Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is pathetically misstated to fit your agenda against Barnes. He left Clemson after year 4 to go to Texas which was viewed as a step up. Clemson was never going to be more than a second tier ACC team. At Tejas, his year 4 record was 22-12; he only had EIGHT (8) seasons with better records over the following 13 seasons. Two of which he took tejas to EE. Too bad the facts don't fit your agenda but that doesn't stop your rants.

Personally I think he doesn't like the current landscape of CBB and wouldn't be surprised to see him retire. If son, I have confidence in White to make a good hire based on his track records and respect he has in the coaching community. Think it will be an "up n comer"
I hope he retires after this season

If I ever had to pick a random good, but not great team to make a run it would be based on this:

1) Great PG
2) Shoot a lot of 3s (up the variance)
3) Great D

Not saying it is at all likely, but that's the kind of team that CAN go on a run. Let it fly, play D...top notch PG.
Yeah..that's what I meant, this team is one of those kind of teams...they get hot for a few days in March and it changes everything.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
The Portal is like Free Agency in the NFL.
How many NFL teams sign "big time" free agents and then don't do squat? Yes, Tampa Bay did last year, but that is an anomaly.
You build through the draft....and recruiting. JMO
Then they leave....we have to be successful playing the portal game to compete. It is what it is.

I hate this dumb 💩

Oh wait, I forgot...

FAHR BAHRNES!!! HAHR SUPER COACH!! AND DO IT NOW!
6 tourney wins since 2008. SIX! SEIS! .500 winning percentage in the SEC without Grant Williams. Recruiting has tanked. 5 Million a year. 68 years old.

Keep singing his praises though.

Looks like I’ve Upset a Barnes guy, it’s alright Steve will keep winning while we flounder with 5 stars getting hammered by Bammer, LSU and Auburn. Barnes is a solid person but the paycheck and results look a bit daunting
Fahr Bahrnes! Hire Super Coach...or another schmuck making less money than Bahrnes so we don't have that to bitch and whine about anymore.

I have crewed a sailing ship, three mast monohull. Had a blast. Unless we are boarding and pillaging vessels on the high seas, I was leaning towards a relaxed vacation, not a working vacation… 🏴‍☠️
Yea, I understand. I‘ve done countless charter trips and for-hire yacht deliveries and hold a USCG 100 Ton Master/STCW. Sometimes the relaxation is worth a lot more than the adventure, especially when you’re celebrating special occasions with family and friends.

tenor.gif

Reactions: utvolmaniac
I’m not joining in on the “fahr Barnes” wagon, but I’m not going to defend him either. Fair or unfair, his little dalliance with UCLA cost him a lot of goodwill he could use during these rough patches.
I bet UCLA is very thankful they didn't hire him

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back