Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Terrible roster development” and popular phrases like that come from ill-informed fans like yourself. Guys were being developed within this program during his first two seasons. Let’s stay the course.
Tennessee Vols who were coached by Pruitt that were selected in the NFL Draft:

Darrell Taylor
Jauan Jennings

Thats the list.

Ok put money on it? What role did Steele get again? Has it been named?
Put money on what? You weren' in the meeting where Steele's role was discuss with all those who needed to know? Just beacuse nothing is announce to the press doesn't mean nothing has been decided. Staff has to be restructured and the lawyers have to do their work.

On Basilio’s extra hour they discussed the possibility that Steele is there to be on staff but also available as interim HC to fill the gap when the time comes. Does that mean a 1 month gap or are we talking Steele as interim HC until Nov/Dec 2021?
This admin has to be the most inept admin in college sports. Bring in another loser coach to be interim for a year instead of going out here and hiring a winning HC. Fulmer has to go with Pruitt

Reactions: letsgoUT29
But if he went to Duke you’d be singing the praises
It’s like this. Yes you know I dislike UNC. I actually dislike their football program Way more than their basketball program for certain reasons. We’re in weird place where UNC is now a serious recruiting issue against us. I like Ty as a person, I will still sing TY’s praises in Chapel Hill, but I just hope he doesn’t win another game in college. If he goes there and balls out it’s going to make it that much more difficult to get recruits that used to just fall in our lap.

I don't know...I feel like Pruitt has no more contacts to pull. At least Steele has since his last HC stint been with some great coaches/programs.

He took the Baylor HC job from 1999-2002, before then he had only worked at TN, New Mexico State, OK State, Nebraska, & Carolina (NFL) as a positional coach. Hadn't even been a DC before taking that HC gig.

Since being fired from Baylor he's held jobs with FSU, Alabama, Clemson, LSU, & Auburn and at 4 of those schools he was a DC. So maybe being on staff under Bobby Bowden, Nick Saban, Dabo Swinney, Les Miles, & Gus Malzahn has better prepared him to be a HC. I mean that's a damn good group of guys to work under.
Who gives a sh!t who he’s worked under if we keep looking for that same concept to continue to work after it’s been a drastic failure for the most part across college football & the NFL for that matter

Strange. Ever since @InVOLuntary committed identity theft, @LA Vol has been absent. Did he commit a kidnapping as well?
Keeping on eye on this situation as it develops...
He gets me everytime. Change your avi @InVOLuntary !!!
How do you know it's not the other way around? Maybe @LA Vol hijacked @InVOLuntary and he's being held captive in some dungeon? Chained to the wall only being taken care of by a harem of scantily clad beautiful women. Ever consider that as a possibility?

giphy.gif

Something not many talk about here, but the rise of the North Carolina program only serves to make this job more difficult than it already was. It's not a good thing for Tennessee football.
I just saw this and made the same comments before I saw it. Completely agree.

Guys, I think Fulmer has gone rogue. Hear me out now...he gets word that Pruitt is going to have to be let go. He starts foaming at the mouth thinking about his baby boy Pruitt losing his job. He goes and pats him on the back and tells him...don’t worry I’ll finish what we started. Goes out and starts hiring behind the administrations back and finally pulls the trigger and names himself interim. It’s all coming together.

How do you know it's not the other way around? Maybe @LA Vol hijacked @InVOLuntary and he's being held captive in some dungeon? Chained to the wall only being taken care of by a harem of scantily clad beautiful women. Ever consider that as a possibility?

giphy.gif
Honestly, would he have to be chained? Come on now......

Reactions: InVOLuntary
I thought folks have been saying we’re going to set the woods on fire with Salter next season? Who, by the way, was brought in by Pruitt. Bailey will be the starter next season with a good stable of backs and receivers and we’ll be fine.
Pretty sure it's been stated over and over that Salter was a project with elite upside and potential. I don't think anyone believes Salter plays next year except perhaps in mop up duty (which doesn't happen here). Especially in our current offensive given its philosophy.

It’s like this. Yes you know I dislike UNC. I actually dislike their football program Way more than their basketball program for certain reasons. We’re in weird place where UNC is now a serious recruiting issue against us. I like Ty as a person, I will still sing TY’s praises in Chapel Hill, but I just hope he doesn’t win another game in college. If he goes there and balls out it’s going to make it that much more difficult to get recruits that used to just fall in our lap.

I’m sure he’ll do well. They just had another back go over 1k.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back