Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I look around the SEC at the teams that are successful, and that's not how it's done. I'm not trying to be overly negative. I'm trying to stay realistic. But this kind of offer worries me. Pruitt may have been an ass, but he wasn't wrong when he said we have to chase the same players that other top SEC programs chase. Sure, the NCAA troubles make that harder, but it's no less true. I just hope this offer isn't a sign of things to come. Always chasing project players doesn't work out. We can afford 1-2 a class, maybe, not even sure that's true given our current circumstances, but we cannot live off of projects.

Disagree with me opinion if you want, but I feel how I feel. I bleed Orange just like everyone else. I will always support the team, no matter what. But I have legitimate concerns about JH's abilities to make this work. I'm hoping and praying he does. I don't want to see us fall even further. But I just can't blindly buy in like some have. We've blindly bought into coach after coach. I just can't do that anymore. I want to be wrong, but I'm not sure I am.
We suck...everything sucks...life sucks...😔

Welp, this sounded good but today less so. Thoughts?

No big surprises so far. CJH is bringing some of his staffers, and they'll get sweet deals. Steele envisioned a different scenario and is ready to leverage that golden parachute. In the game of UT musical chairs, Chaney and Weinke aren't finding one. Tee's contract expires Sunday. UT is working on deals and will pay buyoUTs for those disinclined to job search. UT won't get a buyout from Ansley, who had an NFL clause in his contract.

I know people love to throw that out there about Butch's offense, but you can't ignore his whole tenure. We fired him for a reason.
Mostly because of things other than his offense, though. Obviously the whole team was a wreck the last year. But 2016 it was all about S&C and a disastrous defense, which ultimately led to him falling short and things tanking.

His OLs weren't a barrier to scoring big points or team success, I guess is my point. It was how he mishandled S&C, mismanaging Shoop and the coordinators, "toxic culture" etc.

Yeah it’s exactly the kind of system he thrived in in hs. Spread tempo that takes the pressure off his subpar oline and allows him to leverage his accuracy and decision making. Opposite of Chaney who relies on a big arm and a mobile qb. People will write him off but I think bailey will eat next year
1611894982701.gif

No big surprises so far. CJH is bringing some of his staffers, and they'll get sweet deals. Steele envisioned a different scenario and is ready to leverage that golden parachute. In the game of UT musical chairs, Chaney and Weinke aren't finding one. Tee's contract expires Sunday. UT is working on deals and will pay buyoUTs for those disinclined to job search. UT won't get a buyout from Ansley, who had an NFL clause in his contract.

Heard anything on the defensive side of things?

List at 6'4" 265lbs

Yay, an undersized OT. Sorry, I just remember another former coach who liked undersized OL.
He's a '21 guy. Literally 75% of the class has signed. Few big fish left out there that are undecided. A 4* star OT.

And yet some might be ecstatic for another 360 lb Pruitt OL because he's just so big...as we continue to score 20 ppg another season. Let's just put up points, doesn't matter if we maul the other team or we actually outtechnique, outscheme, outcoach, and outtempo the other team for once.

After the Chaney-Pruitt offensive shizshow, how could you not trust a guy that has a career 37.4 PPG average?

Everything @AtlantaVol shared was true. We had a big hire on the line and it was Franklin for sure. But didn’t happen. Some deals don’t get done. No investigation then we spend the money for the right guy. Gives me hope we will spend for a good staff and have a guy who wants to be here. Time to support and hope this guy is it.

lmao we snitched in ourselves bc we fell for franklins bs. We are even dumber than I thought. Snitched for a snake and got bit

He's a '21 guy. Literally 75% of the class has signed. Few big fish left out there that are undecided. A 4* star OT.

And yet some might be ecstatic for another 360 lb Pruitt OL because he's just so big...as we continue to score 20 ppg another season. Let's just put up points, doesn't matter if we maul the other team or we actually outtechnique, outscheme, outcoach, and outtempo the other team for once.

After the Chaney-Pruitt offensive shizshow, how could you not trust a guy that has a career 37.4 PPG average?
Having an open spot doesn't mean you have to use the open spot. You can save it for transfers or roll it forward. And right now, he's only been offered. He hasn't committed.

If you like the offer, fine. That's your opinion. I'm concerned by the offer. That's my opinion. People are allowed to disagree.

Tulane, of all places, will have two guys go on draft day in back to back years for the first time in school history. Now that UCONN left or got kicked out or whatever, there’s an nfl talent or two on most rosters in the conference.
AAC is a quality conference. Probably not the same talent level but I find them more crucial to the CFB landscape than the PAC 12 at this point

Heupel's worst offense EVER scored 29 ppg (1 year stop at Utah St). That is 1 season below 30 ppg in 10 years.

Daaaaaang. If our floor is 29 ppg...that would be in the top 30% of scoring offenses from our last decade.

I am very excite!

To add-on...vs our last offensive HC who produced 2 of our highest scoring seasons of all-time:

CBJ Pre-UT: 9 seasons 28.8 ppg - all in G5
Best season: 33.3 ppg

CJH Pre-UT: 10 seasons 37.4 ppg - 6 seasons in P5, 4 in P5
Best season: 43.4 ppg

CBJ NEVER ONCE in his whole career had a best season that merely reached CJH's AVERAGE season 👀

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back