Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so we’ll start over in 5-6 years. Better? Regardless of the # of years you put on it, he’s still just a “filler” or “stop gap” coach.

If that is all he ends up being then we will be bottom dwellers in the SEC 20 plus more years. No one wanted this job worth a dang and no one will want it again.

Milton chose to go to Michigan and Harbaugh over many top schools. He chose to stay there 3 years. Does that not speak to his state of mind and personal ability to analyze? They are related, bud.

If you actually review his recruitment, the final 5 schools on the list included Michigan, Florida, and 3 scrubs. Any other offers were most likely not committable. Mullen took Emory Jones, who was rated higher. My guess is Michigan was the best offer he had when it came time.

I know it’s frustrating, but fans discuss it like they know better. All I can say is that I saw more competent coaching yesterday than I have in 4 years. So, I trust they will figure it out.

Seats are empty because UT is having trouble selling tix even with creative packaging and bargain bin prices. A lot of season tix holders can't even give them away. My parents had six to give away outside Neyland and no one wanted them. My dad left them outside the stadium with a note. No one used them.

Fan and donor apathy has been growing for a while. COVID has cloaked it. If you're looking for a silver lining, families who want to take their kids to a game can benefit from cheap or free tix.

It took me till Late Friday to give a couple of them away in a good section with a pass. Now, they are saying renovations are complicated and may be raising the cost for seats on the west end. I'm about ready to stay at home. I will always pull for them but I am probably going to lower my donations and do enough just to keep what I have in basketball. I can spend less money and still get great seats and only go when I want to and just sit in seats I've been either giving away or eating them for nothing.

I'm still positive after yesterday. We were not given any "gifts" yesterday like some are saying. Anything we got, we earned. Pitt on the other hand was handed multiple gifts by the refs alone. We then handed them gifts in absurd penalties.

Saying this offense is weak is foolish. From 2019 through this year only 4 teams have put over 34 points on Pitt. One was Clemson, one was Notre Dame, and 2 were from Heupel (UCF and UT).

We went against a very dominant defense yesterday, killed ourselves in penalties, sub par QB play, they had the refs wiping their A** for them, we were projected to lose by everyone that matters, had a 3-0 turnover deficit, we lacked some of our best impact players, Pitt made almost no mistakes, and despite practically handing them the game we took it to the wire and put 34 points on the board.

If our players execute like a highly seasoned Pitt team loaded with super seniors, that game is a blowout in our favor.

We may have lost, but there is a lot to look forward to. Some of y'all need to chill out.

If you actually review his recruitment, the final 5 schools on the list included Michigan, Florida, and 3 scrubs. Any other offers were most likely not committable. Mullen took Emory Jones, who was rated higher. My guess is Michigan was the best offer he had when it came time.

I know it’s frustrating, but fans discuss it like they know better. All I can say is that I saw more competent coaching yesterday than I have in 4 years. So, I trust they will figure it out.

I agree on the coaching. For example, Special Teams were special. I am hoping to see some major adjustments going forward. I have a lot of confidence in DC Banks and that staff. They just need to focus on front four pressure - they are giving the opponent QB too much time. Heup needs to be realistic and adjust the O to what he has until he has what he needs to run his full O.

So you are saying most of the teams listed in the link below were not committable? Source for that?

Joe Milton - Football Recruiting - Player Profiles - ESPN

I agree on the coaching. For example, Special Teams were special. I am hoping to see some major adjustments going forward. I have a lot of confidence in DC Banks and that staff. They just need to focus on front four pressure - they are giving the opponent QB too much time. Heup needs to be realistic and adjust the O to what he has until he has what he needs to run his full O.
People keep saying stuff like that but we scored the 2nd most points against that defense the past two years.

Last edited:

So you are saying most of the teams listed in the link below were not committable? Source for that?

Joe Milton - Football Recruiting - Player Profiles - ESPN

In looking back, maybe the other schools were alphabetical. But he committed in May, 2017. UF was after Jones, and FSU was a mess.

Milton is quoted as saying that Pep Hamilton treated him as more than just a recruit. He liked Michigan’s academics and may have actually graduated. Just reviewing it, I just don’t think he was going to any other place like UGA, LSU, or the like. UGA took Fields. We all know those offers don’t mean you can actually go there. Anyway, at this point, it doesn’t matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back