Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgot to point out - implicit in your comment is this concept that a Super Coach is out there that our athletics department failed to call. Lol.
Is that the fall back that you have? What in the world are you trying to say? Danny Whitr hired Leopold, Hurley, Oats, Frost, Heupel, Dawkins,Abrahamson-Henderson….He nailed every single hire that he was apart of……people has issues with Barnes bc he has an obvious ceiling as a head coach…. He will be good enough to get us into the tournament most years but no real shot of winning something of significance…..he is enigma bc there are plenty of several coaches that have more potential than Barnes but we could also do much, much worse than Barnes.

Is that the fall back that you have? What in the world are you trying to say? Danny Whitr hired Leopold, Hurley, Oats, Frost, Heupel, Dawkins,Abrahamson-Henderson….He nailed every single hire that he was apart of……people has issues with Barnes bc he has an obvious ceiling as a head coach…. He will be good enough to get us into the tournament most years but no real shot of winning something of significance…..he is enigma bc there are plenty of several coaches that have more potential than Barnes but we could also do much, much worse than Barnes.
Tennessee is done firing guys. Barnes will leave on his own terms when he wants to.

Like I always say, when theres a reason to be positive I will. You wont hear me say anything bad about baseball right now.
You will just wait until Tony V doesn't: A) win the SEC championship or B) win the CWS... otherwise you will start the "he can't win the big one" monologue.

I’m not sure some of you pay attention. BHH logged at least 14 minutes in every cupcake game, including 19 minutes twice and 23 minutes against UNC.

We played a tough non conference schedule, and he’s played less and less as we got into conference play.
Shhhh.... that doesn't fit the narrative.

To make it in the NCAAT, yes you can (if that’s the question?) History says so.

If they beat Mizzou, South Carolina, and Vandy on the road with good home wins, it’s fine for making the NCAAT.
It's not really a question... At least as far as I'm concerned.

I agree with you as far as our path is concerned.

But we're putting ourselves in a precarious position by not only losing these games but looking bad in the process.

The path is still there. Not disagreeing with you on that.

Reactions: VolGee4
it won’t suprise me if Barnes retires in next 2-3 years. The new NIL landscape and Transfer Portal makes it hard for the old school coaches set in their ways. There is a reason they are all retiring. It’s clearly killing Barnes in this class not getting into the NIL game. He can’t land anyone
If Covid didn't throw a wrench in everything Banchero and Jabari Smith was coming with Chandler and Maschack. Man how different perception of Barnes would be right now. Tough luck for us 🙄

I recall that year Counzo made a deep run

fans were writing petitions to fire him by late Jan, then the team rocketed off to the Sweet 16 and Counzo skipped town shortly thereafter

Not saying I want Counzo back but am saying our fan base is filled with many impatient nutcases

Nah, you missed the part where I said the problem with Barnes isnt getting there, its showing he can get back. He peaked at Clemson in year 3, stayed one more year then left. He peaked at TX in year 4 then could never get back to that level, he has peaked at TN in year 4. Hes gotta show he can get back.
This is pathetically misstated to fit your agenda against Barnes. He left Clemson after year 4 to go to Texas which was viewed as a step up. Clemson was never going to be more than a second tier ACC team. At Tejas, his year 4 record was 22-12; he only had EIGHT (8) seasons with better records over the following 13 seasons. Two of which he took tejas to EE. Too bad the facts don't fit your agenda but that doesn't stop your rants.

Personally I think he doesn't like the current landscape of CBB and wouldn't be surprised to see him retire. If son, I have confidence in White to make a good hire based on his track records and respect he has in the coaching community. Think it will be an "up n comer"

If you really believe that then you are sadly mistaken. You don’t achiever success in college football without cheating in every way possible. TN just sucks at cheating.

The moral high ground crap is for losers. I don’t care if we cheat as bad or worse than any team in the country. I just want to win.
The reason that cheating exists is because people put down the image of the regulating organization.

You are correct that everyone cheats in the SEC and it has developed into the WWE. The game has no credibility anymore. People are realizing it is not about student athletes or academics, but money and paper championships. Push this circus out into a farm league and let the NFL and ESPN pay for it. Athletics no longer adds anything to the images of the universities.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back