimbo...to pull a Pruitt and ruin his OC.

AP saying we aren't likely to add another LB, AP saying we aren't likely to get help from the portal in the secondary... what the heck is going on? Defense and those two position groups in particular are our biggest need right now... We aren't going to have quite as high powered offense as we did this year to lean on, so we sure as heck need to upgrade the defense... I sure hope he doesn't know what he's talking about...
I agree with the secondary but not lb, I really like the lb core and with Beasley, pili, herring, and Carter along with the other two freshman, I think that group is solid. But not taking a db is baffling. Guess they think Jordan Matthews or Rickey Gibson are really the caliber but idkā€¦.

Ofc he would do it as soon as we're about to play them.

Just like LSU winning the West out of nowhere...or Ole Miss in 2021 having their best season. Jfc.

That said I still have lots if hope in Jimbo...to pull a Pruitt and ruin his OC.
Petrino would literally murder jimbo if he tried to meddle or ruin his offense. I think a better hope is that the game has passed petrino by.

Which is better?
Goodfellas vs The Departed
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

And The Departed is great...GREAT...but Mafioso > Mob every time. They are more interesting in their structure, guidelines, and vast history into Sicily. Jmo. Goodfellas is still a better movie regardless though. Both have excellent structure and climaxes though...shoot I might even give The Departed the better climax. And you're welcome Glitch.

I donā€™t want to hear a single talent argument from anyone if our secondary struggles again next year. If they arenā€™t taking portal help, then they think we have the talent to have a good secondary.
Taking immediate portal help (still early in the offseason) doest not equal not wanting/would not take help.

We have (very) incomplete information. So we are just assuming.

You could watch a poker player sit there and fold for an hour straight and you could (mistakenly) assume they are happy where they are in the tournament...meanwhile they're being dealt 27o every hand.

With asymmetric information, making assumptions is always going to be full of folly. Ofc we'll still make conjectures and talk...because that's what this place is for...but wouldn't take it much further than that.

Next years roster at a glance. Scholarship players.

Offense
QB - Joe Milton, Tayven Jackson, Nico Iamaleava
RB - Jabari Small, Jaylen Wright (as of now), Dylan Sampson, Khalifa Keith
WR - Ramel Keyton, Bru McCoy, Squirrel White, Chas Nimrod, Kaleb Webb, Nathan Leacock, Cameron Seldon, Nate Spillman
TE - Jacob Warren, McCallan Castles, Ethan Davis
OT - Jeremiah Crawford, Dayne Davis, Gerald Mincey, Brian Grant, Vysen Lang, Shamurad Umarov, Larry Johnson III
IOL - Ollie Lane, Jackson Lampley, Cooper Mays, Javontez Spraggins, Andrej Karic, Addison Nichols, Masai Reddick, Mo Clipper Jr., Ayden Bussell

Defense
Edge - Roman Harrison, Tyler Baron, Joshua Josephs, James Pearce, Jr., Caleb Herring, Chandavian Bradley
DL - Kurott Garland, Omari Thomas, Elijah Simmons, Da'Jon Terry, Bryson Eason, Dominic Bailey, Tyre West, Amari McNeill, Jayson Jenkins,
Nathan Robinson, Daevin Hobbs, Tyree Weathersby, Trevor Duncan
LB - Aaron Beasley, Juwan Mitchell (for now at least), Keenan Pili, Kwauze Garland, Elijah Herring, Kalib Perry, Arion Carter, Jalen Smith,
Jeremiah Telander
CB - Warren Burrell, Brandon Turnage, Kamal Hadden, Doneiko Slaughter, Dee Williams, De'Shawn Rucker, Christian Harrison, Jordan
Matthews, Rickey Gibson, Cristian Conyer
S - Jaylen McCollough, Wesley Walker, Tamarion McDonald, Christian Charles, Andre Turrentine, Jourdan Thomas, Cameron Miller,
John Slaughter, Jack Luttrell

Special Teams
P - Jackson Ross (not sure if scholarship or not)
K - Charles Campbell

So if that's accurate, and the punter is on scholarship, that's 83. 82 if the punter isn't on scholarship. Probably some more guys will hit the portal, though.

Do you still have periods of weird fatigue and sleepiness? It's been two years and I still get weirdly tired and sleepy for a few days at least twice a month.

I averaged about 6 hours of sleep a night from my late twenties (after kids) until I got Covid two years ago, but it has wrecked that..I HAVE to get 8 or more just to get through a day now, and I hate sleeping.
Well I have always required a lot of sleep since childhood to even function in a day especially on a work night..I have a condition called fibromyalgia in which fatigue is a common symptom so some days I tire easily even though I would get plenty and feel rested initially...but with covid, it felt like I could never get enough sleep..Seems like Iā€™ve taken more naps than I used to before my bout with covid..The tired and sleepiness youā€™re referring hits all of a sudden out of no where though..šŸ„±šŸ„±

WOW, I sure hope AP is wrong... If we don't get help, and suck again in the secondary next season like we did this year, I may be questioning Heup for the first time since he's been here... surely that isn't correct...
Coulda sworn you asked a few (hundred) questions in just his first seasonā€¦and doubled your production last year. šŸ˜

How in the world does this happen?

6756c318-8590-41ff-a9f6-247f8a569c41_text.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back