Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are. Hearing and reading it in all the sports forums. After the Heupel hire the criticism has ramped even more.
Who cares. Block out the noise and do the work necessary to succeed. All that matters is the kids in the locker room. You start winning and the noise will quiet on it's own.

Lol... it was a serious question. I wasn’t wishing bad things on him. We just haven’t heard his name since then. I never heard if that happened or not.

I know you were being serious

I don’t know the answer

Apparently news channel 2 in Nashville did an interview with him. I can’t wait to watch....

ya, but we don't look like a good team.

Great defense, but horrible offense. It is catching up.

If we shoot to our averages then we'll be running away from teams. Slums suck, Bailey is in a bad way right now in his. Hoping Keon continues to contribute as much as he is offensively. Seems like Pons is putting in more as well, if he can keep scoring 10+ every night that'll help us continue to win until the 3 ball starts falling more.

Also, we have 3 losses and every team that beat us went over 70. Arkansas is the only team that has scored more than 70 that we still beat. We win with defense and as long as they focus on keeping teams from scoring we'll win the majority of the games we have left.

We'll see who is laughing when we hang 50 on 'em.
not against Sec defenses. Plus we will be giving up 50 quite often IMO. As bad as the offense was last year, the defense was even worse in pass coverage. Heupel’s style of offenses also leave the defenses on the field more often than usual.

Is Kayden a senior at Catholic next year?

If he is, I can see why Tee wants to stay. I’m not saying he deserves it, but missing your son’s senior year would suck.

I don’t understand why JH and Tee do not just get it a room talk it out, and maybe JH could work out a one year deal to let him prove himself if that’s what they chose to do.
So he should hire a coach because he wants to stay for his son's senior season?

Can’t blame fans for this one. We didn’t Schianomo this thing. Players and VFLs are.

That’s why I wasn’t ready to give the new leadership this glowing endorsement. Danny has a lot to fix and Plowman and Boyd need to step in and move this cloud away. Only they can.
You really think that matters to our admin? After all, these are the same people that decided to start an internal investigation, dig up the bodies, and get the program in a bunch of NCAA trouble to try and avoid a $12mil buyout.

This makes so mad. We could have quietly investigated and fired Pruitt... really everyone.

LA, we respect you, and you DO have some influence on how information is passed on and accepted here. I don't think he was singling you out. We know you have some contacts with the university. In fact, because of your influence, I think he was asking you why you feel this way. Many people take the information through your lens, and I think it's a legitimate question.

IDT my opinion is valued more than anybody else's-- and far less than some-- but ask a direct question and I'll answer it. I don't opine on many issues, and I generally take a temperate position unless I have facts supporting a stronger position.

not against Sec defense. Plus we will be giving up 50 quite often IMO. As bad as the offense was last year, the defense was even worse in pass coverage. Heupel’s style of offenses also leave the defenses on the field more often than usual.
We just handed an offensive coach with an insane ppg avg. a team that is at least 45 to 50 spots higher in recruiting rankings . Heupel is gonna eat.

not against Sec defenses. Plus we will be giving up 50 quite often IMO. As bad as the offense was last year, the defense was even worse in pass coverage. Heupel’s style of offenses also leave the defenses on the field more often than usual.
To be honest im not so sure these kids are that bad or is it just a lack of fűks given on their part. Who can blame them if all the behind the scenes bs is acurate

Dang it. No identity on offense. Fulky struggling. Vescovi a TO machine. I hope we get well soon.

Oddly enough, it has been Fulkerson in the losses that was the TO machine. He had 9 total in our 3 losses, when his highest total before those games was just 2.

Santi's highest TOs were in both Missouri games, which based on how they defend isn't a surprise. He only had 1 against Mississippi state.

Our leading TO guys are the freshmen, one reason I'm still very optimistic this team can make a run in March. If Springer/Keon start taking care of the ball better then we'll be even tougher to handle.

Reactions: drvenner
This university needs an exorcism. There are apparently too many demons to expel with just a new AD/HC combo.

This week, Danny White preached positivity and asked fans to support the program and be part of the solution not the problem. That’s fair. Many former players went on the radio supporting that and agreeing with him. Now, just 48 hours later we have former players threatening to boycott the team and stirring up high school drama because another former player didn’t get the HC gig.

We are cursed from top to bottom and it’s clear you can’t just point the finger at the fans. Tee is a fine WR coach, but Hubbs saying this could get ugly because “Tee is unemployed” is hilarious. He has made hundreds of thousands of dollars for years being a mediocre WR coach. He is not exactly hurting for money unless he is fiscally irresponsible.

He shouldn’t have any trouble getting other gigs either, so I don’t see why we’re creating such a fuss. Shame on the former players turning Heupel’s climb up the hill to a climb up the mountain by trying to cut his legs out from under him.

I’m SO over the drama. Clean it up.

At this point, let White completely clean out the AD. Remove Hubbs from the VolNetwork, because VolQuest clicks and ties to the old guard are clearly more important to him than helping the current program. Frankly, I'm done with the entire "heritage" organization and how it's handled this. No offense to those of you who work in the dept or affiliated departments, but everyone seems to have their own agenda and just paying everyone off to get on board doesn't work. Their agendas don't change, they just fade into the background until the next opportunity to hold UT hostage over their agenda.

Having been a fan for 6 decades - I fully agree. For those that understand life cycle theory, the organization (football program) is nearing the dead dog stage. UT officials did the right thing to revive it in hiring a successful, well qualified AD and a successful up and coming HC. That is normally enough to take the program back to the growth stage. However, the old guard and underlings are still stuck back near dead dog stage and undermining the mission.

So the new broom provided by the new AD who hopefully got his authority from Boyd, Plowman and Compton - should sweep the place clean. Including any AD staff, coaches, players, media, janitors, cooks, marketers, contractors, cockroaches - whatever and whoever.

They were already destroyed. Hedge funds sold their shares to bankrupt them in the first place, which is why it was so low to begin with. Suits got rich off of it and now it’s our turn.
Look...my mom left me some money and it is in a Edward Jones account which I hope to leave untouched till retirement. I just don't want this chaos to end up ruining me. I am a cautious non-greedy person and I just want to be left out of this crap.

I don't understand the stock market, I am a poor guy and always have been, all I know is that the bulk of my money is invested in ten mutual funds, and besides that I have about $2,500 worth of stock in Emerson electronics and Home Depot which have both done really well since June.

I don't want the market to crash over these idiots...that is my concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back