Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
The same Redditors that raised GS stock doing the same thing to AMC since RH blocked the trade. They have more steam now since it’s national news that RH f’ed their customers. AMC is down right now so it’s cheap and no telling what it will rise too
Does doing this not end up destroying the companies, and then ruining all their employees and concessionairs?

Normally, I'd agree. It's Tennessee. We had to overpay. And to get a top coach, it had to break the mold.
Yeah, there was going to be over paying, but I honestly don’t see him getting us to where we want and paying him that much would just be ridiculous. He can’t get past OSU and Michigan, how is he gonna get past Alabama, Florida, Georgia, TAMU, LSU, etc.

Return on investment wouldn’t have been worth it IMO.

I’m not seeing this “laughing stock” you reference. National media have by and large acknowledged Heupel is a solid hire considering the NCAA circumstances.
The only ones seeing it are seeing what they want to see. National media saying mostly positive stuff, but of course Clay and the local boys being negative every chance they get as usual!

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
I don’t understand why JH and Tee do not just get it a room talk it out, and maybe JH could work out a one year deal to let him prove himself if that’s what they chose to do.

Tee’s been at the Senior Bowl in Mobile all week supporting his kid and Josh Palmer, interviewing with South Alabama at the same time. Not sure if there to recruit as well?

Heupels success here is literally all about the defense and S&C imo. Dooley and Botch both somehow managed to put together some good offenses on the field only to have defenses that were absolutely disastrous at the end.

Our return to consistent 8-9 win seasons under Heupel totally depends on whether or not he can hire a staff that will put a "relatively good" defense on the field for more than a year or two.

Wilcox was able to do that, and a really bad hire (Slaw Sunseri) after he left destroyed Dooley. Jancek did it, and then the S&C disaster leading to a catastrophic number of injuries and weak players, and then a hire gone weirdly wrong in Shoop after Jancek left destroyed Botch.

Perhaps we should hire Jeremy Pruitt as DC. I hear he's pretty good.

I kid. I kid.

Reactions: gainesvol82
I’m not seeing this “laughing stock” you reference. National media have by and large acknowledged Heupel is a solid hire considering the NCAA circumstances.
Some National media , most have not (Finebaum-as an example). All the Sec fan bases have laughed at the hire considering who we could have hired with FU money. We went cheap.

I think he was a good WR coach at USC and Kentucky, and a GREAT recruiter at both places. Some combination of average work ethic due to Fulmer being the AD, and the fact he and Pruitt never seemed to gel, seems to have cost him a lot of his reputation.

This plus what’s happening right now is only making him less attractable at other places.

Does doing this not end up destroying the companies, and then ruining all their employees and concessionairs?
They were already destroyed. Hedge funds sold their shares to bankrupt them in the first place, which is why it was so low to begin with. Suits got rich off of it and now it’s our turn.

Reactions: I4Jay
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back