Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
how far below the 85 mark are we going to be? if it gets down to 70-75, can we use the "we're taking a 10-15 scholarship reduction this year?"

also, I don't see many "good" teams using a spot on their 25 for a rent-a-kicker...

Reactions: Rishvol
...and I'll further point out that I said 'you' only once in my post, and 'we' every other time. That was by intent.

Then why direct it to me at all? If you don't agree with my opinion, just ignore it. Or disagree on the point that applies to me.

Bygones. Have a great day.

Look...my mom left me some money and it is in a Edward Jones account which I hope to leave untouched till retirement. I just don't want this chaos to end up ruining me. I am a cautious non-greedy person and I just want to be left out of this crap.

I don't understand the stock market, I am a poor guy and always have been, all I know is that the bulk of my money is invested in ten mutual funds, and besides that I have about $2,500 worth of stock in Emerson electronics and Home Depot which have both done really well since June.

I don't want the market to crash over these idiots...that is my concern.

Not sure you should be calling these folks idiots if you don't understand the stock market...

If you've got money invested in 10 mutual funds then you're well diversified and what's happening among a handful of stocks isn't likely to impact you. We had far greater dips back in March when COVID hit...so the real idiots are those not helping us move past that.

IDT my opinion is valued more than anybody else's-- and far less than some-- but ask a direct question and I'll answer it. I don't opine on many issues, and I generally take a temperate position unless I have facts supporting a stronger position.
I think you've opined enough about your disagreement with how the investigation and firing was handled, and need to let it go so we can all move forward and get excited about our new coach. Sincerely...

Unlike the rest of us, Tee can take time off, not be poor, and manage his eldest son's NFL career.

With so many people in this country who had careers destroyed by COVID the last year, I refuse to feel sorry for Tee.

Preach!

Sick of these shiz stirring, pampered whiners. Get a real job if you fail at what you want to do repeatedly.

It's going to be hard to attract great defense staff with Heupel.
$$$$$$ taks...that FU money they saved on Heupel is about to come in handy. Assistant coaches are mercenaries..they go where the money is. They are going to have to commit a lot of money to a good defensive staff, and then we are going to have to commit a lot of patience and give them time to build a relatively good defense.

Not sure you should be calling these folks idiots if you don't understand the stock market...

If you've got money invested in 10 mutual funds then you're well diversified and what's happening among a handful of stocks isn't likely to impact you. We had far greater dips back in March when COVID hit...so the real idiots are those not helping us move past that.

Hope you're right. I don't like chaos.

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
not against Sec defenses. Plus we will be giving up 50 quite often IMO. As bad as the offense was last year, the defense was even worse in pass coverage. Heupel’s style of offenses also leave the defenses on the field more often than usual.
What SEC defense? Did you not watch any SEC games last year?

Some National media , most have not (Finebaum-as an example). All the Sec fan bases have laughed at the hire considering who we could have hired with FU money. We went cheap.

We didn’t go cheap. How do people not understand this—program is a dumpster fire and it’s impossible to get P5 coaches to come to another P5 school especially one with sanctions. The cheap narrative gets old. We were told no, or in some cases coaches passed on us. It’s that simple.

Does doing this not end up destroying the companies, and then ruining all their employees and concessionairs?

The folks who are doing this are betting against the hedge funds who had already bet against the company. If you short a stock you are wanting the value to sink to as close to 0 as possible to make maximum profit. These guys are buying shares and holding them, that's all. They're lowering the supply of shares and increasing demand which increases the price. Gamestop doesn't benefit or suffer at all assuming that they aren't issuing stock in the near future.

$$$$$$ taks...that FU money they saved on Heupel is about to come in handy. Assistant coaches are mercenaries..they go where the money is. They are going to have to commit a lot of money to a good defensive staff, and then we are going to have to commit a lot of patience and give them time to build a relatively good defense.

I know it is uncommon, but if we hit on the right guy, I wouldn't mind giving out some 3 year contracts so we have some continuity.. one of JP and Butch's biggest downfalls were the constant revolving door of coaches.. bring some guys in here that are good at their jobs, let them coach, and pay them well so they'll stick

This university needs an exorcism. There are apparently too many demons to expel with just a new AD/HC combo.

This week, Danny White preached positivity and asked fans to support the program and be part of the solution not the problem. That’s fair. Many former players went on the radio supporting that and agreeing with him. Now, just 48 hours later we have former players threatening to boycott the team and stirring up high school drama because another former player didn’t get the HC gig.

We are cursed from top to bottom and it’s clear you can’t just point the finger at the fans. Tee is a fine WR coach, but Hubbs saying this could get ugly because “Tee is unemployed” is hilarious. He has made hundreds of thousands of dollars for years being a mediocre WR coach. He is not exactly hurting for money unless he is fiscally irresponsible.

He shouldn’t have any trouble getting other gigs either, so I don’t see why we’re creating such a fuss. Shame on the former players turning Heupel’s climb up the hill to a climb up the mountain by trying to cut his legs out from under him.

I’m SO over the drama. Clean it up.

He was coaching on a 3-7 football team, what’s the obligation to keep him? Nostalgia? No.

Tennessee's application for a Centurion Card was declined due to a 450 credit score.

People are saying Heupel’s style of offense hurts the defense because of the amount of time the defense is on the field. While this may be true, our offense was so bad last year that the defense was on the field far more than they should have been. This won’t be anything new for our defense, we’ll just have more points this time.

People are saying Heupel’s style of offense hurts the defense because of the amount of time the defense is on the field. While this may be true, our offense was so bad last year that the defense was on the field far more than they should have been. This won’t be anything new for our defense, we’ll just have more points this time.
This^^^.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back