Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Offensive line coach Glenn Elarbee is not currently in Knoxville according various people we have spoken with. Elarbee is expected to join the Vol staff with Heupel. He has been doing some recruiting work for the Vols, but all the i's are not dotted and t's crossed on his contract.

- Hubbs

People are saying Heupel’s style of offense hurts the defense because of the amount of time the defense is on the field. While this may be true, our offense was so bad last year that the defense was on the field far more than they should have been. This won’t be anything new for our defense, we’ll just have more points this time.
BINGO.
even worse. We came away with no points.
What’s worse, being on the field after a 3 & out or after a Scoring drive...

people who claim to worry about the defense being on the field are just old timers who don’t want to understand the change in football.
The offense gets a lead and the run game starts gutting and the pace slows down to help hold leads.

OK, you've expressed your opinion. Here's mine: Worry about what you need and others can do the same. Oh, and the ignore button is a great tool. It takes less time to use it than to tell others what they "need" to do.

FWIW I appreciate your honesty and candor with us. I would much rather hear the brutal honest truth then just be told what we want to hear with little merit from the hype-man ATL.

Danny White could really improve his stock with the fan base if he went out and money-whipped Alex Grinch at OU to come be the new DC. Get some retaliation against the Sooners and bring in a coach with a lot of experience being the DC for a high-octane offense, there and with Leach at WSU. Pay him Aranda/Steele money.

Look...my mom left me some money and it is in a Edward Jones account which I hope to leave untouched till retirement. I just don't want this chaos to end up ruining me. I am a cautious non-greedy person and I just want to be left out of this crap.

I don't understand the stock market, I am a poor guy and always have been, all I know is that the bulk of my money is invested in ten mutual funds, and besides that I have about $2,500 worth of stock in Emerson electronics and Home Depot which have both done really well since June.

I don't want the market to crash over these idiots...that is my concern.

While Edward Jones obviously has no influence over the market itself, you are with a conservative company who will advise you well. After my father's first retirement, he opened an Edward Jones office. He eventually thought they were too conservative, but it sounds like they match your needs.

People are saying Heupel’s style of offense hurts the defense because of the amount of time the defense is on the field. While this may be true, our offense was so bad last year that the defense was on the field far more than they should have been. This won’t be anything new for our defense, we’ll just have more points this time.
Nothing is worse for your defense than Jarrett Guaranturnovers.

Yoooo ya'll see the Micah Parsons draft stock updates? Seems like James Franklin's culture concerns ain't changed if all that mess is true.

DODGED A BULLET
he's a good coach but he's not 10 years at 9 milly a year good, especially with those concerns.

The more Iook into Heupel the more I think we may have gotten a steal here. We'll see of course, but dude balled in his first year at UCF, if Milton doesn't go down, I bet they beat LSU to go 13-0 in that bowl game. You don't do that if you can't coach. Period. The second year, they had another serious injury to their starting QB which led them to start a true freshman. They still had the number 2 ranked offense in the country and finished 10-3 losing those three games by one possession each. The defense was the problem. And last year was a covid year where they had over 10 opt outs and even more injuries, and still the only game that got ugly was the bowl game against BYU. And yet, in spite all of that, his offense yet again ranked 2nd in the nation. His defense is the reason for the struggles. Man, if he nails this DC hire, we might look back on this in a few years and think of Heupel as a home run

Danny White could really improve his stock with the fan base if he went out and money-whipped Alex Grinch at OU to come be the new DC. Get some retaliation against the Sooners and bring in a coach with a lot of experience being the DC for a high-octane offense, there and with Leach at WSU. Pay him Aranda/Steele money.
How has he done at OU? I haven't followed

She had to involve NCAA. Everyone in college football knew we were committing lots of recruiting violations.
Everyone knows UGA, Bama, OSU and hell pretty much everybody commits lots of recruiting violations..they don't snitch on themselves and invite the AA to destroy them..

I'm sorry, but nothing that has happened has changed my mind about how stupid that was. It was nothing but a hit job to get rid of Fulmer and his influence once and for all.

Now others may think it was worth it in the long run, but we will feel the fall out from it for years to come. This Tee crap is part of it.

Reactions: LA Vol and jp1
he's a good coach but he's not 10 years at 9 milly a year good, especially with those concerns.

The more Iook into Heupel the more I think we may have gotten a steal here. We'll see of course, but dude balled in his first year at UCF, if Milton doesn't go down, I bet they beat LSU to go 13-0 in that bowl game. You don't do that if you can't coach. Period. The second year, they had another serious injury to their starting QB which led them to start a true freshman. They still had the number 2 ranked offense in the country and finished 10-3 losing those three games by one possession each. The defense was the problem. And last year was a covid year where they had over 10 opt outs and even more injuries, and still the only game that got ugly was the bowl game against BYU. And yet, in spite all of that, his offense yet again ranked 2nd in the nation. His defense is the reason for the struggles. Man, if he nails this DC hire, we might look back on this in a few years and think of Heupel as a home run

Former PSU football player gives details on alleged hazing by teammates

I mean...it's -real- bad stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back