Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to have an honest conversation on the subject without hurting someone's feelings and being called a racist or a bigot.
That's what's so funny about this show. They make fun of everyone. I just watched one of the episodes that had the Jeffersons in it too. Archie hates George, and George hates Archie. It was hilarious. People take themselves too seriously these days.

We haven't been competitive against anyone with a pulse this season.

But I'm talking about Barnes' tenure here. This team has not gotten better since Williams left. Not at all. That's in spite of the great recruiting Barnes has done.

The first sentence is way off. The second paragraph is not really wrong.

That's what's so funny about this show. They make fun of everyone. I just watched one of the episodes that had the Jeffersons in it too. Archie hates George, and George hates Archie. It was hilarious. People take themselves too seriously these days.
George hating Archie is acceptable and understandable. Archie hating George is racism and makes him a horrible person. At least by today's standards. I'll leave it at that, other than to say NO ONE should be judged by the color of their skin.

George hating Archie is acceptable and understandable. Archie hating George is racism and makes him a horrible person. At least by today's standards. I'll leave it at that, other than to say NO ONE should be judged by the color of their skin.
giphy.gif

I am paralyzed by being able to see both sides of the Barnes issue. I personally think he should stay here until he wants to leave unless he is missing multiple NCAA tournaments in a row. As long as we are making the dance I am content to keep him. We are not a program with a lot of historical success in basketball and if we are making the tourney pretty much every year I think we shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth.

But I understand the other perspective. It is frustrating that we haven't been able to capitalize on the success of the 2017-2019 period. We've recruited extremely well and it doesn't feel like that potential is being maximized. There's no reason Auburn or Alabama can go deep in the tournament and we can't. I agree with all of that.

I've just watched us fiddle around and make things appreciably worse because we ran out of patience way too quickly. I think that's why I come down on the pro-Barnes side. If things fall apart and we miss the tournament this year, with all of this talent and returning production, then I think the next year his seat is going to be hot.
I have to admit I’ve been on the fire Barnes train since Ole Miss, because that game, even though we won, was a major red flag/eye sore for me. But your post has honestly caused me to sit and think. I am being completely reactionary here and, as you said, that’s what screwed our football program. So thank you for calming the nerves!

Or it may have been the 4 glasses of bourbon…either way, this post caused me to think!

I know we can't, but I wish we could have a recruiting forum politics talk just because there's a lot I'd like to say about a lot of issues but I have absolutely no desire to wade into the swamp that is the Politics forum.

I know we can't, but I wish we could have a recruiting forum politics talk just because there's a lot I'd like to say about a lot of issues but I have absolutely no desire to wade into the swamp that is the Politics forum.
You can tell me. I won't tell Frank

Last edited:
Is it streaming on any site?
It's on Prime. My wife and I have been watching it and are in season 3. Man I laugh out loud every episode. It's unbelievable the things they said in this show that would never be allowed on TV today. Much like Blazing Saddles, but they don't go that far.

So was Sheriron Jones.

Anyone can be a real and motivational player and a leader. Just have spirit and fire. May not mean anything as a player, but it's good to have those guys.

Barnes is also pressing buttons here I'm sure...he needs one of the starters to lead.
Speaking of Sheriron, I ran across this article a couple days ago. Strange stuff…

Ex-Lobo QB Jones acquitted in indecent exposure case

Better than last year and the year before, absolutely.

Better than arguably the best team we’ve had in the last two decades? No.

They also lost Kyle & Bone off that same team. I think Covid and Turner injury put us further behind the rebuild from losing that entire squad.

The SEC has also improved a lot since that team.
As of rn we’re not better than last year. We are the exact same. That’s with 4 upper class men in the starting lineup, the best PG and a 5* coming off the bench

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back