Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
The other question you have to ask yourself. Would you rather the QB making the right reads but missing the throw OR the QB who makes the throw but often misses the read (and may throw into bad spots)?

I know one thing that I've heard about HB that concerns me a little bit is the phrase "a very catchable ball" that sounds like coach talk for slow/soft. And those throws turn into pick 6s when throwing to single coverage to the boundary.

Reactions: yourstruly23
Chaney didn’t want HB so i don’t know if him moving to a “pro style” offense is his best bet. I just don’t believe he’s a sec caliber starting QB from an athletic standpoint. Doesn’t mean he can’t become a productive elsewhere tho.
I’m not sure I get this take much. I get he’s not an all world athlete but if he gets the ball to open receivers who cares how athletic he is? Not saying he can do that and you know a lot more than I do. I’m just curious.

They will have to build separate game plans for the two. I say give Milton another shot and see if he can build some confidence and chemistry with the WRs. There’s so many choice and option routes on this offense that’s it’s bound to take time to get on the same page.

IMO Milton is who he is. He's not going to change. He will have one or two great throws where we go YES FINALLY settling in! Followed by 12 wide open overthrows. Every. Single. Time.

Chaney didn’t want HB so i don’t know if him moving to a “pro style” offense is his best bet. I just don’t believe he’s a sec caliber starting QB from an athletic standpoint. Doesn’t mean he can’t become a productive elsewhere tho.

Chaney didn’t want vegetables and look how that turned out

Two interesting things I got from that:
1. He says several times that "we are in a race to be as good as we can as fast as we can."

2. Not surprisingly, when he took the job, the players wanted a connection with their coaches that they weren't getting. As Heupel said, "we want real relationships with our players. When you have to coach them up on the field, they understand it's coming from a place of love."

Definitely a good read.

How disappointing is it going to be IF and it’s a big IF the Florida game is like a 7-10 point game and we have wide receivers running wide open all day and can’t connect. Would be awful.
IF we get all our guys back and healthy, that very well could be the case. At least for a bit before depth kills us.

Reactions: KPT_VFL
I actually think Bailey would work better if the OL was better. I am afraid he would get broke behind these guys...I don't know what is the deal with him, everybody here bitching at me for believing in him actually made me doubt him.

Somebody in here brought up Danny Weurfel as a comparison, but that dude was made of rubber or something, he was the toughest sob I ever watched us play..to this day he is the only Gator I have real respect for.

I saw him his SR year take the worst beating I have ever witnessed us give an opposing player, and the dude stood in there and shredded us..pass after pinpoint pass after pass after pass right as he was getting hammered..my hat is still off to him for that game.

I don't know if HB is up to that, and he would have to be.

He faces the same problem Robert Hubbs faced at UT. Fans see a recruiting service place a label (5-star) on a recruit and we give that lots of weight. We expect they must be a can't miss prospect that can achieve elite production. That was unfair for Hubbs because the fans expectations for him were never realistic. He was mislabled by recruiting services. He never should have been ranked that highly. The result was he actually achieved what his talent allowed him to achieve and yet fans saw him as a failure. We saw the rankings and the high school stats and created an analysis for Bailey that is in some ways unfair. He is not as physically talented as we think. Does that mean he will never be successful, nope, not at all. But it does mean he is not able to come in and be good immediately. We desperately crave for him to be what the recruiting sites said he was because we NEED him to be that. We have no other great option at QB. It is not fair to him much like Hubbs. He would very likely be unsuccessful if he played now and many fans can't accept that reality without placing blame on coaching staffs instead of understanding that he was probably mislabled by recruiting services. If he came in as a 3-star most fans that are clamoring for him wouldn't be. True of false? Be honest with yourself.

WKU would be a great place for him. He would put up video game numbers.

Hell Butch has Arkansas St. passing game over 1000 yards already.

Either of those teams would make him a stud.
As a WKU alum, yes please. Helton is churning out Madden # QBs. Really crazy how Hype would rather have someone who can run and not hit a wide open WR instead of a guy who can sort of run but hits everyone in stride.

As a WKU alum, yes please. Helton is churning out Madden # QBs. Really crazy how Hype would rather have someone who can run and not hit a wide open WR instead of a guy who can sort of run but hits everyone in stride.

I can deff see him at WKU. I’d tune in from time to time to watch him.

Against TTU, we'll see at least 2 QBs. They may even give Bailey some reps.

I think it's a balancing act... cause they want to use Bailey's RS so he doesn't burn the RS unless he has to because of injuries. So ya sit him in as many games as you can.

Pretty sure he can appear in a total of 4 games before it's burned.
Do redshirts even work like that lol? Doesn’t he get to burn the redshirt whenever he wants.

That’s why it is hard for me to be excited about him…. I have never heard hardly any positive talk about HB besides fans.

The other question you have to ask yourself. Would you rather the QB making the right reads but missing the throw OR the QB who makes the throw but often misses the read (and may throw into bad spots)?

I know one thing that I've heard about HB that concerns me a little bit is the phrase "a very catchable ball" that sounds like coach talk for slow/soft. And those throws turn into pick 6s when throwing to single coverage to the boundary.
I’ve already stated it before, Harrison Bailey has elite velocity on the ball. He throws the ball very fast. 55Mph.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back