Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
The defense was the definition of mediocre stats wise. It wasn't good, and it wasn't horrible. It did regress badly in several areas which is what sticks in peoples minds I think.

I just keep shaking my head at the smoking crater that was the 2020 Vols. I desperately hope that is the worst season we will ever witness.

I don't have any logical reason but I wouldn't be overly excited over Steele. I think I may just be enamored with the guy at St. I feel like we just need young fresh energy and ideas, all around.
Dude has had a top 25 defense the past 4 or 5 years and has probably saved Gus’s job more than a few times. I’d be just fine with him.

Swain alluded to either someone on staff, or formerly on staff, who was using the players as leverage for a job. If you see someone end up there we will have our answer.

If true, my guess is that person has no future at OU. If it is being discussed as a possibility in the media, the Sooners will probably not want to draw any additional attention by confirming it with a hire.

I don't hate Steele as the DC, he's already here and he's already making the 900k. Let -him- walk away, don't trust him but I also think with White at AD Steele won't try to work backchannels to get the HC job here. What Steele gives us is the chance to have a very good defensive staff that can/has recruited the SEC at a high level. The connections he has are no joke.

I'd rather have Arnett cause I like young fire...but he has a brand new contract that makes his buyout more expensive to other SEC schools to hire him.

Hot take...
Makenzie Milton was the magic for Scott Frost and explains why UCF and Frost at Nebraska each took a step backwards after his injury ☕

I don’t think it’s a hot take at all. I mean it’s better than this stupid theory that heupel just lived off what Frost built.... frost wasn’t there long enough to build anything. His first class would’ve been mainly already penciled in with O’Leary signees upon arrival and he was leaving before his 2nd class even got there.

UCF has been one of the most up and down programs since O’Leary took over. I mean the dude starter 0-12 and ended 0-12 but had like 4 double digit win seasons and a fiesta bowl victory in between lol.

A contract for Steele is very complicated with the Auburn buyout but if allowed id give him a 3 year deal with that 3rd year being enormous. Maybe a 3.5 mil dollar contract where that 3rd year he makes 2mil.
not sure auburn would allow that but if so I think he’s that important

Reactions: Bruce Wayne
Geez Louise, guys. All I asked was for you guys to fix this mess while I took a nap. I come back, and not only have you not fixed the mess, now we have CB asking for his release?? I'm really disappointed in you guys. I mean, you could have at least hired a DC while I was napping.

While Edward Jones obviously has no influence over the market itself, you are with a conservative company who will advise you well. After my father's first retirement, he opened an Edward Jones office. He eventually thought they were too conservative, but it sounds like they match your needs.
Yeah...I am pleased with them. I could have chosen a higher risk\higher return strategy, but that just didn't sound appealing to me.

Then why direct it to me at all? If you don't agree with my opinion, just ignore it. Or disagree on the point that applies to me.

Bygones. Have a great day.

It really wasn't so much directed at you, that's why I said 'we'. I responded to you because I respect your opinion more than the persistent belly achers, and more to the point, I responded to you because your annoyance on the issue is uncharacteristically apparent and has surprised me. Obviously my comment struck a nerve, and for that I am genuinely sorry.

I have no agenda. I've never met Plowman or Boyd. I'm not an attorney, so any opinion I might have regarding the validity of their approach has little merit. I do however think that the constant demonizing of leadership comes at a cost to the program. You disagree. Fair enough, and 'nuf said. I'd still love to buy you an adult beverage of your choice someday.

Reactions: VolGee4
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back