Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else think that modern day philosophy of no or limited contact is what is hurting these coaches in finding THE right guy? At several places coaches are finding out in game 2/3 that they picked the wrong guy.

Washington St went with Jg and clearly his backup has proven to be best choice after Jg injury.

Texas had Feldman hyping up Hudson Card so bad in preseason to justify why they were starting him over the Thompson kid that looked like a star in relief last yr in the bowl game comeback. Now card is benched after two terrible games.

TX Am pick King and he is awful before Calzada comes in and save the day late.

Florida starting Jones over Richardson who is clearly the more dangerous QB.

Washington starting a horrible QB over the 5 star freshman.

I’m sure there are plenty more situations but like Milton all these dudes looking good knowing they aren’t getting live bullets and everything is scripted but in heat of battle things get cloudy

On a separate note if Arkansas doesn’t find a QB that can throw better than KJ the TX upset hype will be short lived once they hit SEC play.

Anyone else think that modern day philosophy of no or limited contact is what is hurting these coaches in finding THE right guy? At several places coaches are finding out in game 2/3 that they picked the wrong guy.

Washington St went with Jg and clearly his backup has proven to be best choice after Jg injury.

Texas had Feldman hyping up Hudson Card so bad in preseason to justify why they were starting him over the Thompson kid that looked like a star in relief last yr in the bowl game comeback. Now card is benched after two terrible games.

TX Am pick King and he is awful before Calzada comes in and save the day late.

Florida starting Jones over Richardson who is clearly the more dangerous QB.

Washington starting a horrible QB over the 5 star freshman.

I’m sure there are plenty more situations but like Milton all these dudes looking good knowing they aren’t getting live bullets and everything is scripted but in heat of battle things get cloudy

On a separate note if Arkansas doesn’t find a QB that can throw better than KJ the TX upset hype will be short lived once they hit SEC play.
Coaches are scared to death to start guys with less experience. We saw it with HB last year.

Coaches are scared to death to start guys with less experience. We saw it with HB last year.

Coaches don't play guys that they don't trust. That goes back when sports began. Sometimes, they have to figure out that guys don't perform in games as they do in practice, and that's not easy to do.

This is what Heup is trying to prevent from happening. The HC screwed up the QB situation from day 1 and he had his real man setting on the bench this entire time. The HC will have to admit that he screwed up is not a good look for him, especially a supposed to be a QB and offensive guru.
Come on man...no need for that "supposed to be" garbage. I understand why he picked Milton.

I do think that Bailey’s lack of running ability is the biggest reason he’s not playing. I definitely think you’re onto something there
If he doesn't fit in this offense, I believe his best bet is to enter the portal and step down to a lower level and try to find his path to the NFL. It's not gonna do him any good riding the pine at UT when he may have a better chance to start in a pro style offense.

Against TTU, we'll see at least 2 QBs. They may even give Bailey some reps.

I think it's a balancing act... cause they want to use Bailey's RS so he doesn't burn the RS unless he has to because of injuries. So ya sit him in as many games as you can.

Pretty sure he can appear in a total of 4 games before it's burned.

Reactions: JacketVol
If he doesn't fit in this offense, I believe his best bet is to enter the portal and step down to a lower level and try to find his path to the NFL. It's not gonna do him any good riding the pine at UT when he may have a better chance to start in a pro style offense.

If he does leave then I’d love to see him at WKU.

Hell even Arkansas St. leads the nation in passing yards.

Top passing offenses right now are those two teams. I think both would be perfect for him.

Against TTU, we'll see at least 2 QBs. They may even give Bailey some reps.

I think it's a balancing act... cause they want to use Bailey's RS so he doesn't burn the RS unless he has to because of injuries. So ya sit him in as many games as you can.

Pretty sure he can appear in a total of 4 games before it's burned.

I'd give Milton the start one more time. If he's still overthrowing guys left and right (he will) I'm done with him at QB and playing Hooker and HB the rest of the game.

Went in cold and played better than I expected.
what_she_said_office.gif

Chaney didn’t want HB so i don’t know if him moving to a “pro style” offense is his best bet. I just don’t believe he’s a sec caliber starting QB from an athletic standpoint. Doesn’t mean he can’t become a productive elsewhere tho.

Play all 3. Give HH and HB more PT and get game film for a fair comparison. Give the other 2-- especially HB-- time to work through things, find their rhythm and see if they can sync with the receivers.

UT planned to play all 3 QBs in the first game, but it didn't go as expected. So take advantage of a second opportunity Saturday to see what we've got, then make the best decision for the personnel and situation we have. SEC's gonna be tough. We'll probably need them all.

I'd give Milton the start one more time. If he's still overthrowing guys left and right (he will) I'm done with him at QB and playing Hooker and HB the rest of the game.
They will have to build separate game plans for the two. I say give Milton another shot and see if he can build some confidence and chemistry with the WRs. There’s so many choice and option routes on this offense that’s it’s bound to take time to get on the same page.

Chaney didn’t want HB so i don’t know if him moving to a “pro style” offense is his best bet. I just don’t believe he’s a sec caliber starting QB from an athletic standpoint. Doesn’t mean he can’t become a productive elsewhere tho.
WKU would be a great place for him. He would put up video game numbers.

Hell Butch has Arkansas St. passing game over 1000 yards already.

Either of those teams would make him a stud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back