Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did some digging...

Alex Golesh is gonna eat at UT, he's a workhorse recruiter. Glen Elarbee seems willing to hit the trail hard too, although despite having a few OL the last couple classes they've not had any UCF coaches listed on 247 for their recruiter (odd).
Elarbee is a good coach. His o-line always preforms well, but he rarely has any offensive linemen ever drafted

Reactions: reeceb73
Work that almost anyone could have done

Talk to players, assure them things are going to get better.
wow
can't believe Phil was allowed to hire him. Also can't believe Steele wouldn't want to stick around and DC if he really cares about UT and Heupel wants him. Seems more and more likely that Phil brought in Steele with an under the table agreement to make him interim / give him the job. Not so much due to Steele being altruistic and wanting to 'help get his school back' like we were hearing.

Elarbee is a good coach. His o-line always preforms well, but he rarely has any offensive linemen ever drafted

Yeah, based on where he's been though that's not a big shock. Other than his time at Mizzou (where his Center was drafted in 2016 in the 4th round) he's been at smaller G5 schools.

His line at Mizzou helped the Tigers to 2017 national ranks of No. 7 in total offense, No. 7 in sacks allowed, No. 10 in scoring offense, No. 14 in passing offense, No. 21 in first downs, No. 23 in red zone offense and No. 35 in rushing offense. Elarbee took over a Tiger offensive line in 2016 that had no returning starters and molded that group into one of the top lines in the nation. In 2016, Missouri was No. 13 in total offense, No. 20 in passing offense, No. 38 in rushing offense and No. 48 in scoring offense after the Tigers were no higher than No. 113 in those categories the year before. His 2016 unit led the nation in fewest tackles-for-loss allowed and were No. 16 in fewest sacks allowed.

Wow. Huge improvement over Friend.

I’m a bit confused. Is the goal to get UT to pay Tee for two more years, force Heupel to keep him on staff or something else?
One could reasonably read it that he’s saying let’s make a stand to rid our society of systemic racism so we don’t have similar things happen to us later in life, not necessarily trying to keep Tee on board.

can't believe Phil was allowed to hire him. Also can't believe Steele wouldn't want to stick around and DC if he really cares about UT and Heupel wants him. Seems more and more likely that Phil brought in Steele with an under the table agreement to make him interim / give him the job. Not so much due to Steele being altruistic and wanting to 'help get his school back' like we were hearing.

Didn't that under the table deal also include Tee? I think that is why Tee was so upset that he was gonna be moving on now.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Good memories.
tenor.gif

Tee, if you cared about this job you wouldn’t be at the senior bowl. You would be in Knoxville trying to keep kids and fighting for a job. Stop letting media and kids fight for you and get your lazy ass back home to see if you can get the job. Sorry you didn’t get a new contract or get one signed, but that’s on you. Man up and stop hurting this program. Rant over. I want to tell my neighbor to tell Tee to shut the hell up and move on, but I am not sure if it would get my a** kicked or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back