9th - UT 91.0pg
28th - Kentucky 117.1pg

Total Yards Allowed
103rd - UT 420.7pg
15th - Kentucky 295.4pg

Defensive Plays
127th - UT 77.6pg
8th - Kentucky 58.6pg

These are numbers based on gross totals, but when you look at per play numbers it's an interesting difference.

Total Yards Per Play
60th - UT 5.4 per play, per game
26th - Kentucky 5.0 per play, per game

and then some other factors

we are at like 7.5 yards per play on Offense and they are like 5.8 on offense. Not too far away from Vandy at 5.4 lol

That UK O Line is going to get worked. They give up tons of QB pressures. There will be a lot of heat on Levis and he's extremely turnover prone.

For us "old timers", no one will ever trump Bama. We remember the past, and Bama will always be #1 in the rival category. Florida is a solid #2, but that didn't really come about until Spurrier. For the longest time, Georgia was more of an afterthought. It's really their recent success that has moved them up. Back in the day, I would have put Auburn above Georgia, but that changed when we went to divisions and no longer played them every year.
Although it's been lopsided for almost a century, especially in my lifetime, Vandy still holds a special place in hate world, too. Can never forget, they are the reason the General was hired, to beat Vandy...those were his marching orders.

But, you're absolutely right about Auburn. That's a very good rivalry. Although, just a kid, I still remember the '85 game. Still one of the great Vol victories, and one that put us on the map going forward into the television explosion.

We skipped Zion on that trip because I didn't want to just spend one day there when I do get to visit. We did the other 4 of the Mighty Five though. Utah is spectacular.
If I didn’t have a mess of grand baby’s I would move to UTah tomorrow. We spent a week in Zion. Absolutely incredible place.

So…if you play more defensive plays, will you give up more yards? If you’re ahead of teams because of a high flying offense, will opposing teams have to pass more to stay in the game or catch up? Asking for a friend.

Yeah, when you're hanging 50+ on average teams tend to have to throw against ya...especially when your rushing defense is elite. We're not benefiting from people abandoning the run, we're just that damn good against the run. We're 51st in rushing attempts against us at 31.6 a game (Kentucky is 9th at 29.7). We're 6th in the country in rushing yards per carry against us, just giving up 2.9.

I mean Levis will likely have a good game,

Most QBs get yards on us, only 3 opponents have failed to throw for 300 on us (Akron: 241, Ball State: 269, Pitt: 274) but we don't give up a ton of passing TDs (10 total on the season) and we do turn people over 6 INTs total on the season. So really if we can shutdown Kentucky's run then I seriously doubt they'll be able to score with us.

This will be the first game we play where the other team's game plan will fully be about ball control. We just have to make sure they aren't scoring TDs.

Yeah, when you're hanging 50+ on average teams tend to have to throw against ya...especially when your rushing defense is elite. We're not benefiting from people abandoning the run, we're just that damn good against the run. We're 51st in rushing attempts against us at 31.6 a game (Kentucky is 9th at 29.7). We're 6th in the country in rushing yards per carry against us, just giving up 2.9.

I mean Levis will likely have a good game,

Most QBs get yards on us, only 3 opponents have failed to throw for 300 on us (Akron: 241, Ball State: 269, Pitt: 274) but we don't give up a ton of passing TDs (10 total on the season) and we do turn people over 6 INTs total on the season. So really if we can shutdown Kentucky's run then I seriously doubt they'll be able to score with us.

This will be the first game we play where the other team's game plan will fully be about ball control. We just have to make sure they aren't scoring TDs.
Bend don’t break. Our points per game vs yards per game illustrate that.

Found the Halloween candy stash at the house … Tootsie Roll Fruit Chews are a highly underrated Halloween candy. I share this information annually. Kitchen scramble for any dissenters. 🔪🧨

AdmirableSnoopyDowitcher-size_restricted.gif

This week's matchup

Scoring Offense
1st - UT 50.1ppg
84th - Kentucky 26.4ppg

Passing Yards
2nd - UT 368.9pg
53rd - Kentucky 260.6pg

Rushing Yards
24th - UT 202.9pg
109th - Kentucky 113.4pg

Total Yards
1st - UT 571.7pg
83rd - Kentucky 373.7pg

Scoring Defense
49th - UT 23.1pg
10th - Kentucky 16.4pg

Passing Yards Allowed
130th - Tennessee 329.7pg
14th - Kentucky 178.3pg

Rushing Yards Allowed
9th - UT 91.0pg
28th - Kentucky 117.1pg

Total Yards Allowed
103rd - UT 420.7pg
15th - Kentucky 295.4pg

Defensive Plays
127th - UT 77.6pg
8th - Kentucky 58.6pg

These are numbers based on gross totals, but when you look at per play numbers it's an interesting difference.

Total Yards Per Play
60th - UT 5.4 per play, per game
26th - Kentucky 5.0 per play, per game

Will be interesting to see if we can keep the passing game numbers up to elite levels since they seem to be only allowing 178.3, will we run the ball more, or just torch them with now having Hyatt, McCoy, Keyton, AND Tillman?

Although it's been lopsided for almost a century, especially in my lifetime, Vandy still holds a special place in hate world, too. Can never forget, they are the reason the General was hired, to beat Vandy...those were his marching orders.

But, you're absolutely right about Auburn. That's a very good rivalry. Although, just a kid, I still remember the '85 game. Still one of the great Vol victories, and one that put us on the map going forward into the television explosion.
Wasn’t that the game when Bo Jackson took himself out of the game after he realized he couldn’t do anything?

Will be interesting to see if we can keep the passing game numbers up to elite levels since they seem to be only allowing 178.3, will we run the ball more, or just torch them with now having Hyatt, McCoy, Keyton, AND Tillman?

not saying they are bad or anything but their numbers are propped up bc they havent played a single dynamic offense.

You can say Ole Miss but they run 60 something percent of the time i bet.

It's going to suck losing Hyatt, but if Heupel can get a WR from having 0 impact one season to a first round pick the next, then everybody who wants to catch footballs for a living are going to be calling Tennessee.

its been 2 games.

never say never. stock is rising though.

Also i cant wait to see the talented guys who want to come to UT via the portal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back