Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pruitt will get fired. Steele will he named “interim” HC for the 21’ season. We go 7-5 or 8-4. Administration names Kevin Steele the HC going forward for 22’ on. Anyone willing to bet?
Until this administration hires someone that everyone can agree is a unifying/home run hire that demands respect, we will continue to trot out a rode hard carnival horse and pretend that it's a Thoroughbred.

I hope Pruitt makes us all look like idiots. Doubtful. But I hope he does.
agreed.

of course, there's so many angle this could be play out at.

Pruitt could just be playing good soldier to bolster his case should we try to go after that buyout. or so he doesn't burn bridges to another job in the future. as hard headed as he is, he has to know that how this thing ends, whenever it ends, will shine a light on him.

or he's coming back and everything is status quo.

either way....lets get on with it.....

Steele
Two year deal that expires Jan. 31, 2023

Base pay of $275,000
supplemental pay: $175,000
total: $450,000

Buyout is base and supplemental pay for the remaining months on the contract.

There is an off-set meaning if Steele was fired and got a job elsewhere then Tennessee would owe him the difference if there was one.

Remember Auburn owes him his two year buyout minus the $450,000 Tennessee is paying him.
-Hubbs

Reactions: nesbuddha66 and ugg
That’s what I’m afraid of. I hated seeing Butch’s OL getting pushed back by everybody -including Chattanooga- like they were on roller skates. I’m afraid of the same thing happening with Chadwell.
To be fair...that didn't really happen till he stupidly decided that S&C was a waste of time. The difference in the physicality of the 15 and 16 team was absolutely mind blowing.

From Hyams
It had been reported that Tennessee coach Jeremy Pruitt did not have the authority from UT to hire an assistant considering UT is undergoing an internal investigation from its compliance office for potential NCAA recruiting violations.

While sources said UT approved the hiring of Steele, it is not known if Pruitt has the clearance to hire an offensive line coach after Will Friend left in late December.

Also, Steele would be retained even if UT and Pruitt part ways, sources said.

I wish they would hurry up and do something

To be fair...that didn't really happen till he stupidly decided that S&C was a waste of time. The difference in the physicality of the 15 and 16 team was absolutely mind blowing.
Yup 2015 lines were pushing Bama around.

S&C (and accountability) is everything. Pruitt is going the way of Butch in those areas. "Player-led team" and all that. Maybe it's optimal with great respect for their leader, such as Saban warrants. Butch and Pruitt...I guess not so much.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
By the way lane lost by 12 points to Arkansas as well.
I know, but it's sort of silly to say that just because he lost to Arkansas doesn't mean we shouldn't be worried at all. LSU lost to Miss State, but beat Florida... My point is that with this staff I take NO ONE lightly, and I don't expect to beat anyone just because it looks like we should on paper.

LONG time lurker, as much as I hate to add to the rumor mongering here is something from Tiger Droppings that may be of interest. No idea if true, Marrone + Steele + Lebby??

Tiger Droppings
Lebby would change everything. If Marrone can just be a ceo and let go, unlike Pruitt, and let very good coordinators do their job...then helllll yeah. Basically anyone that could be like Pittman and just hire the best and step back, I'd 100% be behind.

I may not lose my mind if we give Pruitt one more year. We will have the best Def. coaching staff in football. The problem is I have almost zero faith that Pruitt will let this staff do their job. But my God look at the names, Pruitt, Steele, Ansley jaw-dropping coaching talent.

I know, but it's sort of silly to say that just because he lost to Arkansas doesn't mean we shouldn't be worried at all. LSU lost to Miss State, but beat Florida... My point is that with this staff I take NO ONE lightly, and I don't expect to beat anyone just because it looks like we should on paper.
I don’t take ole miss lightly..... I was just talking back to the ones that act like lane is close to nick Saban in stature when he has not come close to proving that.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Yup 2015 lines were pushing Bama around.

S&C (and accountability) is everything. Pruitt is going the way of Butch in those areas. "Player-led team" and all that. Maybe it's optimal with great respect for their leader, such as Saban warrants. Butch and Pruitt...I guess not so much.
Your post made me wonder (again) about what happened this past summer....

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back