Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, think it’s gonna be something like 42-24. VOLS

THE only two ways TN loses is, if we can’t keep the pocket clean and TN beats themselves with turnovers.

Don’t think Georgias offense can score at will, although those TEs they have are really good.

If TN comes out clicking on all cylinders, it could get Ugly for Georgia.

I’ve had this convo several times since the Bama game, it shouldn’t have been that close, we should have beat Bama like 56-28. But I think our nerves crept in towards the 4th qrt, and we made mental mistakes. But I think we’ve learned from that too.

We CANNOT do that against Georgia. And I’ll go on and say this, I don’t think Georgia is as good as Bama is.
venue will only matter if we allow it to matter. we can shut a crowd up pretty quick. so i think getting off to a good start is important, but not absolutely necessary....
i think UGA's front 7 is very good, but losing Nolan is huge. i think they only way they slow us down is if they're able to disrupt the o line to the point it affects timing with hooker and the WR's. if they can't do that consistently, we win a lot of match ups.

but a lot like the Bama game and LSU game, it will be our ability to run the ball. and that's where the o line has to flex it's muscle. i love adding Fant in to the run game, gives us some beef and speed in the backfield and we'll probably need it i'm sure in this game.

WR's..pick your poison GA....good luck. you're not covering all of them.

defensively, i think coming off last week's game that side of the ball is going to be uber confident, and if they get anything going early from a momentum standpoint....it's game on.

i think this is gonna be a great game. and there's not a scenario that you could tell me that would surprise, except maybe a UGA blow out. we're gonna score. i think i picked this game's score somewhere around 42-38ish? 4-6 points either way.

if we get anything north of 35 or 36 points, it's gonna be a helluva deal for UGA to keep up. they can make big plays, but they can't make them in bunches i don't think.

and hell it may only take 2-3 stops to put it out of reach?

anyway, tl;dr version...there's zero reason to be anxious or worried. we're plenty capable winning this game. and i do not see us puckering up and "the moment" being to big for this team. this is gonna be fun.

Georgia fans like to bring up last year as to why they'll be able to stop our offense.

First of all we did better than anyone other than Bama did against that defense by far. We actually crossed into the Georgia red zone six times. Three scores and three other times we went for it on third down. If we kick field goals we put up 26 points on that defense. Still the 17 was the most points anyone scored on them other than Bama.

We also had 22 first downs. 387 total yards and Hendon turned the ball over once.

They really weren't THAT successful last year. They limited us, but didn't stop us. Their offense didn't necessarily carve us up much either.

This year now...their defense is NOT all time great.

Their run game is worse. Their receivers are worse.

Our offense is currently an all time great....and we are getting Tillman back healthy....who had 200 yards on them last year....

Our defense is much better this year. We stop the run. We get sacks. DB's are improving.

The match up is looking pretty promising.

Last edited:
Georgia fans like to bring up last year as to why they'll be able to stop our offense.

First of all we did better than anyone other than Bama did against that defense by far. We actually crossed into the Georgia red zone six times. Three scores and three other times we went for it on third down. If we kick field goals we put up 26 points on that defense. Still the 17 was the most points anyone scored on them other than Bama.

We also had 22 first downs. 387 total yards and Hendon turned the ball over once.

They really weren't THAT successful last year. They limited us, but didn't stop us. Their offense didn't necessarily carve us up much either.

Our offense is currently an all time great....and we are getting Tillman back healthy....who had 200 yards on them last year....

Our defense is much better this year. We stop the run. We get sacks. DB's are improving.

Thr match up is looking pretty promising.
Our success will be our OL doing their job like they have all year in pass protection and in the run game. We are where we are because of them.

Same here. I can't explain it, but I have zero worries about Saturday. I'm not saying we win - in fact, I think it's at least theoretically possible we lose by two scores or so. But I'm not anxious about it. This season has progressed so far that I feel like we're just playing with house money. Honestly, I think I'll have slightly more anxiety against USCe in two weeks - just because a slip up there is far more damaging (although I don't expect one).
I have zero anxiety for any game remaining on our schedule..

ed9a9052-6e2c-4394-bfc0-6fec70316e94-jpeg.255656
Oh no...the curse..😖

The problem for them is I can name 12 players from that UGA defense last yr who are no longer there. And 5 were 1st rounders.

Hook still had 300 yards last season. I can’t see that being worse.

Will Levis makes bad decisions. Doesn’t perform even somewhat good at this level. Surprisingly weak arm for how big he is. I don’t get it.
His arm is pretty good I think.

Let's talk about the bad decisions.

I went back and looked. He's only had four games at KY where he hasn't turned the ball over. Once this year, three times last year.

Even at Penn State in limited time he three a couple picks and fumbled multiple times as just a running QB.

The problem for them is I can name 12 players from that UGA defense last yr who are no longer there. And 5 were 1st rounders.
Kirby imported Nickie's bag game from AL and bought like 8 top-five classes in a row. GA's brag has been that they have all-SEC guys two-deep on their bench.

When Heup beats Kirby this weekend, all the credit is to our players who outplayed all of those top recruits they have several deep, and to Heup and staff who will out-coach Kirby. Even funnier since everybody knows Kirby is on the phone with Nickie for help.

I smell FEAR in that "but we graduated a class" excuse that GA is starting to peddle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back