Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I stole this from @WilcoVolsFan
I found this article from 3 months ago that listed the ESPN Football Power Index (FPI) and predicted chances of winning each game.
Tennessee game-by-game predictions: ESPN’s FPI projects Vols’ 2022 season
  • Sept. 1 vs. Ball State: 95.1% chance of winning
  • Sept. 10 at Pitt: 37.3% chance of winning
  • Sept. 17 vs. Akron: 97.3% chance of winning
  • Sept. 24 vs. Florida: 60.2% chance of winning
  • Oct. 8 at LSU: 32.3% chance of winning
  • Oct. 15 vs. Alabama: 11.9% chance of winning
  • Oct. 22 vs. UT Martin: 98.5% chance of winning
  • Oct. 29 vs. Kentucky: 47.4% chance of winning
If you factor that out, the ESPN FPI essentially gave us a .37% chance of being here today at 8-0. About 1/3 of one percent.

Essentially, the ESPN FPI thought that if this season was played 268 times, start out in the year 1754, 22 years prior to the founding of the United States and 42 years before Tennessee became a state, and your replayed this 8-game stretch annually up until today, this Tennessee team would go undefeated only once in that entire time.

That's some ish right there.

No way in hell Texans win. They have their rb and...

I mean I agree with you but 😂😂😂 something is in the water pops…the fix is in…if this makes you feel better about it…one side is loaded….vegas is about to commit highway robbery..bet at your own risk though hopefully I see you and @Enki_Amenra at the cashier 🫶🏽🧡🤍

1667498020695.jpeg

I work in Finance and as such am probably more sensitive to this than others. I don't know the ins and outs of NIL but I really hope they either have financial advisors or some type of financial controls for the players. I don't care who you are, no one in college can immediately receive a large sum of money and it pan out well. There is no telling what I would have done if given 6 figures in college. I think in an ideal world, universities would set up a fund that releases a certain amount every semester with the full balance set to release to them when they graduate.

I mean I agree with you but 😂😂😂 something is in the water pops…the fix is in…if this makes you feel better about it…one side is loaded….vegas is about to commit highway robbery..bet at your own risk though hopefully I see you and @Enki_Amenra at the cashier 🫶🏽🧡🤍

View attachment 510026

All that means is that there arent many Texans fans lol

I rarely bet big NFL spreads anyway so yall have fun with all that.

Tennessee total first half over 13.5 now that is tasty.

I work in Finance and as such am probably more sensitive to this than others. I don't know the ins and outs of NIL but I really hope they either have financial advisors or some type of financial controls for the players. I don't care who you are, no one in college can immediately receive a large sum of money and it pan out well. There is no telling what I would have done if given 6 figures in college. I think in an ideal world, universities would set up a fund that releases a certain amount every semester with the full balance set to release to them when they graduate.
We have a great NIL support system for the players. The AD had this set up, I think, before Spyre was even born.

They started having financial planning classes for the players when NIL was just a discussion, admin has been doing a fantastic job in this regard

Where was it announced? I don't see it anywhere?

This is where everyone is getting Stormtroopers from. It’s almost a given that it will be this combo if they are tweeting out this with that uniform combination on it. But to your point, they haven’t technically announced the uniform combo yet like they normally do.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back