Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel your pain, also married to a Dawg. If he doesn’t give it a rest I may have to send him to GA to live with his fellow Dawgs for a while. Hate to think what life will be like if they win more than once every 40ish years.
Did he show you the video of “Kirby’s new helicopter” and “the parade”?!?
1642313927220.gif

I do not know if Barnes should be fired or not and I like Barnes. But this is his team and they are bad. It looks like they are regressing every game. I got blasted last week for saying this team will be lucky to make the tournament and I stand by this. they are 2-3 since I made that statement and they have more losses coming. This team has not 1 player that can take over a game and go get points and no big man. These are his players and they are not good. Imagine how bad they would be if they did not have Vescovi.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
I do not know if Barnes should be fired or not and I like Barnes. But this is his team and they are bad. It looks like they are regressing every game. I got blasted last week for saying this team will be lucky to make the tournament and I stand by this. they are 2-3 since I made that statement and they have more losses coming. This team has not 1 player that can take over a game and go get points and no big man. These are his players and they are not good. Imagine how bad they would be if they did not have Vescovi.

This team gels on defense, but not on offense. Half the time, they act like they're scared to shoot, unless it's a 3-point shot, in which case it's bombs away. No one seems to want to drive to the basket. And I don't understand that. KC is such a dynamic player, but he doesn't play to his strengths. It makes zero sense.

It's hard for me to believe Barnes is coaching them to play like this, but he's obviously not fixing it.

It's frustrating, but Barnes is our coach until he chooses to walk away or does something really, really bad. And I think the former more likely than the latter.

One thing I will say, I think Coach Barnes seems like a really good guy and represents Tennessee extremely well, but for some reason, he's struggling to get his teams to play up to their talent.

If Covid didn't throw a wrench in everything Banchero and Jabari Smith was coming with Chandler and Maschack. Man how different perception of Barnes would be right now. Tough luck for us 🙄
Missed out on Harrison Ingram and Mutumbo too. Bcuz of all the swing and misses by Barnes is why he got BHH to reclassify and took Tamba, Aidoo and QD. He’s already struck out on all the top dogs this class too

While last class was still rated great and we’ve landed some high rated players, Barnes got beat In recruiting pretty bad. Imo losing both assistants really hurt him

Reactions: Jackcrevol
Loses to lsu, Bama and UK aren’t stopping us from getting in the tournament. We’re still in the top 15 on kenpom and the NET rankings haven’t been updated yet but we’ll likely be around 15
Also, we were 9 before today. Unless we start losing to the candy’s and South Carolina’s we’ll still be playing in march

Loses to lsu, Bama and UK aren’t stopping us from getting in the tournament. We’re still in the top 15 on kenpom and the NET rankings haven’t been updated yet but we’ll likely be around 15
Also, we were 9 before today. Unless we start losing to the candy’s and South Carolina’s we’ll still be playing in march
No those 3 games will not stop them I agree but those 3 games are not the only games they are going to lose. I would like to think they wont lose another game but we all know they will. Where was TN 2 weeks ago on kenpom ? asking because were they not around 10. Seems like that was what I seen posted.

Missed out on Harrison Ingram and Mutumbo too. Bcuz of all the swing and misses by Barnes is why he got BHH to reclassify and took Tamba, Aidoo and QD. He’s already struck out on all the top dogs this class too

While last class was still rated great and we’ve landed some high rated players, Barnes got beat In recruiting pretty bad. Imo losing both assistants really hurt him
Missed out on Kessler too.

Hard to have an honest conversation on the subject without hurting someone's feelings and being called a racist or a bigot.
masks and Vax....
Hard to have an honest conversation on the subject without hurting someone's feelings and being called a leftist or a commie.

Having only a hand full of channels, entertainment was sparse on the tube back in the day but some of the most hilarious comedy we watched was Amos and Andy !

It's on Prime. My wife and I have been watching it and are in season 3. Man I laugh out loud every episode. It's unbelievable the things they said in this show that would never be allowed on TV today. Much like Blazing Saddles, but they don't go that far.
I’ve only watched a few episodes, but will have to check it out! My wife and I are huge Office fans. Even that show wouldn’t be allowed on TV today. The Diversity Day episode alone would have gotten NBC boycotted!

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol

this all day. watching kessler and smith is painful.

6 tourney wins since 2008. SIX! SEIS! .500 winning percentage in the SEC without Grant Williams. Recruiting has tanked. 5 Million a year. 68 years old.
They
Keep singing his praises though.
I liked Barnes hire that's what we needed at the time. Don't think he's progressing with the game. He's riding saddle horses in a race horse game. Turn the studs loose let them make some mistakes. You've got to let the guys run free to get comfortable They seem afraid to make a mistake.

I think the 5 star talent is part of the problem. They come in and play like freshman. All the talent in the world but good for multiple mistakes per game. They either are good and go pro or stink and here for four years. It’s hard to have chemistry when the team turns over so quick.
Yup. Thats why Im excited we landed multiple big time 4*s last class. Those are the guys Barnes can develop over time and we could be a force in a couple years.

Not sold on the 5* heavy strategy with 1 and done...that's not what baylor, nova, zags have really done and teams like UK have been meh since their top top top classes years ago. You need an INSANE class to pull it off and even then, like the Duke Zion class...no guarantees. I'll be fine if we just start landing a bunch of top 40-200 guys and develop them honestly.

Florida just got a transfer CB from georgia, and, they're head coach last coached Louisiana. Are we being selective or is it just that bad?

Wth is going with the defensive cruiting and portal?
Who knows, I’m right there with you though. It’s concerning no doubt. I’m wondering if these kids are not feeling our defense so to speak? A LOT of playing time.

Reactions: OrangenSC
That show couldn't be made today. TV execs would lose their minds.

Have you seen It's Always Sunny? Or Southpark? Or a number of other recent comedies. And A LOT of the HBO and Showtime stuff too...though it's not cable per se so a bit different.

A lot of stuff today would've never been aired in the past.

Who knows, I’m right there with you though. It’s concerning no doubt. I’m wondering if these kids are not feeling our defense so to speak? A LOT of playing time.
It isnt the coaches. Hard to argue with RG & WM's success and experience. There's something up. You think its the investigation?

Seems like to me if there's a way to negative recruit Tennessee seems to receive floggings while Florida's Kensuckee's et al receive hand slaps.

Reactions: OrangenSC
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back