Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
It took me till Late Friday to give a couple of them away in a good section with a pass. Now, they are saying renovations are complicated and may be raising the cost for seats on the west end. I'm about ready to stay at home. I will always pull for them but I am probably going to lower my donations and do enough just to keep what I have in basketball. I can spend less money and still get great seats and only go when I want to and just sit in seats I've been either giving away or eating them for nothing.

Renos keep changing. There's some donor friction. Some people are wanting to reallocate funds to other sports and facilities, and pushback isn't well-received. You've probably experienced this if you've tried to shift giving. Issues with My All, too-- not at all surprising.

That one deep throw from Hooker I almost laughed. It looked like he labored so hard to toss the ball 40 yds in the air
what wood yens rather hve? 110 mph dart into the stands...literally hit no open receivers. zip. Or spaghetti noodle that can create plays with legs, and hits receivers? its a brianer.

what wood yens rather hve? 110 mph dart into the stands...literally hit no open receivers. zip. Or spaghetti noodle that can create plays with legs, and hits receivers? its a brianer.
I was referring to having HB throw instead of Hooker lol he doesn’t struggle to throw the ball.

Do yens feel dumb now?

Let’s just support our new coach and the QB that plays
Guys going into his third game with us and has drastically improved the team over what he was given
You can’t tell me what you e watched so far hasn’t been more entertaining then anything we’ve seen in awhile
Gotta give the guy a chance and see where we are after next year

Let’s just support our new coach and the QB that plays
Guys going into his third game with us and has drastically improved the team over what he was given
You can’t tell me what you e watched so far hasn’t been more entertaining then anything we’ve seen in awhile
Gotta give the guy a chance and see where we are after next year
Eff Huepel, imma fittin' tah terk my money to Bama.

stop messin' with mah head ya Zollicoffer!
Honestly I just worry about HB if the pocket collapses. But, if he makes the reads the ball should be out before that happens anyways so…. Really screw it, put the kid in and let him Ball out. Can’t be any worse than the other two….

Or it's because he isn't mobile and we don't have a great OL.

Or it's because Milton is practice Cam Newton but is game JG.
I think Milton should start against Tennessee Tech if healthy. Guess I'm hoping for a Cromptonesque turn around. Would love to see each QB get at least a quarter of work. If Bailey does play he will probably look great considering it's Tennessee Tech. I'm sure the position won't be settled for good until after the Florida game or later.

If he doesn't fit in this offense, I believe his best bet is to enter the portal and step down to a lower level and try to find his path to the NFL. It's not gonna do him any good riding the pine at UT when he may have a better chance to start in a pro style offense.
I think he can fit in the offense going forward, just not sure he does this year. I think we need the dual threat to get the run game going and help with the pass rush.

Reactions: Batman1948
That is an elite throw

All I’m saying is, we make it sound this offense is only tailored towards Milton and Hooker, but if that’s true, then explain Missouri and Locke? I’ll keep saying it....there is no way that Locke is that much faster than Bailey, if at all.

If Bailey looks bad in practice, then his practice squad receivers must be trash the secondary must look like all stars. Like wtf? Does he not hustle? I just don’t get how he’s that bad. He outperformed every QB we had last year.

To me, it’s looking like Heupel feels comfortable with Seniors out there. Comfortable won’t get him anywhere in this league.

They will have to build separate game plans for the two. I say give Milton another shot and see if he can build some confidence and chemistry with the WRs. There’s so many choice and option routes on this offense that’s it’s bound to take time to get on the same page.
Agree, think it’s a bit tough to judge anybody based on such a limited sample size in a new offense with new receivers/Rb’s. I mean 1.5 games (milton) or .5 game (hooker). Let’s see if milton can start connecting going forward and at least we have a capable backup in hooker worst case.

Still think milton gives this offense the highest ceiling if he can start connecting. If that means we can steal a win or two that the other couldn’t, I think you have stick with him through Florida at least. He’s making the right reads for the most part just needs to hit a couple to gain some confidence.

And Covid has exacerbated the problem. People couldn't go so they discovered life without UT football, live in Neyland. 80" TVs, a comfy recliner, AC and heat, a full kitchen and bar all created their own luxury suite. Not to mention saving $200-$300 and an 8 hr day made it a viable solution.

Older fans can't go, younger fans don't want to, families can't afford to-- that's the scenario nobody wants. And yet...

All I’m saying is, we make it sound this offense is only tailored towards Milton and Hooker, but if that’s true, then explain Missouri and Locke? I’ll keep saying it....there is no way that Locke is that muncher faster than Bailey, if at all.

If Bailey looks bad in practice, then his practice squad receivers must be trash the secondary must look like all stars. Like wtf? Does he not hustle? I just don’t get how he’s that bad. He outperformed every QB we had last year.

To me, it’s looking like Heupel feels comfortable with Seniors out there. Comfortable won’t get him anywhere in this league.
It doesn't make sense to me. People are telling me not to believe my eyes. My eyes saw him as the best QB on our roster last year, yet they played JG. My eyes saw him be far better than what Hooker and Milton have shown us in the spring game, and yet he isn't playing. I don't know what it is. I do know that he actually has the ability to pass the football and the other two guys do not. My eyes have seen it

How then did Milton ever get to a 4* type ranking if he can't throw the dang ball? Hooker was a high 4* and the #11 Dual-threat coming out of high school... ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back