Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s not even in the same solar system with some of his throws. It’s unbelievable. He’s a dude that can throw the football but he is no QB.

Did you expect cam Newton? If Milton was a perfect QB he wouldn’t have transferred from Michigan. He works hard and won the job despite being around the coaches less than our other QBs.

He’s the only QB that gives you the element of really stretching the field. That’s a big deal when your entire DNA on offense is built around creating space. I think they could build a much more sustainable offense around Hooker and his legs much like Kentucky did recently with Wilson and Bowden, but it looks to me like the coaches put a lot of value on vertical stretches and i understand why.

Until it doesn't

Negativity and doubt in this program rule

I think Milton should get another shot. But we all know, because nothing nice happens to us.... that he won't.

Then Hooker is the guy. Turns the ball over. Can't throw it against SEC teams. But does well enough for us to lose to Mizzou.

Then we will see Bailey and he will be good enough, but its too late and we are already 5-7.

Until something actually good happens we shouldn't hope for a damn thing.

It's 5-7 or worse til it's not.

We are cursed at QB until we aren't.

I mean Heupel has such an incredible track record with QB's. He was a great QB and still we have a damn controversy. It's unbelievable.
We will always have controversy bc it is fab driven….. there is no controversy in JH mind….. He may give Milton another shot but if he doesn’t…. He will move right down his depth chart until he gets to a QB that can/will do the job.

Reactions: BennesseeVols
Did you expect cam Newton? If Milton was a perfect QB he wouldn’t have transferred from Michigan. He works hard and won the job despite being around the coaches less than our other QBs.

He’s the only QB that gives you the element of really stretching the field. That’s a big deal when your entire DNA on offense is built around creating space. I think they could build a much more sustainable offense around Hooker and his legs much like Kentucky did recently with Wilson and Bowden, but it looks to me like the coaches put a lot of value on vertical stretches and i understand why.
Wilson and Bowden🤮

I’m still convinced that Heupel is much further along than Pruitt in 2017, Butch in 2013, and Dooley in 2010.

Team already appears bought in and is playing hard for him.

Plus, a good chunk of the fanbase already distrusts his decision-making and wants him fired.

It’s really amazing!
Yep. Already saw a 'Fire Josh Heupel' fan account on Twitter.

Reactions: Revived2002
No reflection on HB, but why are we down on Hooker as a passer? Had he played the entire game he would've been close to 300 yards. Yes, he threw a pick, but that hasn't been a big issue for him historically. He completed 65% and 2 TDs. Not the worst performance, and he can run. What am I missing?
Nothing. The fact that HB threw a few touchdowns to and against some walk ons in the Spring game.

Reactions: VolByLaw

Maybe I just think this offense looks like I put it together lol. I’m like you, Hooker seems the more sustainable approach. But I remember at the beginning of the year I thought Milton would best showcase this offense to recruits. Feels like an audition for the future.

Nothing. The fact that HB threw a few touchdowns to and against some walk ons in the Spring game.
He also threw a TD to Velus Jones and completed other passes against our first team defense. This notion he was only throwing to walk ons is disingenuous

Milton literally kept the Pitt game from being a blow out and played like crap two weeks straight and people still want him to be QB1. It is astonishing.
There was a lot more than him that kept the game from being a blow out. You have to give him credit for getting us to the 5 before the penalties left 4 points on the board.

Milton literally kept the Pitt game from being a blow out and played like crap two weeks straight and people still want him to be QB1. It is astonishing.

At this point, I don't pretend to be a top notch QB coach. I'll let Heupel sort that out. If he still feels Milton gives us the best chance to win and can sort it out, let's roll with Milton. What I am sure of is following the fans lead and making 'knee jerk' coaching decisions week after week is not a winning formula.

That said, I am confused by how Milton still has the problem with 'over throws' and Hooker did look good in many aspects. Long story short, I'll just trust in the staff for now.

Never forget!

Bailey sucks!!!!

I’ve been saying for so long - HB just throws the ball as hard as it NEEDS to be thrown. All the “the ball floats” and arm strength questions are false. Dude has above average arm strength. His release may not be Aaron Rodgers, but who cares if he puts the ball where it needs to be? I’m tired of running QBs who can’t pass. Accuracy >>>>> Mobility

No reflection on HB, but why are we down on Hooker as a passer? Had he played the entire game he would've been close to 300 yards. Yes, he threw a pick, but that hasn't been a big issue for him historically. He completed 65% and 2 TDs. Not the worst performance, and he can run. What am I missing?
Maybe spoiled by Milton, but his arm seemed weak. Pitt defense wasn't that good, so we didn't need to stretch the field to move the ball (and I wish coaches had stuck to the short stuff for Milton). I think against a good defense it'll be more obvious but he can't get the ball to the sideline quickly and he doesn't seem to be able to stretch the field. We'll see, could just be the contrast to Milton.

Reactions: SSVol
Just want to let everyone know that Milton had only around 4000 yards passing in his HS career. That’s who we are riding our hopes on that he can change.

Career HS completion percentage: 50%
Career @ Michigan completion percentage: 50%

“hE wiLl gEt iT cLeAneD uP”
HB: 11,316 yards, 65% completion

How about we put Jimmy Calloway at QB? That would be Bowden.

I’ve been saying for so long - HB just throws the ball as hard as it NEEDS to be thrown. All the “the ball floats” and arm strength questions are false. Dude has above average arm strength. His release may not be Aaron Rodgers, but who cares if he puts the ball where it needs to be? I’m tired of running QBs who can’t pass. Accuracy >>>>> Mobility
He’s largely been written off and it’s criminal. He deserves as much chance as anyone. If he gets put in later in the season and plays well sadly fans will count that as a strike against him. They shouldn’t. I really like what Heupel has done so far but we know it will happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back