Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may not lose my mind if we give Pruitt one more year. We will have the best Def. coaching staff in football. The problem is I have almost zero faith that Pruitt will let this staff do their job. But my God look at the names, Pruitt, Steele, Ansley jaw-dropping coaching talent.
Not even close.

Reactions: orangesoda
I don’t take ole miss lightly..... I was just talking back to the ones that act like lane is close to nick Saban in stature when he has not come close to proving that.
To that point I agree with you. Also, I agree with your other point about getting a better QB coach.

I still choose to believe Pruitt is gone until he isn't.

If he is still here, then Fulmer has indeed screwed the fanbase with his middle finger up... so F Fulmer as much as gump moving forward.

Why isn't there more talk about what is going on with Chaney? Is his fat ass staying? Why are we not trying to get a Lebby or someone who can coach and run a 2021 offense!?
If Chaney was part of Pruitt's "PLAN", then the Admin and AD are 'tarded.... sorry. All you guys saying a few weeks ago you wouldn't take SARK as a HC on are crack... Did you see what he dialed up last night with one foot out the door!? Seriously impressive play calling... I am confident there are literally 20 other OC's that would come here in a heartbeat for less money that could out scheme Chaney in their sleep... This is the pathetic part of all this--- no one is talking about Chaney...

Fulmer is going to get Pruitt his 2 more years. Steele is just insurance policy, someone he can move into an interim spot when the inevitable can absolutely no longer be avoided.

With this ‘22 instate class coming up, it would be the perfect time to get that recruiting boost that comes with a new HC. We’ll all be wishing for Marrone when Pruitt is canned, Steele is HC, and they majority of that ‘22 class ends up elsewhere.

Reactions: PA Vol
I may not lose my mind if we give Pruitt one more year. We will have the best Def. coaching staff in football. The problem is I have almost zero faith that Pruitt will let this staff do their job. But my God look at the names, Pruitt, Steele, Ansley jaw-dropping coaching talent.
The only problem is that offense is what is winning games and championships now.

Biggest takeaway is there are clearly two different outlets of information. Basilio, Brice, Lowe and others are all on the Pruitt being gone and then you have AP.....

Gonna be interested to see who’s right at the end of all of it. Whenever the hell that may be.
Basilo’s take seems to be that Pruitt could come back but that it would make absolutely no sense. As he says “this is Tennessee so who knows”

To be fair...that didn't really happen till he stupidly decided that S&C was a waste of time. The difference in the physicality of the 15 and 16 team was absolutely mind blowing.

The same OL that had at least 2 NFL starters on it played like they were on skates his first year there too. It was pitiful to watch. It worked for him in conference USA, but not SEC. I get the same vibe about Chadwell’s offense.

Ok. Somebody's getting played, and I'm tired of it being me...

Fully reconciled at this point that Pruitt will remain HC until an official announcement. Will be interesting to see investigation findings, see how staff positions play out and what portal transfers we can get to shore up roster vacancies.

GBO!

if we gave Mims 120k, how the hell did we not land him? Is Georgia throwing 150k at kids?
I heard back when I lived in Bama a decade ago that guys who were really wanted were getting $50,000 or more.

I knew stuff went on since I found out about some of the relatively penny ante stuff Doc Overholt (only guy I for sure know about, but sure there were others) did for some of our players in the 80s...but that stuff in Alabama absolutely opened my eyes and blew my mind. I just don't think our system is as dedicated or committed to doing what it takes to win.

Yup 2015 lines were pushing Bama around.

S&C (and accountability) is everything. Pruitt is going the way of Butch in those areas. "Player-led team" and all that. Maybe it's optimal with great respect for their leader, such as Saban warrants. Butch and Pruitt...I guess not so much.

If leadership is lacking amongst the kids, that’s when the adults in the room have to step in and provide it instead of using it as an excuse for failure.

Reactions: crazyguy
Taking emotion out of it...... the roster Pruitt took over was the worst it had ever been at UT..... the Georgia state loss was horrible but I admire the team for fighting back to win 8 games... I felt like we were doing a good job flipping the roster but the younger players did not have a chance to develop due to cancelled spring and UTK ridiculous covid rules.... the season started up fine enough with two victories and a good first half versus Georgia.... JG’s melt down was the main reason for the crash and burn of the rest of the season....JP didn’t feel like Harrison was ready and started Sunday night scrimmages to get him ready...... I view this past season as a throw away season..... you are free to dwell on it if you prefer but I felt like he deserved a fourth year to prove whether or not he can get it done.... I felt like patience given the circumstances was a better choice instead of having to re do the roster every few years.
This is how i have felt as well. As part of a management team it has been one hell of a ride this past year and i for one am reluctant to judge others on how they handled it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back