Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it’s getting old even though I couldn’t agree more with him. There’s no reason for it be a headline on Fox News or any other site for that matter either.

Everyone knows Stetson is a douche. Now they also know some old guy named Erik Ainge is also a douche.

In all seriousness, he has more non-fan listeners than fan listeners. He got them worked up for the game in Athens too. I dont listen to Ainge or know anyone that does but every Georgia fan told me ahead of time about his comments about Athens.

Hard to see progress when you actually believe we had one the the worst secondaries in FBS🤣 As ole Wheezy does.

When we literally ranked 59th and 66th in the 2 best efficiency metrics. Average...yes. Not even close to the bottom...about 60 spots away.

Doesn't matter how many times you present facts, the keyboard kids will come right back and say we had the worst secondary and all the kids and coaches should be fired......facts are not welcome.

AP saying we aren't likely to add another LB, AP saying we aren't likely to get help from the portal in the secondary... what the heck is going on? Defense and those two position groups in particular are our biggest need right now... We aren't going to have quite as high powered offense as we did this year to lean on, so we sure as heck need to upgrade the defense... I sure hope he doesn't know what he's talking about...

Have you seen our defensive recruits? Everyone who is worried about the lack of portal activity on defense needs to chill. I’ll change my tune if Virginia lights us up

Yeaux! It's been a minute. I do! Its funny, Tulane and the Vols have always been linked in my mind since '98 when both schools went undefeated. That both schools are having the years they are has been so awesome. It certainly doesn't hurt one of them pays me now.

Cheers to the most enjoyable college football season since I was in 8th grade. GBO / Roll Wave.

FYP …. Smh

Everyone knows Stetson is a douche. Now they also know some old guy named Erik Ainge is also a douche.

In all seriousness, he has more non-fan listeners than fan listeners. He got them worked up for the game in Athens too. I dont listen to Ainge or know anyone that does but every Georgia fan told me ahead of time about his comments about Athens.
Ainge is just completely honest, sometimes to a fault. I appreciate that way more than listening to Tyler Ivens trying to sound like a top 40 DJ. Ainge talks football better than any other Knoxville media person, and it’s not even close. Piss on any Georgia fans that whine because somebody refuses to kiss the ring.

Have you seen our defensive recruits? Everyone who is worried about the lack of portal activity on defense needs to chill. I’ll change my tune if Virginia lights us up
It is never wise to trust your fate to kids that have never taken a college snap.Before the portal was a thing, coaches would fill gaps with juco players. If Virginia lights us up, it’s safe to say we are screwed.

Ainge is just completely honest, sometimes to a fault. I appreciate that way more than listening to Tyler Ivens trying to sound like a top 40 DJ. Ainge talks football better than any other Knoxville media person, and it’s not even close. Piss on any Georgia fans that whine because somebody refuses to kiss the ring.
Ainge is a Whiny, immature child….. he is the best at discussing football though which isn’t exactly a high bar in the Knoxville market.

Reactions: Jackcrevol
It is never wise to trust your fate to kids that have never taken a college snap.Before the portal was a thing, coaches would fill gaps with juco players. If Virginia lights us up, it’s safe to say we are screwed.
You mean like Clemson? Freshman start all the time…. Georgia, Alabama, and SC all started freshman DBs.

Probably feels compelled since he owned their asses when he played. Maybe feels like I do. Georgia is still a winneable game.

Thought this was kinda funny.

I really really hope that crap doesn't get started..we really don't need the pressure of crazy expectations yet. Stupid crap like that is what could cause this to implode.

Is it a possibility?...yes we have just seen a JH team barely miss the playoffs and his QB just fall short of the Heisman..Is it a probability?...hell no, this team is still paper thin at too many spots and they are still massively outtalented by Georgia and Alabama.

QB - Joe Milton
RB - Jabari Small/Jaylen Wright
WR - Bru McCoy/Ramel Keyton/Squirrel White
TE - Jacob Warren/McCallan Castles
OL - Jeremiah Crawford/Andrej Karic/Cooper Mays/Javontez Spraggins/John Campbell or Gerald Mincey

DL - Transfer/Omari Thomas/Dajon Terry/Tyler Baron
LB - Keenan Pili/Aaron Beasley
Secondary - Rickey Gibson/Brandon Turnage at DB
Doneiko Slaughter/Andre Turrentine at the safety spots.
(I'm putting my own because I hate Tank, Hadden, and Burrell, but you can just about bet those 3 will be starters next year....thanks Willie)

Not a bad potential starting lineup

They also raid the best players out of the portal too. They don’t say “nah we got these high school kids that will come in and start day 1.”
Clemson? They traditionally don’t pursue Juco or transfers. Their big portal addition last off-season was formerly one of their own in Hunter Johnson.

QB - Joe Milton
OL - Jeremiah Crawford/Andrej Karic/Cooper Mays/Javontez Spraggins/John Campbell or Gerald Mincey

(I'm putting my own because I hate Tank, Hadden, and Burrell, but you can just about bet those 3 will be starters next year....thanks Willie)

I think this is pretty spot on for this point in the off season, except Josephs will definitely start imo

QB - Joe Milton

Most of that seems very likely. Your secondary, however is almost certainly not even close to correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back